[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Aside from the lawsuits, Mary and Scherrie have always been very fond of each other. There have been pictures of them together within the past couple of years. I know there are a few photos of Mary, Cindy & Scherrie together and just recently Scherrie went to support Mary's Upclose Show.

Yes but there was tension which has more recently been more dealth with. They were not fond of each other after RTL-it has taken time to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Yes anything is possible as I've always said--and one particular "Supreme" not involved. Word is Mary and Scherrie have made some peace.
    Luke
    That's true, Mary & Scherrie have made peace. I'm a witness. Scherrie has attended 2 of Mary's LA California concerts and both times they hugged and spoke backstage. Not what I heard, but what I saw with my own eyes.

Why would Mary have been upset with Scherrie and Lynda for touring with Diana? She had no reason to be. Most of the resentment was probally because of the lawsuites.

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    Why would Mary have been upset with Scherrie and Lynda for touring with Diana? She had no reason to be. Most of the resentment was probally because of the lawsuites.

Are you serious?

I would think Mary was more upset with Scherrie and Lynda over the whole FLOS/ lawsuit thing. With RTL she was upset with Diana. But lets not hijack this thread with the negativity of that. This is about the new release.

Honestly, off the record Scherrie is just that type of "LADY" as well as Cindy, not a bitter bone in their bodies at least not one shown in public. Truly represent the word Supreme !!!

I agree Skooldem1,this post is about the album, THE SUPREMES LET YOURSELF GO THE FINAL SESSION 1974-1977.
    Please stay positive

Since the tracklist has already been released, which tracks are you most excited to hear?

I cannot wait to hear Susaye's lead on "I'm Gonna Let My Heart Doing The Walking," "Seed of Love," "I Can Never Recover," the group lead of "Give Out, But Don't Give Up" as well as the release of the collection.

those you mentioned, but also the original mixes of HIGH ENERGY with Cindy's vocals. And I like the "Color My World Blue" renditions.
    Last edited by chestersong; 04-06-2011 at 08:56 PM.

Susaye's leads and the alternate version of Colour My World Blue!!! Also, Seed of Love and I Can Never Recover. It will also be cool to have remastered versions of Mr. Boogieman, It's In His Kiss and Dance Fever.

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post

I cannot wait to hear Susaye's lead on "I'm Gonna Let My Heart Doing The Walking," "Seed of Love," "I Can Never Recover," the group lead of "Give Out, But Don't Give Up" as well as the release of the collection.
    Do we know that Susaye is the lead on "Seed of Love" and "I Can Never Recover?"

I meant I was excited to hear Susaye's lead on "I'm Gonna Let My Heart Do The Walking." "Seed of Love" and "I Can Never Recover" were recorded before Susaye joined the group.

Marv-De Nile isnt just a river in Egypt!

Is this "Where Do I Go From Here" clip from Youtube the same "single mix" that is mentioned on the new track-list?
    i have this old record but haven't spun it in so long. hard to find now as it was a promo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFZyUlxStJU

and is the alternate "Color My World Blue" the one where Mary has a spoken part in the middle?

OH! Beutiful artwork...Well worth the wait...Paulo xxxx

I like the artwork of the box, but the logo silhouette of the "butterfly" girls looks more like a logo for a woman's medical clinic. I would have preferred this below:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by marxthespot_; 04-08-2011 at 03:06 AM.

that is what i was trying to say in an earlier post. Your picture is much better and more colorful. that other image is just to problematic and is getting many snickers on the web. mother would not approve and daddy would want to see what's inside the book. will have to hide the cover from the kids!

I am very happy about this release. Now I will have all my 70's Supremes albums together. Looking forward to the original mix of the "High Energy" album. Many of my all time favorite 70's Supremes songs are "You're What's Missing In My Life", "Sweet Dream Machine" and "Love I Never Knew You Could Feel So Good". When I lived in Dayton Ohio during my university years "Love I Never Knew You Could Feel So Good" was used as the closing theme for a local TV evening magazine program. Each night I would turn on the TV just to hear that song. When I moved to San Francisco, the clubs would play that song to death! Thank you to all of the folks who help make this a reality. I can live with the artwork. I really want the music.

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    I would think Mary was more upset with Scherrie and Lynda over the whole FLOS/ lawsuit thing. With RTL she was upset with Diana. But lets not hijack this thread with the negativity of that. This is about the new release.
    Ok, ok we won't go there right now, but ......oh forget it! LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Marv-De Nile isnt just a river in Egypt!
    Don't I know it!

Quote Originally Posted by marxthespot_ View Post
    I like the artwork of the box, but the logo silhouette of the "butterfly" girls looks more like a logo for a woman's medical charity. I would have preferrd this below:
    Now that's the sheet! Who ever did that [[artwork) gets an "A"!

After this, if we can get Funny Girl on CD we should just about have everything.

I was ambivalent about a lot of the mid 70s material because it was just too disco. I'd have to say though that the High Energy lp was impressive and has held up well. Mary, Scherrie and Susaye has some great moments [[Sweet Dream Machine, We Should Be Closer Together). But I felt the first lp with Scherrie just had too many divergent songs, as though they were trying to find a sound [[which they were). Color My World Blue is a standout and if the ladies had stuck with dePasse's pick of It's All Been Said Before as the first release, things might have been different. I reiterate...MIGHT have been

Oh, and I'm also glad Mr. Boogie Man is coming out, Mary gets funky and Scherrie and Cindy recreate those Stoned Love "woo's" I love so much. Plant the Seed of Love is another good one, very 70s

marxthespot, nice job!

