[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Thank you for sharing, Harry. So many of us are looking forward to this set!!!! When both Scherrie and Susaye recently commented about the quality of the design, I KNEW it would be terrific. Additionally, I am so pleased that it "matches" Volume One [[book format) and that for economic reasons it wasn't scaled down.

Of course, the MUSIC is the important part! I anticipate that being wonderful, too.

Thank you for sharing, Harry. So many of us are looking forward to this set!!!! When both Scherrie and Susaye recently commented about the quality of the design, I KNEW it would be terrific. Additionally, I am so pleased that it "matches" Volume One [[book format) and that for economic reasons it wasn't scaled down.

Of course, the MUSIC is the important part! I anticipate that being wonderful, too.

Hope to see a track list soon. How does Hip-O ship these days? Is it still slow service or did that improve?

From what i hear,there's no picture of THE SUPREMES on the cover,that's no big deal,i'll be happy to have,THE SUPREMES THE FINAL SESSION LET YOURSELF GO-1974-1977 set,in my hands.[[smile)
    Please stay positive

I love the artwork. Tasteful and simple.
    Can't wait to take a sneak preview of the book[[let) that comes with the cd's...

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! Such a tease though Harry....I see there are two tracks visible but of course we knew those 2 tracks would be included...LOL

I am very excited --and CURIOUS -- to see the track listing for the three CDs in this set. We all know that the three studio albums are relatively short. If I recall, the total time of all three albums is only about 80 minutes, i.e., equal to one disc in time.

So, that being said, IF they put The Supremes 1975 and High Energy on Disc 1 and Mary, Scherrie and Susaye on the first half of Disc 2, there remains one and a half CDs of time left.

Anyway, as fans, we all know about unreleased tracks:

[[1) Some new tracks were released on The 70s Supremes Anthology and the boxed set [[along with some alternate versions of album tracks).

[[2) A few others have floated around for years [[like Mr. Boogieman, All I Want, The Shoop Shoop Song).

So maybe "unreleased tracks" could fill the second half of Disc 2, leaving a full CD's worth a time left. Unless they include a live show, that leaves space for many, many alternate versions, i.e., the time equal to a full disc 70+ minutes.

Naturally, the tracks that I have listed above could be organized in a different order, but the "available time" issue would be the same, i.e., TONS of time for something other than the three albums and unreleased tracks.

Ideas, anyone?
    Last edited by longtimefan; 04-01-2011 at 11:10 PM.

Hi All

I've read your posts and comments for several years. A couple of months ago I took the plunge and registered and today , have made my first post.

The artwork looks fantastic but look what I may have uncovered

http://www.mtv.com/music/artist/supr...lbumId=2690439

I am proud to be a part of this forum and also be in all of your company

Thank you BERRY101,for sharing this info,on THE SUPREMES MARY,CINDY,SCHERRIE,and SUSAYE.
    Please stay positive

Quote Originally Posted by berry101 View Post
    Hi All

I've read your posts and comments for several years. A couple of months ago I took the plunge and registered and today , have made my first post.

The artwork looks fantastic but look what I may have uncovered

http://www.mtv.com/music/artist/supr...lbumId=2690439

I am proud to be a part of this forum and also be in all of your company
    Very good find and an impressive first post!

Regarding the track listing, would have been great if there were more unreleased recordings that were first coming out on the set, and not just alternate versions, but naturally this edition of the Supremes likely saw a lot less studio time than the earlier incarnations. It still looks like a fabulous release and I can't wait to get it!

Thanks for your discovery!

Looks nice. I wished to have seen more titles I was unaware of. No Miss Cindy led tracks? Guess we shall find out. Maybe this find was a tentative, leaked list?

looking at the list provided once again, i only see one song that I don't recognize the title and have yet to hear some version of and that is "I shall never recover".
    "seed of love" I have heard very rough recordings of but never the full song. Did another Motown group record these songs; like the Tops or Originals?
    Any price yet?

