[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    So, show us that you are the dude with the documents, impress us, and we will be impressed...............POST THE DOCUMENTS and skip the Milven directed rhetoric!
    If you only knew how very little respect I have for you, you would be embarassed to think that I would in any way , shape or form want to impress YOU? LOL!!!! You're killin' me here, hehehehehehehe..........

I don't think it is impossible for someone to have these documents. I remember seeing them myself on the net a few years ago.

Court documents are generally available for a fee from the Courthouse where the filing occurred.

Marv just doesn't have them, as we all expected.

smark21 Guest
    Marv, you are just like the most conservative Republicans ~ locked into archaic views and forced into stupid positions by rigid ideas unsupported by facts.

It is fairly clear Scherrie and Lynda have nothing to do with these misleading CDs that were not of very good quality and which did not sell much at all. Let it go and let them go. The real problem is not that Mary Wilson lost some gigs and money and CD sales to the FLOS, the real problem is that she did not have a successful solo career, nor did she even have one hit on her own. Bitching about Scherrie and Lynda and every other potential minute issue doesn't fix it. If Diana Ross has no issue with them singing HER songs, Mary shouldn't either. In the past Mary just had a problem with EVERYTHING; but even she gave it up.

You don't have the Court documents; you never can back up 80% of what you say. All just blustery BS.
    Well those songs aren’t Diana’s either. She didn’t write them [[other than co writing credits on Work That Body and a couple of others) and I doubt she owns the publishing rights. So it’s incorrect to say the Supremes hits are “her songs”.

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ejluther View Post
    What do you think about the fact that the acronym [[FLOS) is obviously playing on the name of arguably the most famous of former Supremes, Florence Ballard? Do you think that's intentional or just a coincidence? Either way, is it amusing or in bad taste? I find it a bit of both but imagine it gets missed by a lot of people anyway. I skimmed the above posts and didn't see this mentioned but may have missed it...
    Shantal Baker, not Florence Ballard, is the most famous former Supreme.

LOL, smark21!

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Well those songs aren’t Diana’s either. She didn’t write them [[other than co writing credits on Work That Body and a couple of others) and I doubt she owns the publishing rights. So it’s incorrect to say the Supremes hits are “her songs”.
    None of those songs are Diana Ross'. He is clearly delusional.......

supremester Guest
    Sorry, Marv, you are incorrect here all over the place. First, Florence didn't "found" the group. Milton Jenkins did. He asked Flo to join the group he was forming and to bring anyone she thought would fit. Second: Flo wasn't "forbidden" to say she was a Supreme - Flo AGREED not to bill herself professionally as a former Supreme. She chose that billing decision for a cash payment. It's sad she had such stupid, greedy people around her, but no one held a gun to her head to agree to those silly terms or to sign with ABC without a clear plan. She was my very own dear, sweet Flo and no one loved her as much as me but she wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. Not sharp enough to see her post Supremes career, not sharp enough to get a real manager, not sharp enough to found a group nor sharp enough, I don't think, to recognize who stood to gain if she left The Supremes. I do not mind the moniker "The Flos" - it seems like kind of a tribute to the great Florence Ballard. I don't know a single person who saw them live that wasn't knocked out by her.
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I think it is sadly ironic and in very poor taste in light of the fact that Florence Ballard founded the group but was forbidden to say that she was a Supreme.

Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    Sorry, Marv, you are incorrect here all over the place. First, Florence didn't "found" the group. Milton Jenkins did. He asked Flo to join the group he was forming and to bring anyone she thought would fit. Second: Flo wasn't "forbidden" to say she was a Supreme - Flo AGREED not to bill herself professionally as a former Supreme. She chose that billing decision for a cash payment. It's sad she had such stupid, greedy people around her, but no one held a gun to her head to agree to those silly terms or to sign with ABC without a clear plan. She was my very own dear, sweet Flo and no one loved her as much as me but she wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. Not sharp enough to see her post Supremes career, not sharp enough to get a real manager, not sharp enough to found a group nor sharp enough, I don't think, to recognize who stood to gain if she left The Supremes. I do not mind the moniker "The Flos" - it seems like kind of a tribute to the great Florence Ballard. I don't know a single person who saw them live that wasn't knocked out by her.
    Nah, you are wrong and I'm going to tell you! Milton Jenkins was hanging around trying to get at Maxine Ballard [[Florence's sister). He heard Florence singing. He told her he had a group of guys that sang and would like to have a girl group as well to manage. He asked Flo if she could put together some girls for him. She agreed. That is how she got the idea that she was the "leader". She told Mary Wilson, who told this new bugged eyed girl from across the street named Diane Ross. Diane's daddy said NO, and wanted to doo-doo all over Diane's hopes of being in a group. In steps Paul Williams at Mary's & Diane's insistance to have a talk with good ole Fred aka "Mr. Ross". Paul was dating this hot chick named Betty.......so naturally he wanted her included in the group that became the Primettes. That's how it happened! Florence started that group as a favor for her sister's boyfriend and because she wanted to sing in a group herself.

Florence was forbidden to call herself or refer to her prior membership in the Supremes singing group by a legal document forced on her at her seperation meeting from Motown Records. It had nothing to do with Flo being stupid, greedy people around her or elves that stole from her stocking. That is all Diana Ross fans bullshit that people like you keep repeating over and over. That will never make it the truth!

Florence was a young woman vs a corporation that had quite a bit of power at the time. They treated her so badly that she just wanted to get away from them........clean!

You are lying about the part about Florence choosing or agreeing to not ever billing herself as a former Supreme for a cash settlement. In fact, she had no say so , or bargaining with Motown over her seperation settlement clauses and restrictions. Michael Roshkind showed up at Northland with the final documents already in hand which was the first time Florence Ballard even heard about Motown's restrictions on her. It broke her heart. Further proof that she did not "agree" to not being able to say she was ever in the Supremes is in the 1971 lawsuit she filed against Berry, Motown and the Supremes. In it, she requested that THEY not be able to use the name! Now those are the facts.

You may now continue bullshitting the uninformed or novice members of this forum now ......... Just know that there is someone here watching that knows the truth and the facts. You, Supremester really should be paying me for all of this free education I am giving you.
    Last edited by marv2; 10-16-2013 at 06:24 PM.

I'm just going to repost what I wrote on 1-12-2013.

01-12-2013, 12:05 PM #5 skooldem1

Dreamgirl pg. 30

She [[Flo) had been approached by a member of a male vocal trio called the Primes and their manager, Milton Jenkins, about forming a "sister" group to perform with his clients. Two other girls had already been recruited.

pg. 32

Up in Milton's room- a bachelor suite he shared with the Primes- I was one of four nervous young girls. There was me; Flo; Paul Williams girlfriend, Betty McGlown, a tall, pretty, dark-skinned girl who seemed a little older; and a fourth girl, about my age, with large, luminous brown eyes- my new friend Diane Ross.

The Primettes were never Flos' group. She was asked to be in it and help fill out the roster- So she invited Mary. As Mary says in her book, 2 other girls had already been chosen.

After reading this again, I have to add what I left out, and what may be the most important evidence.

On pg. 30 of "Dreamgirl"

"She grabbed my arm and asked excitedly. "Mary, do you want to be in a singing group with me AND TWO OTHER GIRLS"

It appears that Mary was the last girl to be invited to this group. Florence and the other girls had already been recruited. Diana may have been the last one to get the permission from her parents/her dad to actually join, but she certainly wasn't the last one to get invited.

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    I'm just going to repost what I wrote on 1-12-2013.

01-12-2013, 12:05 PM #5 skooldem1

Dreamgirl pg. 30

She [[Flo) had been approached by a member of a male vocal trio called the Primes and their manager, Milton Jenkins, about forming a "sister" group to perform with his clients. Two other girls had already been recruited.

