[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Casey Kasem's children battling over trophy wife's refusal to allow them to see him

I heard this story on radio CKWW yesterday and it is a sad situation.

Guys,
    this is why you don't have a trophy wife.

edafan

what is the old soul song

If you want to be happy for the rest of your life.....

Quote Originally Posted by edafan View Post
    Guys,
    this is why you don't have a trophy wife.

edafan

what is the old soul song

If you want to be happy for the rest of your life.....

Good point, but I want to know why we don't have legislation that gives children legal rights to see ailing parents. We hear of this kind of crap more than we should, and I feel that a spouse's rights should not supersede that of children. There are laws regarding visitation right of parents to children, but not the other way around. That needs to be changed.

I basically don't care. It is nothing new. It happens - especially in families where there is a lot of money. Casey Kasem was not a nice guy, and probably not a great dad or father. He should be glad that his children want to see him after he left them out of his will.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 10-04-2013 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamasu_Jr View Post
    I basically don't care. It is nothing new. It happens - especially in families where there is a lot of money. Casey Kasem was not a nice guy, and probably not a great dad or father. He should be glad that his children want to see him after he left them out of his will.
    Good point, Kamasu. Maybe that's why his children want to see him - if he left them out of his Will. They may want to try to get him to change it. There's nothing like greed to bring out the worst in families. I've seen it many times. Nobody grew up in Beaver Cleaver's household. Most families are dysfunctional to some extent. We don't know all that's behind this. His wife may not be the "bad guy".

~~Mary~~

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    Good point, but I want to know why we don't have legislation that gives children legal rights to see ailing parents. We hear of this kind of crap more than we should, and I feel that a spouse's rights should not supersede that of children. There are laws regarding visitation right of parents to children, but not the other way around. That needs to be changed.
    Maybe he doesnt want to see them. You dont know what goes on behind closed doors or what went down between Mr Kasem and his kids.

Roberta

I agree jill

edafan

Quote Originally Posted by Kamasu_Jr View Post
    How did you know he wasn't a nice guy? I don't really know anything about him.... I just find it outrageous that trophy wife can legally keep kids away.
    Last edited by jillfoster; 10-06-2013 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Maybe he doesnt want to see them. You dont know what goes on behind closed doors or what went down between Mr Kasem and his kids.

Roberta
    Then he needed to have that directive recorded on video tape. After all, he has Parkinson's, it's a progressive debilitating disease, and it doesn't happen overnight. The kids say they don't want money, they just want to see him. I guess if your'e cyinical enough to assume every person is lying, then I'm sad for you.
    Last edited by jillfoster; 10-06-2013 at 12:49 AM.

How did you know he wasn't a nice guy? I don't really know anything about him.... I just find it outrageous that trophy wife can legally keep kids away.
    Now he's the cheif defender of Casey Kasem. Lord have mercy.

Then he needed to have that directive recorded on video tape. After all, he has Parkinson's, it's a progressive debilitating disease, and it doesn't happen overnight. The kids say they don't want money, they just want to see him. I guess if your'e cyinical enough to assume every person is lying, then I'm sad for you.
    Oh honey i wouldnt be calling anyone cynical if i were you. You the king of cynicism jillfoster.

Obviously, you've never heard that recording of him cussing in the studio when he was still doing his countdown show. He ranted and raved over something small. That tape was legendary for every student majoring in broadcasting. Then he slipped back into his professional, sincere but phoney voice. And he once told Mary Wells that he was involved in getting her to leave Motown and signed to 20th Century Records for a big money advance that she said she never saw. And it's not like he married his wife Jean yesterday. They've been married a while. She has spousal rights and probably power of attorney over Casey.

Such profanity!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV7WF5VVwuo
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 10-07-2013 at 02:28 PM.

We don't know what fued he may or may not have had with his children. I think he's been married to his wife Jean for several decades now. She's probably put up with a lot with that temper of his and who knows what else. If she is his caregiver 'believe me' her job is not an easy one even if her husband was an angel [[which from all accounts he's not) so I give her props for hanging in there with him. Not one of us knows the family dynamics or what is in anyone's marriage. Someone who gives up their life to take care of another's and not stick them in a nursing home deserves a lot of credit, it's a lot of sacrifice and real work which only comes out of love. It takes true love to be able to do that.