The butterfly logo has never been a favorite of mine. I was surprised to see it being used for this collection. I don't recall it ever being used by Motown. I just assumed the High Energy graphic would be used, it seemed like the logical and perfect choice.

I think the High Energy graphic is a better fit for the title "Let Yourself Go" than is the rigid appearing butterfly logo.

However, the High Energy graphic might be too colorful or cartoonish for the overall concept. Maybe if the High Energy graphic was a two-tone purple or gray it would best match the minimalist concept used in Volume 1 which is sepia, brown and beige.

Well, at least it isn't a dandelion!

I can see why they don't tell us too much in advance - too many opinions!!!! And we certainly don't need any more delays.

Thumbs up

Love the High Energy logo above much better.

As I recall, the Supremes logo was used on Mary Wilson's stationery, and Randy incorporated it with his fan club.

I have to agree,i like the High Energy logo,for the cover better,but like Blkfrost said,just give me the music.no matter what the cover is.
    Please stay positive

Quote Originally Posted by chestersong View Post
    that is what i was trying to say in an earlier post. Your picture is much better and more colorful. that other image is just to problematic and is getting many snickers on the web. mother would not approve and daddy would want to see what's inside the book. will have to hide the cover from the kids!
    I wasn't sure what you guys meant, so I stared at that artwork for a long time and finally figured out what you guys are talking about! LOL!! You guys are crazy!

The butterfly logo is ok, but it is a bit gynecological. It might have been done for budget concerns or to please the artist who designed the image. i doubt the artist looked at it in "that" way. the image also reminds me of that story Mary told where the three of them got on-stage in a single dress thinking it would be funny to the audience and Mary said the crowd didn't seem to "get it" and the girls got a cold reception. Even the High Energy color pic kinda has a "Charlie's Angels" effect. if they were holding guns.
    now everyone is forever gonna see this cover as the vagina monologues set.
    Last edited by chestersong; 04-07-2011 at 10:05 PM.

The butterfly logo is ok, but it is a bit gynecological. It might have been done for budget concerns or to please the artist who designed the image. i doubt the artist looked at it in "that" way. the image also reminds me of that story Mary told where the three of them got on-stage in a single dress thinking it would be funny to the audience and Mary said the crowd didn't seem to "get it" and the girls got a cold reception. Even the High Energy color pic kinda has a "Charlie's Angels" effect. if they were holding guns.
    now everyone is forever gonna see this cover as the vagina monologues set.

Mary starred in the "Vagina Monolgues" a few years back at the Fox in Detroit.

i don't think that helps

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Now that's the sheet! Who ever did that [[artwork) gets an "A"!
    A little Photoshop and I'll take the "A" - thanks!

A little Photoshop and I'll take the "A" - thanks!
    marxthespot, you are bad dude!

The image also reminds me of that story Mary told where the three of them got on-stage in a single dress thinking it would be funny to the audience and Mary said the crowd didn't seem to "get it" and the girls got a cold reception.

The "one dress, three singers" thing was done in the original Broadway production of Hair. Clearly a tribute to/satire of The Supremes. I was really disappointed that the recent revival dropped that!

Here is a photo from the original production. At the end of the song, "White Boys," they stepped apart revealing that they all were in a single dress!

Name:  white boys hair.jpg
Views: 3358
Size:  42.9 KB

Emmeretta Marks, Melba Moore, and Lorri Davis
    Last edited by ExGuyParis; 04-09-2011 at 02:32 AM.

I've worked with the "Hair Folly" gown as it was called in Mary's inventory. It was only worn once during a performance in Las Vegas. Instead of it being like the own used in the musical Hair, the gown the Supremes wore slipped over their heads. It seemed very difficult to work with and probably why it wasn't used again as they couldn't get out of it before the next song began.

There was NEVER any animosity toward Mary from Scherrie Payne. It's just not in Scherrie's genes to be a hater. She has always given Mary her props for keeping the Supremes going during turbulent times in the 70s, and she has always thanked Mary publically and privately for making her a Supreme.

thank you, Brad. we shall just call this FINAL SESSIONS image the "Hair Folly Insignia".

Thanks to Dan for the heads up! The Final Sessions is now available for pre-order from Amazon.com and Amazon.ca!

i saw that; got mine ordered. whew! 63 bucks!

Dont want this to get tangential so briefly-after RTL and due to some things that were said there was tension. As I said some peace has been restored. No one said anyone was hating. Just read comments by Scherrie as recently as 2010 with Sharon Davis.

maybe someday rtl will be officially put out on disc for the real "final sessions".

The set is now available for pre-order on Amazon.com for $62.56, which indicates a modest discount below the list price of $66.99. Of course, the nice thing about Amazon is no shipping and no sales tax [[which many of our lawmakers in Congress are in a fight with Amazon about and trying to change). It also shows the release date to be May 17.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I like the artwork of the box, but the logo silhouette of the "butterfly" girls looks more like a logo for a woman's medical clinic. I would have preferred this below:
    That's Sheila, Valerie and Helen isn't it?

Thanks Jack! Amazon UK has the best price so far. With shipping included, it's less than $50. Can't beat that. Very reasonable.

You can preorder now for 55.39 plus free shipping at amazon.com.

Here is the HipoSelect.com link with the full description, etc. Ignore the "SOLD OUT" notice; it will re-set shortly.

http://www.hip-oselect.com/scr.publi...3-0AD19CA4F0B5

Totally made my day :-) I am so freakin excited.....Like a little girl getting a pony.....LOL

ME, TOO!!
    so can we order today?
    WOW Hip-O getting it to us "early". i guess pigs do fly!