Mary Wilson was not there the day Milton Jenkins was over at the Ballards house!

pg. 32

Up in Milton's room- a bachelor suite he shared with the Primes- I was one of four nervous young girls. There was me; Flo; Paul Williams girlfriend, Betty McGlown, a tall, pretty, dark-skinned girl who seemed a little older; and a fourth girl, about my age, with large, luminous brown eyes- my new friend Diane Ross.

Mary is right about this. She describes Diane as her new friend because she was the one that ask Diane to join them in the group to begin with. [

The Primettes were never Flos' group. She was asked to be in it and help fill out the roster- So she invited Mary. As Mary says in her book, 2 other girls had already been chosen.

[I don't know if these are your comments or someone elses. They are certainly not those of Mary Wilson's.

After reading this again, I have to add what I left out, and what may be the most important evidence.

On pg. 30 of "Dreamgirl"

"She grabbed my arm and asked excitedly. "Mary, do you want to be in a singing group with me AND TWO OTHER GIRLS"[/I][I]

This is not true nor accurate!

It appears that Mary was the last girl to be invited to this group. Florence and the other girls had already been recruited. Diana may have been the last one to get the permission from her parents/her dad to actually join, but she certainly wasn't the last one to get invited.

Poor summation. Mary Wilson was NOT the last girl chosen to be in the Primettes. She was second after Florence who recruited her. Right after Flo asked Mary if she was interested, Mary went and asked her mother, Miss Johnnie Mae if she could be in Flo's group, the Primettes. To which Mrs. Wilson responded "What is a Primate?"! LOL!
    My comments to this post follow directly below those posted by Skooldem in each instance where I made clarifications.

[B]
    Last edited by marv2; 10-16-2013 at 07:52 PM.

In the words of Mary Wilson:

"She grabbed my arm and asked excitedly. "Mary, do you want to be in a singing group with me AND TWO OTHER GIRLS"

supremester Guest
    Nah, you are wrong and I'm going to tell you! Milton Jenkins was hanging around trying to get at Maxine Ballard [[Florence's sister). He heard Florence singing. He told her he had a group of guys that sang and would like to have a girl group as well to manage. He asked Flo if she could put together some girls for him. She agreed. That is how she got the idea that she was the "leader". She told Mary Wilson, who told this new bugged eyed girl from across the street named Diane Ross. Mary, in Dreamgirl and interviews has stated Diana Ross was AT the first meeting and that's how they officially met. In either case, had Milton Jenkins not wanted to bone a Ballard, there would have been a group called The Primettes only Mary & Flo may not have been involved. Mary didn't invite nobody. Diane's daddy said NO, and wanted to doo-doo all over Diane's hopes of being in a group. In steps Paul Williams at Mary's & Diane's insistance to have a talk with good ole Fred aka "Mr. Ross". Paul was dating this hot chick named Betty.......so naturally he wanted her included in the group that became the Primettes. That's how it happened! Florence started that group as a favor for her sister's boyfriend and because she wanted to sing in a group herself. The bug eyed girl got them looking sharp, dedicated to rehearsal, the audition and the contract.

Florence was forbidden to call herself or refer to her prior membership in the Supremes singing group by a legal document forced on her at her seperation meeting from Motown Records. It had nothing to do with Flo being stupid, greedy people around her or elves that stole from her stocking. That is all Diana Ross fans bullshit that people like you keep repeating over and over. That will never make it the truth! Dear, Florence hired an attorney. That attorney made a deal with Motown. That deal included money coming to Florence and agreements. One of those agreements was that Flo not bill herself professionally as a former Supreme. She, through her attorney, for a cash payment, agreed. She also agreed to sign away all future royalties. She was not forced by anyone to do this. It was a stupid, short-sighted agreement to get a big payment up front that the attorney could run off with and that's what happened.