I like the the track list and thank you Berry01. The only thing I might have included would have been a few live selections from their concerts to spice things up even more.

Can someone re-post the tracklisting? The link isn't working for me.

stopinthenameoflove Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Can someone re-post the tracklisting? The link isn't working for me.
    here you go Carlo

01. He's My Man
    02. Early Morning Love
    03. Where is It I Belong
    04. It's All Been Said Before
    05. This is Why I Believe In You
    06. You Can't Stop a Girl In Love
    07. Color My World Blue
    08. Give Out, But Don't Give Up
    09. Where Do I Go From Here
    10. You Turn Me Around
    11. The Shoop Shoop Song [[It's In His Kiss)
    12. The Sha-La Bandit [Version]
    13. Color My World Blue [Version]
    14. Mr. Boogie
    15. Dance Fever
    16. Seed of Love
    17. Give Out, But Don't Give Up [Version]
    18. You Can't Stop a Girl In Love [Version]
    19. Bend a Little [Version]
    20. I Can Never Recover
    21. Can We Love Again
    22. Where Do I Go From Here
    23. The Sha-La Bandit [Version]
    24. He's My Man [Version]
    25. High Energy
    26. I'm Gonna Let My Heart Do the Walking
    27. Only You [[Can Love Me Like You Love Me)
    28. You Keep Me Moving On
    29. Don't Let My Teardrops Bother You
    30. Till the Boat Sails Away
    31. I Don't Want To Lose You
    32. You're What's Missing In My Life
    33. High Energy [Original Terrana Mix]
    34. I'm Gonna Let My Heart Do the Walking [Original Terrana Mix]
    35. Only You [[Can Love Me Like You Love Me) [Original Terrana Mix]
    36. You Keep Me Moving On [Original Terrana Mix]
    37. Don't Let My Teardrops Bother You [Original Terrana Mix]
    38. Till the Boat Sails Away [Original Terrana Mix]
    39. I Don't Want To Lose You [Original Terrana Mix]
    40. You're What's Missing In My Life [Original Terrana Mix]
    41. There's Room At the Top [Version]
    42. You're What's Missing In My Life [Mary Wilson Lead Version] [Version]
    43. I'm Gonna Let My Heart Do the Walking [Susaye Greene Lead Version]
    44. You're My Driving Wheel
    45. Sweet Dream Machine
    46. Let Yourself Go
    47. Come In To My Life
    48. We Should Be Closer Together
    49. I Don't Want To Be Tied Down
    50. You Are the Heart of Me
    51. Love I Never Knew You Could Feel So Good
    52. Give Out, But Don't Give Up [Mary Wilson Lead Version] [Version]
    53. High Energy [Version]
    54. I'm Gonna Let My Heart Do the Walking [Version]
    55. Only You [[Can Love Me Like You Love Me) [Version]
    56. You're What's Missing In My Life [Scherrie Payne Lead Version] [Version
    57. You're My Driving Wheel [Version]
    58. Sweet Dream Machine [Version]
    59. Love I Never Knew You Could Feel So Good [Version]

Thank you stopinthenameoflove! Much appreciated. I think I wasn't able to view the tracklisting because certain content on the MTV website is blocked in other non-U.S. countries.

This looks promising. Looking forward to hearing the original Terrana mixes and the unreleased Susaye Greene leads. I wonder if the Terrana mix of "Till the Boat Sails Away" is the Cindy Birdsong version?? I was hoping it would have been included. Then again, no one seems to have been totally sure if the Cindy version was a demo recorded before or after she left the group. If it was recorded after she left [[ie. in the 80's in preparation for her solo career), then I guess it would make sense not to include it on this set. If that's the case, maybe Motown/UMG doesn't even own the master tape for Cindy's lead.

I was also expecting more "original" unreleased tracks as well. It is what it is. Like someone else mentioned, there probably isn't a whole lot of unreleased tracks from this period. I'll take what I'm given. Regardless, still looking forward to having this on CD. The packaging looks beautiful. Can't wait!