S.S.

Soul Sister, you told the truth. We don't know what Jean Kasem has had to put up with or her reasons fôr keeping Casey's children away. If Casey can throw a fit ôver a lead-in to a dedication, he must have been hell if his coffeee was not perked right.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 10-07-2013 at 08:35 PM.

Now he's the cheif defender of Casey Kasem. Lord have mercy.
    Roberta, quit acting like an ass. I just asked Kamasu why he felt the way he did [[and he answered me), because I didn't know anything about Casey's personal life. I wasn't defending anyone, I didn't know anything and was asking for information.

Roberta, quit acting like an ass. I just asked Kamasu why he felt the way he did [[and he answered me), because I didn't know anything about Casey's personal life. I wasn't defending anyone, I didn't know anything and was asking for information.
    You keep referring to a woman [[Jean Kasem) who has been married to a man for 33 years and have a child with him as a trophy wife when you have no idea what went down between him and his kids. Parents dont cut they kids out of a will for nothing jillfoster. Maybe Jean is protecting him i dont know but id hardly call Jean a trophy wife its real insulting imo.

Roberta

You keep referring to a woman [[Jean Kasem) who has been married to a man for 33 years and have a child with him as a trophy wife when you have no idea what went down between him and his kids. Parents dont cut they kids out of a will for nothing jillfoster. Maybe Jean is protecting him i dont know but id hardly call Jean a trophy wife its real insulting imo.

Roberta
    She is a trophy wife and played a stereotypical "dumb blonde" on "Cheers".

That is what Roberta does. She goes around the forums and aggitate folks that she doesn't like and then tries to cover it up with her church lady charade that has gotten tremendously boring......................

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    She is a trophy wife and played a stereotypical "dumb blonde" on "Cheers".
    Jean is too long in the tooth to be a trophy wife as for cheers well Its called acting sweetie.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    That is what Roberta does. She goes around the forums and aggitate folks that she doesn't like and then tries to cover it up with her church lady charade that has gotten tremendously boring......................
    A homophobe defend a gay gentleman. you should be touched Jill Foster and if you find my posts boring marv then stop responding to every one and quit being so b**chy.

Roberta
    KEEP REFERRING? I called her that once. And yes, parents DO cut their children out of wills for nothing. I've known people who say "My kids have to stand on their own tow feet" , and then leave all their money to charity. And you wouldn't call her a trophy wife? REALLY????

Last edited by jillfoster; 10-07-2013 at 06:26 PM.

KEEP REFERRING? I called her that once. And yes, parents DO cut their children out of wills for nothing. I've known people who say "My kids have to stand on their own tow feet" , and then leave all their money to charity. And you wouldn't call her a trophy wife? REALLY????

Shes waaaaay too big boned to be an trophy wife dear. lol

LOL, just saw this!

She looks like a trophy wife in a way; but if they've been married for 33 years, trophy wife isn't appropriate.

In Canada, you cannot cut your spouse, gay or otherwise, or your children out of your Will; if you do, the spouse or child can apply to vary the terms of the will to adequately and properly provide for them if the Will failed to do that.

Roberta isn't boring to me; she just stands up to Marv which is admirable and virtuous and of course, puts her in the firing line. There are several people on SD that are like Roberta. Regardless of her religion, her sexual preference, her color, her ethnicity and all those other sensitive issues, what really matters is that she is a decent and kind human being ~ something lacking in the odd one of our members.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    LOL, just saw this!

She looks like a trophy wife in a way; but if they've been married for 33 years, trophy wife isn't appropriate.

In Canada, you cannot cut your spouse, gay or otherwise, or your children out of your Will; if you do, the spouse or child can apply to vary the terms of the will to adequately and properly provide for them if the Will failed to do that.

Roberta isn't boring to me; she just stands up to Marv which is admirable and virtuous and of course, puts her in the firing line. There are several people on SD that are like Roberta. Regardless of her religion, her sexual preference, her color, her ethnicity and all those other sensitive issues, what really matters is that she is a decent and kind human being ~ something lacking in the odd one of our members.
    Thank you my dear.