Florence was a young woman vs a corporation that had quite a bit of power at the time. They treated her so badly that she just wanted to get away from them........clean!
    It's clear that Flo wanted to get away clean, and that she did. It's not Motown's fault that she "just wanted to get away."
    You are lying about the part about Florence choosing or agreeing to not ever billing herself as a former Supreme for a cash settlement. In fact, she had no say so , or bargaining with Motown over her seperation settlement clauses and restrictions. Michael Roshkind showed up at Northland with the final documents already in hand which was the first time Florence Ballard even heard about Motown's restrictions on her. It broke her heart. Mike Roshkind can show up with anything but it doesn't mean Flo had to agree to it. That document likely was created through negotiating with Flo's legal team. Legal documents never just fall from the sky - this was an AGREEMENT and as such, was AGREED to. Flo HAD power. She could have gone to the press. No one knew what she would do. I'm not lying about anything and I never do. YOU are the one with a Liar's Credentials. Shall I list them lies you've told here, MWOS, Youtube and elsewhere? Let's not call names as I love you very, very much . Further proof that she did not "agree" to not being able to say she was ever in the Supremes is in the 1971 lawsuit she filed against Berry, Motown and the Supremes. In it, she requested that THEY not be able to use the name! That makes no sense at all.........like less than none, but interesting. The fact that Flo sued doesn't make it real and, it was all thrown out anyway. Now those are the facts.

You may now continue bullshitting the uninformed or novice members of this forum now ......... Just know that there is someone here watching that knows the truth and the facts. You, Supremester really should be paying me for all of this free education I am giving you.
    Isn't my undying love enough - you want money, too? How about you come over and I'll cook dinner for just you and me?

She's never repeated THAT version again........anywhere! She has always said that after that Jr. HS. talent show that Flo and she agreed that if anyone were to form a group to remember the other one. In this case it was Florence who was forming a group to be managed by Milton Jenkins. In countless interviews about that event, Mary has ALWAYS stated that after Florence was asked if she knew any girls that sang, her response was " Yeah! My new best friend Mary Wilson!" The order in which each girl came into Florence's group was: 1) Florence Ballard [[who recruited) 2). Mary Wilson [[who recruited) 3). Diane Ross. It has always been unclear as to when Betty McGlown was asked by Paul Williams. I wished that she were living to tell her story. I would even go and ask her cousin Pete, but he has since passed away as well.

Isn't my undying love enough - you want money, too? How about you come over and I'll cook dinner for just you and me?
    Careful Supremester you gonna make Luke real real jealous. hehehehehehehehehehehe

supremester Guest
    Mary was last and everyone knows it. So what? What has that got to do with anything? They all were there from day 1. Had Mary invited Miss Ross, she would certainly have described it in her book. She did not. Do you recall when, in MWOS that you said Mary got her Hollywood Palace because she "put her foot down and demanded it?" Then that morphed into "the assistant director wanted it"??? Then, when a member went to Mary who said it was hogwash, you screamed at them and kicked them out and they emailed members privately? I think this is one of those times where, certainly you feel strongly about something, but the facts are elsewhere.

Not trying to get into a heated debate, but Florence already have the other two girls for the group or was she asking Mary join a group that would consist of herself and two other girls? Just asking because the four member group may have been the number of girls in the group but they may not have been selected when Flo approached Mary. Again, just asking if it is documented or assumed.

Mary was last and everyone knows it. So what? What has that got to do with anything? They all were there from day 1. Had Mary invited Miss Ross, she would certainly have described it in her book. She did not. Do you recall when, in MWOS that you said Mary got her Hollywood Palace because she "put her foot down and demanded it?" Then that morphed into "the assistant director wanted it"??? Then, when a member went to Mary who said it was hogwash, you screamed at them and kicked them out and they emailed members privately? I think this is one of those times where, certainly you feel strongly about something, but the facts are elsewhere.

That's all lies completely [[not to mention way off the subject here.....)