Maybe the original Terrana mixes are the versions that were recorded before Susaye did her overdubs?? That sounds interesting.
    Last edited by carlo; 04-02-2011 at 06:27 PM.

stopinthenameoflove, thanks for posting the track listing. I, also, couldn't view the track listing for this CD, although I could see it for all the others on the MTV site. I am in the US so I don't know what the issue was. Looking forward to this release. Thanks, again.

AND to have TWO remastered versions of "Color My World Blue"!!!!! I think I just wet my pants!!!!!!!

I've been in a big 70's Supremes mood lately. I think I will have Disc 2 of the 70's Anthology on repeat for the next two months until this set is in my hands!!

I also thought MSC had recorded their own version of "All I Want"??? They performed it on Sonny & Cher. Didn't they lip-sync to a studio track?

Mmm, 59 tracks but only 34 songs!

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    Mmm, 59 tracks but only 34 songs!
    I thought the same thing and if the TRACK listing is correct, only 4 TO 8 PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED tracks not on CD before, JUST VARIATIONS OF SOME SONGS.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 04-02-2011 at 07:30 PM.

definitely cant wait to hear susaye on lead for "im gonna let my heart do the walking"

Of course I will wait for confirmation of the above but Im a bit disappointed-Cindy leads,outtakes...? Not enough interesting stuff for me-really depends on the price. I have 75% of the stuff and money tight. This pales next to stuff I read about others big release eg Smile by the Beach Boys etc. I still am very happy they are putting it out though.

The Terrana mixes could very well be just the voices of cindy and mary and scherrie. That would be great.
    "all i want" is a recording done for the tv show by other producers; not motown. just like the jean ones from tv shows that sound like they have Lawrence Welk singers for the background. flip wilson show was famous for this.

Cindy Birdsong recorded,Till the boat sails away, after she was no longer with THE SUPREMES,I also heard that Scherrie had did the lead on High Energy,before Susaye join THE SUPREMES,now i would love to hear that,but again, i'll take what i can get.[[smile)
    Please stay positive

Thank you stopinthenameoflove! Much appreciated. I think I wasn't able to view the tracklisting because certain content on the MTV website is blocked in other non-U.S. countries.

This looks promising. Looking forward to hearing the original Terrana mixes and the unreleased Susaye Greene leads. I wonder if the Terrana mix of "Till the Boat Sails Away" is the Cindy Birdsong version?? I was hoping it would have been included. Then again, no one seems to have been totally sure if the Cindy version was a demo recorded before or after she left the group. If it was recorded after she left [[ie. in the 80's in preparation for her solo career), then I guess it would make sense not to include it on this set. If that's the case, maybe Motown/UMG doesn't even own the master tape for Cindy's lead.

I was also expecting more "original" unreleased tracks as well. It is what it is. Like someone else mentioned, there probably isn't a whole lot of unreleased tracks from this period. I'll take what I'm given. Regardless, still looking forward to having this on CD. The packaging looks beautiful. Can't wait!

Maybe the original Terrana mixes are the versions that were recorded before Susaye did her overdubs?? That sounds interesting.
    From what I've heard... this is pretty much all there is. I don't think there is any more unreleased songs.

Then whats the point?? The booklet?

Hello everyone,

I must say, I was surprised to see the track list up this morning. The "official" announcement has not yet come, nor has the "official" release date. That said, since the track list has been posted, I thought now would be a good time to clarify what is and isn't on the collection. I'd like to add that we are all very excited about this set, and all that is included inside. It was a collaborative effort, with generous involvement from each of the Supremes, as well as many of those behind the scenes from the era. We are all so very proud of the finished product.