Fondly,

Roberta

LOL, just saw this!

Rob, she isn't even a she. "She" is a previous banned member that thinks it clever to come here and mock everyone because it makes him feel "special".

Shes waaaaay too big boned to be an trophy wife dear. lol
    Please, he looks like he's ready to breastfeed. Thee are three things that make a trophy wife:

1: Huge tits
    2: Golddigger
    3: Bleach blonde hair

I suppose you think Anna Nicole Smith was not a trophy wife to that old geezer?
    Last edited by jillfoster; 10-07-2013 at 10:06 PM.

Rob, she isn't even a she. "She" is a previous banned member that thinks it clever to come here and mock everyone because it makes him feel "special".
    Unlike you I am a she jillfoster and Ralph has never banned me okay. Keep lapping up the homophobes lies and distortions it must make you as a homosexual gentleman real real proud.

Roberta
    Last edited by Roberta75; 10-07-2013 at 10:11 PM.

Please, he looks like he's ready to breastfeed. Thee are three things that make a trophy wife:

1: Huge tits
    2: Golddigger
    3: Bleach blonde hair

I suppose you think Anna Nicole Smith was not a trophy wife to that old geezer?
    per usual you are crass and making generalizattions. Give a woman who is looking after her sick husband of 33 years some respect.

Roberta

per usual you are crass and making generalizattions. Give a woman who is looking after her sick husband of 33 years some respect.

Roberta
    Have you seen the size of the house? she doesn't do squat. She hires people.

Unlike you I am a she jillfoster and Ralph has never banned me okay. Keep lapping up the homophobes lies and distortions it must make you as a homosexual gentleman real real proud.

Roberta
    Your'e the fool if you think other people's distortions are true, such as Marv not knowing Mary Wilson, etc.

Your'e the fool if you think other people's distortions are true, such as Marv not knowing Mary Wilson, etc.
    how childsish you are. lolololololol

I couldnt care less if Marv know mary Wilson or Brad Pitt or King carlos of Spain for that matter.

Have you seen the size of the house? she doesn't do squat. She hires people.
    So what Jean and casey Kasem are real wealthy and Im sure they are living within they means. Its really none of your business who she hire or what size of house she lives in. Jealousy is a real ugly trait jillfoster and a sin.

So what Jean and casey Kasem are real wealthy and Im sure they are living within they means. Its really none of your business who she hire or what size of house she lives in. Jealousy is a real ugly trait jillfoster and a sin.
    I don't want her ugly ass house. My point is that YOU claim she was caring for her husband... my point is that she HIRES people to do it, she's not caring for any damn body. And guess what, the blonde bimbo, who is barring entrance to Casey's children AND his brother, and other friends, is going to get taken to court. His daughter Julie has a master's degree in Medicine, and her husband is a doctor, and SHE HAS MEDICAL POWER OF ATTORNEY. Signed by Casey himself in 2007. You still think the children are the ones in the wrong? They are now going to court to file for conservatorship, and you can bet a gold digging tramp will lose out to a doctor every time.
    Last edited by jillfoster; 10-08-2013 at 10:10 PM.

I don't want her ugly ass house. My point is that YOU claim she was caring for her husband... my point is that she HIRES people to do it, she's not caring for any damn body. And guess what, the blonde bimbo, who is barring entrance to Casey's children AND his brother, and other friends, is going to get taken to court. His daughter Julie has a master's degree in Medicine, and her husband is a doctor, and SHE HAS MEDICAL POWER OF ATTORNEY. Signed by Casey himself in 2007. You still think the children are the ones in the wrong? They are now going to court to file for conservatorship, and you can bet a gold digging tramp will lose out to a doctor every time.
    BAM!!!! Match point! LOL!

