[REMOVE ADS]

Pictures of Papa Joe Hunters last performance with Jack Ashford in Amsterdam

Dear all,

When I was cleaning up an old laptop, I stumbled across these pictures from 2008. These pictures are from the Jack Ashford led "Funk Brothers", and they performed in Paradiso, Amsterdam.

Probably this was Papa Joe Hunters last performance. I know for sure it was his last performance in Amsterdam.

It was a memorable evening and I thought to share it with you.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by 1382hitsville; 10-09-2013 at 07:47 AM. Reason: pictures need cropping

The pictures seems too big, so I tried to resize them....
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Thanks for posting these.

I'll aways remember the moment in SITSOM that Joe Hunter told the story of how Benny Benjamin came up with the name 'Funk Brothers' at Hitsville one day.

I must admit, its hard to comprehend how many of the Funk Brothers who took part in SITSOM are no longer with us.

Btw, does anyone know what Jack Ashford is up to these days?

Cheers

Paul