First, the track list:

Disc 1

The Supremes
    1. He’s My Man
    2. Early Morning Love
    3. Where Is It I Belong
    4. It’s All Been Said Before
    5. This Is Why I Believe In You
    6. You Can’t Stop A Girl In Love
    7. Color My World Blue
    8. Give Out, But Don’t Give Up
    9. Where Do I Go From Here
    10. You Turn Me Around

The Supremes Sessions and more
    11. The Shoop Shoop Song [[It’s In His Kiss)
    12. The Sha-La Bandit Alternate Version 3
    13. Color My World Blue Alternate Version
    14. Mr. Boogie
    15. Dance Fever
    16. Seed Of Love
    17. Give Out, But Don’t Give Up Group Lead Version
    18. You Can’t Stop A Girl In Love Early Version
    19. Bend A Little Extended Version
    20. I Can Never Recover
    21. Can We Love Again
    22. Where Do I Go From Here Single Remix
    23. The Sha-La Bandit Alternate Version 1
    24. He's My Man Extended Version

Tracks 11-20 previously unreleased

Disc 2

High Energy
    1-8: Released LP Mix; 9-16: Russ Terrana Mix
    1/9. High Energy
    2/10. I’m Gonna Let My Heart Do The Walking
    3/11. Only You [[Can Love Me Like You Love Me)
    4/12. You Keep Me Moving On
    5/13. Don’t Let My Teardrops Bother You
    6/14. Till The Boat Sails Away
    7/15. I Don’t Want To Lose You
    8/16. You’re What’s Missing In My Life

The High Energy Sessions:
    17. There’s Room At The Top Alternate Version
    18. You’re What’s Missing In My Life Mary Wilson Lead Version
    19. I’m Gonna Let My Heart Do The Walking Susaye Greene Lead Version

Tracks 11, 12 and 14-19 previously unreleased

Disc 3

Mary, Scherrie & Susaye
    1. You’re My Driving Wheel
    2. Sweet Dream Machine
    3. Let Yourself Go
    4. Come Into My Life
    5. We Should Be Closer Together
    6. I Don’t Want To Be Tied Down
    7. You Are The Heart Of Me
    8. Love I Never Knew You Could Feel So Good

Additional Supreme Alternates:
    9. Give Out, But Don’t Give Up Mary Wilson Lead Version
    10. High Energy Alternate Version
    11. I’m Gonna Let My Heart Do The Walking Alternate Version
    12. Only You [[Can Love Me Like You Love Me) Alternate Version
    13. You’re What’s Missing In My Life Scherrie Payne Lead Version
    14. You’re My Driving Wheel Alternate Version
    15. Sweet Dream Machine Alternate Version
    16. Love I Never Knew You Could Feel So Good Alternate Version

Tracks 9-16 previously unreleased

Prior to the release of the track list, we knew there would be a few questions fans would ask, and sure enough in the 12+ hours since the word got out, they've already started asking, so I'd like to address two of them here:

1. Where are the Cindy Birdsong leads? Cindy did not record any leads during this era. There are demos she recorded after leaving the group, using tracks from High Energy, but they were not recorded during her time with the group. Although bootlegs exist, they were not intended for release. They are also not in the Motown vault.

2. Why no Drury Lane show? The show is neither in the Motown vault, nor was it available to us for this collection.

Many other questions are answered inside the booklet. And it is beautiful. Stunning. We feel very confident about this collection and look forward to the fans receiving it, and enjoying it for years to come. The Supremes were the #1 female act of all time, and it is truly an honor to release these three final albums on CD for the first time, along with some AMAZING bonus tracks. I personally can't wait for you to hear them! I am so incredibly excited, I don't think I can express it in words!!!

I've been discussing going on Midnight Johnny's show in a week or two. We'll let you know when we've nailed down the date. I'll try to give some insight into the package, and maybe we can give you a few previews.

Lastly, I'd like to thank George Solomon and Harry Weinger here, as they both also post to SDF, and each worked tirelessly to make this package as special as it is. We don't do it alone, and the last page in the booklet gives special thanks to the many people who worked very hard on this package, we also give thanks to each and every one of them, and to all of you who pushed so hard to keep this project alive during the many delays.

