[REMOVE ADS]

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
    Ramone Verona Guest
    Can someone here identify the spoken lyrics Mary rocks in the middle of "I Can Never Recover", please?
    Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    Just picked up the set at Amsterdam record/dvd store Fame in their special boxset friday evening sale for the great price of € 24 [[$ 34)
    There were about 10 copies for sale but only one left when I left 30 minutes later!
    I can cancel my Amazon UK order now.
    I'm jealous, Jack. I haven't bought the set [[yet), can't afford it at the moment. I live only 40 kilometers from Amsterdam and didn't know about the Fame boxset friday evening sales. I'll look on their website.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramone Verona View Post
    Can someone here identify the spoken lyrics Mary rocks in the middle of "I Can Never Recover", please?
    Thanks!!
    i keep listening but still can't make out what she is saying. it might just be another supreme secret message about Paul McCartney!

Ramone Verona Guest
    Maybe the British can help.
    It might be proper King's English.
    Isn't today the day Xtown and his cohorts get the Final Sessions released unto them?
    Pip-pip and cheerio?
    Or is it tie me kangaroo down, sport?

Didn't I hear that Scherrie recorded "Want Ads" while she was with the Supremes ? If this is true that would have been an awesome gem.

help with album art work

I just got me set [[2 - just in case). Lots of great music and interesting new facts. I'm really happy with the purchase and salute Harry, Andy, George and of the course the Supremes for getting this to us. Thank you very much.

I really like the album cover howerver, when I downloaded the CDs into my itunes library the artwork doesn't come up. I've tried import artwork and everything but Let Yourself Go, comes up. The set is available in Canada on itunes, so that shouldn't be the problem.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Lorne

#32 Top Rated in Music > Pop > Oldies
    #44 Top Rated in Music > R&B
    #90 Top Rated in MP3 Downloads > MP3 Albums > Pop !!!!! [[#90 in mp3 downloads is a big deal!!! Especially in Pop music ) Go Mary Scherrie Cindy and Susaye!
    I spoke to the darling Cindy Birdsong the other day. She sends love to everyone! Love you guys for supporting this project. I will never recover. ha! Earrings to come.......No Really! I promised earrings; there will be earrings!
    forgot to mention that's at Amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/Let-Yourself-G...t_mus_ep_dpi_1
    Last edited by thelastsupreme; 06-19-2011 at 02:50 PM. Reason: forgot link

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    Didn't I hear that Scherrie recorded "Want Ads" while she was with the Supremes ? If this is true that would have been an awesome gem.
    My understanding is that Scherrie recorded the first "Want ADs" [[unreleased) and that would have been in '69 or '70.

Brenda Holloway wasn't sure which ones but she recorded many of the songs that were released on Honey Cone, Launa Lee and Freda Payne.

The mind boggles at the thought!

Ramone Verona Guest
    O.K. Xtown, it's high time we hear from you on this set!!

I might be hip with the earrings, Susaye, if there was a blog, yet, to go to??
    Calling Andy....
    Last edited by Ramone Verona; 06-20-2011 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thelastsupreme View Post
    #90 Top Rated in MP3 Downloads > MP3 Albums > Pop !!!!! [[#90 in mp3 downloads is a big deal!!! Especially in Pop music ) Go Mary Scherrie Cindy and Susaye!
    I spoke to the darling Cindy Birdsong the other day. She sends love to everyone! Love you guys for supporting this project. I will never recover. ha! Earrings to come.......No Really! I promised earrings; there will be earrings!
    forgot to mention that's at Amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/Let-Yourself-G...t_mus_ep_dpi_1
    So glad that The Final Sessions is doing well on the charts. Also glad that you spoke with Cindy, Susaye. She's been on mind lately and want to wish her the best. Thanks again Dollface [[Susaye) for the updates

During the break of "I Can Never Recover" Mary is saying "Ooh, was it sweet, was it really sweet".

Ramone Verona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by George Solomon View Post
    During the break of "I Can Never Recover" Mary is saying "Ooh, was it sweet, was it really sweet".
    OH, THANKS!!.......Cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool!!

Quote Originally Posted by thelastsupreme View Post
    Yay, especially for the earrings! Some of us can only be so witty and charming!

" Sweet Dream Machine" WOW has anyone really listen to the alternate version of this song ? Very Erotic !! I love it !! This song has always been special to me. Who is the male voice on this song ? It sounds like "L" from HDH but he was not involved in the project so I am guessing one of the Holland brothers.

Scherrie does an outstanding job on "Your What Missing In My Life"~~~another hidden gem. Just beautiful and the girls sound good backing her. It is now for the moment my favorite Final Sessions jam.

Hi Robbert,
    I just send you a PM.