Mary doesn't even remember doing the Hollywood Palace and she doesn't use words like "hogwash"! Trust me........LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by rod_rick View Post
    Not trying to get into a heated debate, but Florence already have the other two girls for the group or was she asking Mary join a group that would consist of herself and two other girls? Just asking because the four member group may have been the number of girls in the group but they may not have been selected when Flo approached Mary. Again, just asking if it is documented or assumed.
    Rod_rick, there were no two other girls when Florence approached Mary about forming a group. That was impossible since we know that Florence had never even met Diane Ross until Mary Wilson introduced her to Ross. The way the group was formed is how I broke it down in my earlier post above. When Flo was first asked by Milton to start a group, the first person she went to was Mary Wilson from school. Milton had not chosen any other girls either at that point which is why he asked Flo to do it one day on her family's front porch!

Dreamgirl pg. 30

pg. 30

pg. 32

Whenever Marv says you are lieing, it tends to mean "you got him", he's screwed again.

I'm going with Skooldem, Rod, Supremester, Roberta and all the sane guys.

Marv, they are freakin quoting she who's skirt you live up! Bend over buddy and take it like a man. It won't hurt.

You're busted. Um, Again.
    Last edited by jobeterob; 10-16-2013 at 10:43 PM.

Whenever Marv says you are lieing, it tends to me "you got him", he's screwed again.

I'm going with Skooldem, Rod, Supremester, Roberta and all the sane guys.

Marv, they are freakin quoting she who's skirt you live up! Bend over buddy and take it like a man. It won't hurt.

You're busted. Um, Again.
    Jobeterob, go on back to sleep! You know so little about ANYTHING, to post so much on this forum it is embarrassing ! LOL!

smark21 Guest
    Changing subjects from the oh-so-fascinating debate over which girl was the last one to join the Primettes—were the individual members of the Supremes that well known in 1967 if it was catastrophic for Flo’s solo career not to bill herself or refer to herself as a Supreme?

Changing subjects from the oh-so-fascinating debate over which girl was the last one to join the Primettes—were the individual members of the Supremes that well known in 1967 if it was catastrophic for Flo’s solo career not to bill herself or refer to herself as a Supreme?
    Smark, YES! The individual members of the Supremes were very well known to the public by 1967. That myth that no one ever realized that it was Cindy Birdsong standing in for Florence at the Hollywood Bowl was way overblown! They had Cindy made up to look like Flo as much as possible [[check out the pics if you ever come across some from that show.)

The Supremes were still red hot in 1967.....probably the most famous American singing group. Using the fact that she was one of the Supremes could do nothing but help Florence's solo career. It would have hurt Motown if too many questions were asked as to why she was no longer with the group however...........

Dreamgirl pg. 30

pg. 30

pg. 32

Skooldem, you should know that you can repeat this a 1000 times, it will not turn it into the truth! LOL!

Those are Mary's words. Was she lying?

They maybe hers or her co-writer's words. Was she lying, of course not. She just was not remembering it right. If you have the time ,research all of the articles and interviews about this subject Mary has done over the years and you will find her saying exactly what I was saying above. Also, if you knew what all was involved in putting together her wonderful book, you would be beyond amazed! I cannot even touch that subject here or elsewhere, hehehehehehehe........!

They maybe hers or her co-writer's words. Was she lying, of course not. She just was not remembering it right. If you have the time ,research all of the articles and interviews about this subject Mary has done over the years and you will find her saying exactly what I was saying above. Also, if you knew what all was involved in putting together her wonderful book, you would be beyond amazed! I cannot even touch that subject here or elsewhere, hehehehehehehe........!
    Busted again Marv. Bend over and take it like a man! Can you do the "hehehehe" while bent over? That's for real real then.

Oh oh oh oh oh. Po old marv getting one heckova shellacking tonight.

Busted again Marv. Bend over and take it like a man! Can you do the "hehehehe" while bent over? That's for real real then.
    Sour grapes huh Jobeterob? Don't be so bitter, you could learn something about Motown. Stick with me kid, I'll try my best to teach you something so you don't have to go around these forums dumb about everything.................