And, don't forget, it's the Supremes 50th Anniversary this year, there is more to come.

Andy Skurow
    Last edited by Motown Andy; 04-02-2011 at 10:45 PM.

Andy you said 11, 12 and 14-19 previously unreleased. Does this mean we wont get most of the High Energy album in original mix?

Disc 2

High Energy
    1-8: Released LP Mix; 9-16: Russ Terrana Mix
    1/9. High Energy
    2/10. I’m Gonna Let My Heart Do The Walking
    3/11. Only You [[Can Love Me Like You Love Me)
    4/12. You Keep Me Moving On
    5/13. Don’t Let My Teardrops Bother You
    6/14. Till The Boat Sails Away
    7/15. I Don’t Want To Lose You
    8/16. You’re What’s Missing In My Life

The High Energy Sessions:
    17. There’s Room At The Top Alternate Version
    18. You’re What’s Missing In My Life Mary Wilson Lead Version
    19. I’m Gonna Let My Heart Do The Walking Susaye Greene Lead Version

Tracks 11, 12 and 14-19 previously unreleased

Aaron, as I understand it: the High Energy album in original mix are the tracks no. 1-8.

I'm definately getting this....this is the one i've been waiting for. I think the cover looks lovely, the font is especially nice. That picture of Mary, Scherrie and Cindy at what looks like the Grand Canyon is just about worth the price of admission alone! Of course, the one I'm REALLY waiting for was Mary's lead on "Give Out, But don't Give Up". It will be interesting to see if this will sound more like the bootleg version wev'e heard, or if the horns are added to it [[Personally, I like it better without the horns). Glad to finally have confirmation on the Cindy leads. I've heard both ways, but more people than not have told me that these are just demos she recorded when she worked in Suzanne Depasse's office in the early 80's. And I never expected any Drury Lane stuff.... being a BBC radio property. And we have good quality copies of that floating aruond anyway... we don't need precious release space taken up with stuff like that. the only thing I am wondering about is High Energy [[the song)... I had heard there is a Scherrie lead on it, and surely I thought there would be, considering the album was completed before Susaye hit the group. I have a sneaking suspicion that the original "Terrana Mixes" are the original album before Susaye's overdubs, containing only Mary, Scherrie, and Cindy. If so, that would be a DELIGHT! Russ told me once in an email that overdubs were done by someone else... and he never even worked with Susaye, so I'll bet that's what these are.

The Drury Lane concert was recorded for Capital Radio and not the BBC. I guess it's a little harder to license under those circumstances.

To Andy Skurow, George Solomon and Harry Weinger thanks for your undying efforts and for making this happen. Without you this product would have probably never seen the light of day. Sometimes I think "we" the fans forget how much work is put forth to bring us these recordings especially since there may not be a BIG overwhelming market for them. At any rate perhaps there should also be a SUPREME award to you for always keeping us smiling. Thanks a million !!!! And as always I know this was a gift of love from you to us.

Thanks Andy-did Mary and Cindy also go into Universal to give input?

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    The Drury Lane concert was recorded for Capital Radio and not the BBC. I guess it's a little harder to license under those circumstances.
    It was??? WOW John, that's new to my ears.... I always heard that it wasn't even RECORDED..... that it was a simulcast on BBC radio.

My bad....I understand the track list now :-)

jillfoster

I have the concert programme showing that it was promoted by Capital Radio . Now if I was technically clever, I would post it here but I aint! The point I wanted to bring up was that since Capital Radio's broadcasting area was London and the surrounding areas, I was having to record it onto a cassette for folks outside the area. Originally when it was broadcasted, there were only excerpts from the show, then there was a second time when Cindy was promoting "Dancing Room" and different excerpts were included. I don't remember recording later broadcasts so I am not sure I actually have the full show. It might have been offered for sale by the Carl Feubacher Fan Club and that reminds me, many of those alternate versions from High Energy were available to members from that club....although only on cassette. I kept all those newsletters, being the hoarder that I am [[LOL), I should check back.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Andy View Post
    Where are the Cindy Birdsong leads? Cindy did not record any leads during this era. There are demos she recorded after leaving the group, using tracks from High Energy, but they were not recorded during her time with the group. Although bootlegs exist, they were not intended for release. They are also not in the Motown vault.
    Thank you for confirming this, Andy. This is what I figured.

