[REMOVE ADS]

The Rascals Back Together After 4 Decades And In A Play "Once Upon A Dream"

Chicago Sun-Times article:http://www.suntimes.com/entertainmen...e-rascals.html

There is a Travel Zoo deal on the play http://www.travelzoo.com/entertainme...z_adid=1611051 but once they add on the stupid fees [[Fees: $11.98-$14.34 per ticket and $4.50 per order) it takes the fun out of the deal. The Rascals are one of my favorite groups and have a lot of songs that I like.
    Last edited by mr_june; 11-04-2013 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_june View Post
    Chicago Sun-Times article:http://www.suntimes.com/entertainmen...e-rascals.html

There is a Travel Zoo deal on the play http://www.travelzoo.com/entertainme...z_adid=1611051 but once they add on the stupid fees [[Fees: $11.98-$14.34 per ticket and $4.50 per order) it takes the fun out of the deal. The Rascals are one of my favorite groups and have a lot of songs that I like.
    mr_june,
    If you are a fan, go see it! I saw it in NYC and it was absolutely fantastic. The audience was so diverse and we had a ball! Probably it would be better to go to the box office, if you can. Check out this link [[I hope it works). I get discount tickets from them all the time and when I went on the website and they do have discount tickets for the Chicago show. Here it is:

http://www.theatermania.com/chicago-...ascals_300901/

The Rascals are one of the few 60's bands that all the original members are still alive. I am so glad they are touring again.

Quote Originally Posted by nysister View Post
    mr_june,
    If you are a fan, go see it! I saw it in NYC and it was absolutely fantastic. The audience was so diverse and we had a ball! Probably it would be better to go to the box office, if you can. Check out this link [[I hope it works). I get discount tickets from them all the time and when I went on the website and they do have discount tickets for the Chicago show. Here it is:

http://www.theatermania.com/chicago-...ascals_300901/
    NYsister I got the tickets and look forward to going this Friday evening. You only live once and word on the street is that the group still has what it takes.

Mickey, I am very glad they are all still around too. I'll post a review soon after the show. My wife and I are going to roll like New Yorkers [[dinner and a show).

Have fun Mr. June, I know you will, The Young Rascals always put on a great show!!

I use to take a bus the N.Y. Port Authority-N.J. line back in 1965 on occasion, and Eddie Brigati's father was the bus driver, he always talked about Eddie & the group being on Bandstand, etc...he was very proud of his son's accomplishments. It was fun hearing the stories his Dad told.

S.S.

I saw the Rascals' show a few months ago, and really enjoyed myself. I am only a casual fan, so it was rather interesting to hear their story.

Saw the show and was glad that there was a good crowd in attendance. The history of the group presented on that big screen and told by mainly the group members was interesting. I didn't know that they insisted that a black group or artist be on the bill with them in concerts and that they were very sensitive about discrimination. One member told of seeing his mother discriminated against. For all the members to be in accord on such an issue in word and deed was/is very admirable to say the least. My wife liked the show as well but commented on the length of the show. I took off work that day but she didn't so I think she was a became a bit weary after a while.

Eddie stood out by dancing around with his tambourine[[s) the entire show and you couldn't take your eye off of him. I found myself saying throughout the show that I'm so glad that the original group is still together and able to perform. Felix's voice still has it but Eddie's voice has lost a few octaves. Musically, they lost nothing and sounded good. I wish Gene's guitar had been mixed a little higher especially for the licks at the very end of "People Got To Be Free." If they come to your town, don't miss them.

HOW did I miss this thread? I saw four shows! I went to all three at the Capitol Theatre and since I'm pursuing my doctorate at Delaware State University, I went up a day early when they were in Philly since Philly isn't that far from Del State. Soul Sister, I remember Eddie told me once that his dad was a bus driver. I can't imagine riding the bus with him as the driver. How awesome! I wish I could have heard some of those stories. All of the shows were great. They and the 5th Dimension are my favorite singing groups. I too am so grateful that all four of them are still with us. I hope they can work through their differences and perform together again at some point.

Eddie got standing ovations at all four shows for "How Can I Be Sure". I love the fact that he still dances around with his tambourine[[s) and percussion during the whole show just like back in the day!

I don't think they have been inducted to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame yet. That needs to be fixed. Rock history looks odd without them being recognized for "Good Lovin'", "Groovin'" and "People Got to Be Free". Those are rock and soul anthems right there!

Forget this comment, they got in around '97. My bad y'all.
    Last edited by midnightman; 01-27-2016 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    I don't think they have been inducted to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame yet. That needs to be fixed. Rock history looks odd without them being recognized for "Good Lovin'", "Groovin'" and "People Got to Be Free". Those are rock and soul anthems right there!
    They were inducted quite a while back. I vaguely recall seeing it on VH1. I think it was probably one of the first years that the ceremony was televised.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    They were inducted quite a while back. I vaguely recall seeing it on VH1. I think it was probably one of the first years that the ceremony was televised.
    Oh for real? I have to look it up lol

EDIT: Yeah they got in around 1997 [[same year J5 got in).

Thanks, Reese!

I wonder how they worked out their estrangement which went on for decades. Maybe they could give a course to some other groups!!

I wish they'd come out this way. I'd love to see them! They are one of my favorite bands!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I wonder how they worked out their estrangement which went on for decades. Maybe they could give a course to some other groups!!
    Ego overrides common sense.