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Oh oh oh oh oh. Po old marv getting one heckova shellacking tonight.
    Jonc, shouldn't you be somewhere around this time thumping your Bible or mocking God or Martha Reeves?

Hey Jobeterob, since you can never bear believing anything I have to say, maybe you will believe your idol, Miss Ross here! LOL! check her out beginning at around the 1:16 mark in this video clip:

Jonc, shouldn't you be somewhere around this time thumping your Bible or mocking God or Martha Reeves?
    i don't mock Martha reeves DetroitLive313 however your homophobic attacks at YouTube and you going around saying that Diane Ross killed Florence Ballard is gonna get you into a mess of trouble.

It was a pounding. He's wanted it for a long time.

In that interview Diana did, she didn't go into specifics. She explained the journey in more detail in her book. You alluded to the specifics she left out in your earlier post. Diana had already been singing as a Primette. In her words, she says that her "only obstacle was Daddy". In her book she says that "two guys from the Primes" came over to speak to her parents. Her mother gave in. Her father didn't give in so easily. I'm sure at that point, she had her "girlfriends" Mary and Flo come and ask if she could be in the group. The thing is she was already in the group. She was just trying to get the OK from her parents. You don't really think that she asked her parents if she could meet up at this mans apartment did you? She was determined to be a singer and had already charted out her course. She did that first. She just needed her parents approval to officially join. I have no doubt that Mary and Flo had to come over and ask her parents. That is how teens do things.
    Last edited by skooldem1; 10-16-2013 at 10:56 PM.

In that interview Diana did, she didn't go into specifics. She explained the journey in more detail in her book. You alluded to the specifics she left out in your earlier post. Diana had already been singing as a Primette. In her words, she says that her "only obstacle was Daddy". In her book she says that "two guys from the Primes" came over to speak to her parents. Her mother gave in. Her father didn't give in so easily. I'm sure at that point, she had her "girlfriends" Mary and Flo come and ask if she could be in the group. The thing is she was already in the group. She was just trying to get the OK from her parents.
    She was in the group because Mary Wilson invited her to join the group! In Diane's book, did she also mention that her daddy tried to get them to replace her with her sister Barbara? Yeah, old man Fred knew his daughters extremely well. He made the comment that "Diane does not have a group mentality........you should take my daughter Barbara instead". I can imagine [[because I don't know, and I have no way of knowing....) that at that moment, Diana Ross must have hated her father's guts! LOL! Knowing how competitive she was and all.................

Hey Jobeterob, since you can never bear believing anything I have to say, maybe you will believe your idol, Miss Ross here! LOL! check her out beginning at around the 1:16 mark in this video clip:

Wow you have either no shame or you lost your mind marv2. you post the above clip of Diane Ross in the actors studio and right in the comments section theres this disgusting comment by you DetroitLives313 on january 1st of this year.

DetroitLives313 9 months ago
    Ain't that a bitch? You big flaming Dianah Ross fan and you are calling me a fag?  Go suck a New Year's dick somewhere you disease faggot! Sitting up here watching this drunk has been bitch....go get laid sissy punk!

· in reply to Charles Hater [[Show the comment)

Granted the other comments are equally reprehensable but hey you lay down with dogs and you end up with fleas.

Have you no self respect sir?

