[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    smark21 Guest
    ....Poor Flo.

In 1968, Flo may not have had a whole "act" together to present at the Copa, but couldn't she have been an opening act? Her two singles, a Supremes medley, a showtune or two.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    In 1968, Flo may not have had a whole "act" together to present at the Copa, but couldn't she have been an opening act? Her two singles, a Supremes medley, a showtune or two.
    I read that Flo did do some dates opening that year for Wilson Pickett. In an interview with REACH OUT newsletter, Cholly Atkins said that he helped Flo put an act together, but that she didn't want to do any Supremes material. I haven't read any reviews from anyone who might have attended her shows, besides Tony Turner. And since some of what he has written has been proven to be untrue or distorted, I don't know if his description of her Atlantic City engagement was accurate,

I am smiling as I read how this thread is sliding down the mountainside because some 50 some odd years ago, four beautiful brown skinned girls who were someones sister, friend,neighbor, with a wish,dared to dream. And acted out on that dream, not knowing that some 50 some odd years later there would be all of these smart people from all over the world talking about them, and TLC sales figures aside in a modern era, would become the top female vocal group ever.

As far as Jules Podel and Ms. Ballard, what was there to not like about Flo? She was beautiful, and no man with a pulse could resist her, whose she had you in her sights. On the other hand, I don't think that he cared about Flo not being there so long is it did not negatively impact business.

Flo once opened for Bill Cosby after she left the group.

supremester Guest
    Hey Reese - I had forgotten about Flo opening for Pickett - and it was own damn newletter lol.....dementia is definitely setting in fast!
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I read that Flo did do some dates opening that year for Wilson Pickett. In an interview with REACH OUT newsletter, Cholly Atkins said that he helped Flo put an act together, but that she didn't want to do any Supremes material. I haven't read any reviews from anyone who might have attended her shows, besides Tony Turner. And since some of what he has written has been proven to be untrue or distorted, I don't know if his description of her Atlantic City engagement was accurate,