Theres two sides to every story jillfoster but oer usual you seem to know all they business and who Jean hires and how a judge will rule.

smark21 Guest
    Here’s an article from the NY Daily News on the situation. The article does point out that Julie Kasem has a Master’s Degree in Medicine, a M.O.M. That’s not the same as a doctorate in Medicine [[M.D.) so she’s not a doctor.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1479074

She should learn how to dress.
    I know what I would inscribe on her trophy.

nuf said
    edafan

Unbelievable!! You're all speculating about things you know nothing about. Casey CHOSE to marry Jean and they've been married for 33 years. She has spousal rights. None of us knows what has transpired between them. None of us knows what has happened between Casey and his children. Hurling insults towards the parties involved solves nothing. Let the courts decide. I think there is much more to this story than what has been reported in the tabloids and elsewhere. It's not for me to speculate or take sides one way or the other.

Why are we judging people we don't know personally. Every family has skeletons in their closet. The children chose to go public, rather than keeping these matters private. That action has the potential to hurt their father as much as anything. Just look at what's happening in this thread.

~~Mary~~

Quote Originally Posted by JIVE FIVE Mary G. View Post
    Unbelievable!! You're all speculating about things you know nothing about. Casey CHOSE to marry Jean and they've been married for 33 years. She has spousal rights. None of us knows what has transpired between them. None of us knows what has happened between Casey and his children. Hurling insults towards the parties involved solves nothing. Let the courts decide. I think there is much more to this story than what has been reported in the tabloids and elsewhere. It's not for me to speculate or take sides one way or the other.

Why are we judging people we don't know personally. Every family has skeletons in their closet. The children chose to go public, rather than keeping these matters private. That action has the potential to hurt their father as much as anything. Just look at what's happening in this thread.

~~Mary~~
    Very well stated Mary. I couldnt agree with you more.

Fondly,

Roberta

Thank you, Roberta.

~~Mary~~

Right on, right on, Mary!

It's just insane how people get into fights over stuff that has nothing to do with them personaly, just like in all those Supreme threads, Mary vs. Diane, etcetra...etcetra.........
    It's laughable.

S.S.

Thank you, Soul Sister. I'm surprised the Supremes haven't been mentioned in this thread yet. OOOOps, we just did, but at least not in a negative way.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Here’s an article from the NY Daily News on the situation. The article does point out that Julie Kasem has a Master’s Degree in Medicine, a M.O.M. That’s not the same as a doctorate in Medicine [[M.D.) so she’s not a doctor.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1479074
    Yes, I said that.... it's her HUSBAND that is the Doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Sister View Post
    Right on, right on, Mary!

It's just insane how people get into fights over stuff that has nothing to do with them personaly, just like in all those Supreme threads, Mary vs. Diane, etcetra...etcetra.........
    It's laughable.

S.S.
    Don't read too much into that, the reason some of us do it [[me, at least) is that we like to debate.

Theres two sides to every story jillfoster but oer usual you seem to know all they business and who Jean hires and how a judge will rule.
    Yes, I do... and you don't know shit. Any questions?

Yes, I do... and you don't know shit. Any questions?
    Now Jill, you can do better than that to refute a point. Don't go the "Marv" route on us which is when backed into a corner say things like "you lie" "you don't know shit" etc.

Now Jill, you can do better than that to refute a point. Don't go the "Marv" route on us which is when backed into a corner say things like "you lie" "you don't know shit" etc.
    I know, Rob... but you can't reason with an imbecile that seems to think a daughter with a degree in medicine and a medical power of attorney will lose in court to a blonde bimbo with gigantic tits. I suppose Jean could win, if she sucks off the judge.

I know, Rob... but you can't reason with an imbecile that seems to think a daughter with a degree in medicine and a medical power of attorney will lose in court to a blonde bimbo with gigantic tits. I suppose Jean could win, if she sucks off the judge.
    you are crass and vulgar Jill foster and your attacks on Jean Kasem prove that? Theres two side to every story but you just open your mouth and let the attacks flow.

I wouldnt hurl the word imbecile around if I were you. You are the fool that claim to see a tape of Motown the musical which was the best tall tale I've heard in a long time lololololololol.
    Last edited by Roberta75; 10-10-2013 at 09:10 AM.

Don't read too much into that, the reason some of us do it [[me, at least) is that we like to debate.
    No you dont debate you attack.