supremester Guest
    Miss Ross was secretly asked first. She sent Milton Jenkins over to Flo's house to help her self esteem while she stated home hunting rats with a bow and arrow. No, none of The Supremes' names were known to the general public at all. Miss Ross was slightly known but it didn't sink in until after the name change. Never were the names Mary Wilson, Florence Ballard or Cindy Birdsong household names. Remember that SFX got the highest name recognition out of Cindy and even that wasn't much. It would have helped if Flo could have billed herself as a former Supreme - but that didn't stop venues and labels of getting the word out on the sly like Mary used to do as Mary Wilson & The Supremes or The Flos' CDs going out with Ross' pic etc. No one knew Flo's name outside of the many many Supremes fans. When I saw her picture sleeve for Love Aint Love by Florence "Flo" Ballard at what is now Macy's, I thought maybe she'd hit until I heard the record. What did Flo in was her chauffeur for a manager, ABC having zero creative direction for her and Flo providing horrendous vocals. Anyone hearing her CD knows that by 1969 - her style of voice was never, ever gonna hit. I laugh at people who try to make her a victim of Motown when she did herself in. All Motown did was discover her ass, groom her, train her and make her a star. How she became a victim is beyond me - but I adored her. She was never gonna be a solo star and that's why no one signed her - billing had nothing to do with it.

supremester Guest
    Of course in that interview she says nothing about who first approached her and those comments by Marv - as rotten as they are, are not the worst I've seen from him - not by a long shot. Of course, often the most vocal anti - gay haters are really just trying to cover things up - maybe Marv has a wide stance as well. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL hehehehehehehehe. I have a friend who sends these quotes to Mary - I'll fwd this to him.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Wow you have either no shame or you lost your mind marv2. you post the above clip of Diane Ross in the actors studio and right in the comments section theres this disgusting comment by you DetroitLives313 on january 1st of this year.

DetroitLives313 9 months ago
    Ain't that a bitch? You big flaming Dianah Ross fan and you are calling me a fag?  Go suck a New Year's dick somewhere you disease faggot! Sitting up here watching this drunk has been bitch....go get laid sissy punk!

· in reply to Charles Hater [[Show the comment)

Granted the other comments are equally reprehensable but hey you lay down with dogs and you end up with fleas.

Have you no self respect sir?

Of course in that interview she says nothing about who first approached her and those comments by Marv - as rotten as they are, are not the worst I've seen from him - not by a long shot. Of course, often the most vocal anti - gay haters are really just trying to cover things up - maybe Marv has a wide stance as well. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL hehehehehehehehe. I have a friend who sends these quotes to Mary - I'll fwd this to him.......
    Oh Ive been sent many of marv2 or DetroitLives313 homophobic comments for the past few months by a member here but this clip that marv actually post here was the first time i had seen his hate in the comment section of a video clip and those other people are disgusting as well. Such hate and filth and bigotry. I never seen anything like it. Real real sad that there are so many bigots in this world and real sad that marv2 is that anti gay. I thought the world had evolve but im shm just smh at it all.

Please dont send marvs comments to Mary Wilson Supremester. Miss wilson dont need to read all that hate could make her real upset. Miss Wilson love her gay fans and has many good homosexual gentlemen friends. Please dint send them to Miss Wilson.

What do you mean 'has a wide stance as well' Supremester? Im real confused?

Fondly,

Roberta
    Last edited by Roberta75; 10-17-2013 at 12:38 AM.

supremester Guest
    Hi Roberta, yes, there are still some haters out there - but most of those are dying off and mostly only those with mild to severe mental disorders continue their narrow, focused hatred. Often these people have anger issues from being picked on as a child, a lifetime of being overlooked for praise or promotion resulting in jealousy, anger and rage against those they want to feel superior to in order to prove to themselves they have value. It's sad. Especially annoying are those who belong to an oppressed minority themselves and treat others exactly as they loathe to be treated. to me, that is the lowest form of humanity there is. Marv should move to Idaho where bigotry is often applauded but, because of his minority status, they'd run his ass out on a rail pronto. The wide stance reference is to severely anti-gay Republican Senator Larry Craig who was arrested for soliciting sex in a public men's room at MSP. I checked out the restroom - it was clearly designed for exactly this purpose. Anyway, I was just saying perhaps there is a reason for Marv's strong "comments." See: http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...=Wide%20Stance. Most TTG's use whatever form necessary to advance their cause [[usually their self-image.) They may lack stature in social situations and seek artificial means of aggrandizement. They are the type who might cheat at cards or monopoly because they can't hide behind a keyboard to gain acceptance or be looked up to. It's all too bad, because I love Marv. As one of God's creatures, he has value and worth. He adds a lot to this and other forums, but can't stick to the truth if it's a POV that isn't rooted in fact that he's trying to sell. See: http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...one%20toughguy As far as Mary goes, it seems she has requested to be kept informed of these things - maybe she will try to talk to him again. The last time, he bragged in MWOS that it's anti American to stifle freedom of speech and he has the right to trash talk anyone he chooses. Yes, he replied with The Bill Of Rights. Now THAT'S an American! hehehehehe!