I'm wondering if you guys ever came across a version of "All I Want" by MSC in the vaults?? Just curious.

May can't come soon enough!!! TWO VERSIONS OF COLOR MY WORLD BLUE!!!

I also don't understand how the tracklisting and cover art leaked out before the official announcement? I found the cover art on another music forum and then the tracklisting surfaced on MTV.com. I guess everybody is just too excited to keep it secret! [[smiles)

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post

I have the concert programme showing that it was promoted by Capital Radio . Now if I was technically clever, I would post it here but I aint! The point I wanted to bring up was that since Capital Radio's broadcasting area was London and the surrounding areas, I was having to record it onto a cassette for folks outside the area. Originally when it was broadcasted, there were only excerpts from the show, then there was a second time when Cindy was promoting "Dancing Room" and different excerpts were included. I don't remember recording later broadcasts so I am not sure I actually have the full show. It might have been offered for sale by the Carl Feubacher Fan Club and that reminds me, many of those alternate versions from High Energy were available to members from that club....although only on cassette. I kept all those newsletters, being the hoarder that I am [[LOL), I should check back.
    that fan club is where I received my "plant the seed of love" version; and yes, the HIGH ENERGY outtakes and alternates.
    Good memory! I had forgotten. "early morning love" appeared on the FREE SOUL-MEMORY compilation CD.

And, don't forget, it's the Supremes 50th Anniversary this year, there is more to come.

Andy Skurow

I wonder what this wiil be!

Where have I seen the 'Butterfly' Supremes design before? is it new for this set or was it on another 70's Supremes release

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    To Andy Skurow, George Solomon and Harry Weinger thanks for your undying efforts and for making this happen. Without you this product would have probably never seen the light of day. Sometimes I think "we" the fans forget how much work is put forth to bring us these recordings especially since there may not be a BIG overwhelming market for them. At any rate perhaps there should also be a SUPREME award to you for always keeping us smiling. Thanks a million !!!! And as always I know this was a gift of love from you to us.
    YES!! Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by dickiemint View Post
    Where have I seen the 'Butterfly' Supremes design before? is it new for this set or was it on another 70's Supremes release
    Apparently this design was used for promotional materials for the Jean, Mary, Lynda line-up. Throughout the years, I have seen it used by fan clubs and websites.

Quote Originally Posted by dickiemint View Post
    I blushed some when i saw it being used for this comp. it reminds me of the "Crazy Town" song and the image they used for the CD cover. very risque!

Apparently this design was used for promotional materials for the Jean, Mary, Lynda line-up. Throughout the years, I have seen it used by fan clubs and websites.

Carlo, that design / logo was created by a fan back in 1972 or there abouts.

I'm really happy with this set,THE SUPREMES THE FINAL SESSION LET YOURSELF GO 1974-1977,THE MARY WILSON CINDY BIRDSONG SCHERRIE PAYNE and SUSAYE GREENE YEARS,but i'll would be, even more happy when i have it in my hands,i would love to see these 4 SUPREMES show up together,to promote it,if it's only one time,if they would only do it,for the love of they're FANS,[[like myself)
    no matter what,i'll always LOVE,THE SUPREMES,FROM THE 70s.
    Please stay positive

Redhot
    All 4 just might. I think it was so much going on with the anthology in 2002 because of lawsuits and trademarks as well as the RTL still fresh on the mind of one particular Supreme.

Yes anything is possible as I've always said--and one particular "Supreme" not involved. Word is Mary and Scherrie have made some peace.