[REMOVE ADS]

Boy From Crosstown/Marvelettes

I have listened to this song over and over.......Strange background vocals to be honest......Almost does not sound like Kat or Wanda at all until the very end at the fade you hear Wanda's voice........And I mean at the very end......Are they both on that song? Overdubs through most of the song? Andantes included?

Are you talking about the 65 or the 66 version? I don't know if they used the same backing track.
    Last edited by 144man; 11-23-2013 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    Are you talking about the 65 or the 66 version? I don't know if they used the same backing track.
    The 66 version used a recut backing track.

Here's the info from the session log : -

Track cut 13 May 1966 & assigned to The Marvelettes. Completed 19 May 1966, additional background vocals cut 27 June 1966.

The 65 version used the same backing track as the Velvelettes version.

And here's the session log dates for the 65 version : -

Track cut on 26th January 1965, Marvelettes recorded on 11th February 1965, Handclaps added 2nd March 1965. Velvelettes version recorded on 13th & 18 August 1965.

Cheers

Paul
    Last edited by bradburger; 11-23-2013 at 02:49 PM.