[REMOVE ADS]

New book Heartsoul and Mary Wilson

My eyes are raised to the sky. SMH.

It's a book about influentual Detroiters. I didn't even see a portrait of Mary Wilson or the Supremes in the book. Are they even in it?

CBC recently had a show about authors and managers who go on Amazon and other sites and review their own books and give them glowing reviews.

There is a word for doing that. It is a "new" word and I can't remember what they call it. One of those new words like "twerking".

As times passes, I realize that many of the singers from the 60's have to use everything in their arsenal to keep a few buck rolling in.

I heard about this exhibit and book a few months ago. Yes Mary and the other Supremes are in it. Thanks Luke!

What other Supremes? It appears a prerequisite would be a person had to be a Detroiter, either born there or having had resided there. There are only three, maybe four other Supremes besides Mary , who fit the bill and one of them is deceased. Has anyone else actually looked through this book?
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 10-10-2013 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamasu_Jr View Post
    What other Supremes? It appears a prerequisite would be a person had to be a Detroiter, either born there or having had resided there. There are only two, maybe three other Supremes besides Mary who fit the bill and one of them is deceased. Has anyone else actually looked through this book?
    Barbara Martin was a Supreme and she still live in Detroit. I believe shes a retired podiatrist. The other living suPremes from Detroit are Diane Ross and Mary Wilson and Sherrie Pane.

Roberta

Marv is Mary's sometime manager/plant. Luke is Marv's shadow.

I've never heard of this prior to this post; this isn't the first time though.

Roberta, you're right, all three would be Detroiters. Now here's the next question: were they photographed for this book? It would seem they were photographed seperately and not together