smark21 Guest
    Smark, YES! The individual members of the Supremes were very well known to the public by 1967. That myth that no one ever realized that it was Cindy Birdsong standing in for Florence at the Hollywood Bowl was way overblown! They had Cindy made up to look like Flo as much as possible [[check out the pics if you ever come across some from that show.)

The Supremes were still red hot in 1967.....probably the most famous American singing group. Using the fact that she was one of the Supremes could do nothing but help Florence's solo career. It would have hurt Motown if too many questions were asked as to why she was no longer with the group however...........
    So if Flo were as well known as you say she was in 67 and 68, then not being able to use the Supremes name to promote herself should have been at most a minor annoyance. As for the SFX poll, they asked the wrong question. Instead of asking for name identification, they should have asked, would you attend a Supremes reunion concert in which Diana Ross performed with the ladies she sang with in the 60s or with women who were in the group after Ross went solo. SFX was guilty of shoddy market research.

I assume Karen Ragland's counterclaim against Mary Wilson for interference with her business activities never proceeded because there are no reports of it.

So if Flo were as well known as you say she was in 67 and 68, then not being able to use the Supremes name to promote herself should have been at most a minor annoyance. As for the SFX poll, they asked the wrong question. Instead of asking for name identification, they should have asked, would you attend a Supremes reunion concert in which Diana Ross performed with the ladies she sang with in the 60s or with women who were in the group after Ross went solo. SFX was guilty of shoddy market research.
    It was a bit more than a minor annoyance. Look at it this way. Up to that point, being the founding member of the most successful American musical act was Florence's greatest accomplishment. Not being able to promote that fact was like starting over for her in some instances. She had all her number one records with the group and unless she was going to go out and have songs written and produced for her by the same people that made her a star...........she was starting over from scratch with just her name and not the use of the name of the entity that brought her to stardom! Does that make a little more sense?

SFX and the "survey" they did was a joke from the word go! They claimed that no one knew who Mary Wilson was, but then right after they announce that RTL Tour would proceed without her........every major news outlet in the country went after Mary for her comments about the situation. She was on TV and radio non - stop during that period. The could never happen if no one knew who she was!

It was a bit more than a minor annoyance. Look at it this way. Up to that point, being the founding member of the most successful American musical act was Florence's greatest accomplishment. Not being able to promote that fact was like starting over for her in some instances. She had all her number one records with the group and unless she was going to go out and have songs written and produced for her by the same people that made her a star...........she was starting over from scratch with just her name and not the use of the name of the entity that brought her to stardom! Does that make a little more sense?
    Your disgusting comments as DetroitLives313 on this YouTube clip that you posted last night are not a minor annoyance but a major offensive annoyance to lesbian ladies and homosexual gentlemen everywhere. Why do you write such hurtful things marv2 and why did you share the clip that have the bigoted comments? You need to stop the attacks in this forum and on youtube marv2 it isnt right and its real offensive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDKYRR3mBlY

Roberta

Smark has hit on another truth you don't like; Flo, Mary, Cindy ~ they all had limited name recognition, no voice recognition. Sad but true.

Things seem different these days; Kelly Rowland has maintained some consistent success coming out of a hit group.

if they where ever supremes then they can surely use the name..... another example of the talentless mary Wilson trying to screw someone over.. coz she cant sing and make money

Oh Jesus.............I'm running for the hills!