[REMOVE ADS]

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Well, given how many disco remixes I've created in these last two years or so, it's very fair to say that I LOVE it. And here's my latest project for your (hopeful) enjoyment, a disco remix of epic proportions. I completely rework Dan Hartman's classic "Vertigo / Relight My Fire" featuring the powerhouse vocals of Loleatta Holloway. Maybe I went slightly overboard, as this monster runs 17 1/2 minutes long (I TOLD you it was EPIC, LOL), but once I got started I couldn't stop. Oh well, if you're looking to dance all night, you can't do worse than this. Enjoy!

DJ Moch

Quote Originally Posted by DJMoch View Post
    Well, given how many disco remixes I've created in these last two years or so, it's very fair to say that I LOVE it. And here's my latest project for your (hopeful) enjoyment, a disco remix of epic proportions. I completely rework Dan Hartman's classic "Vertigo / Relight My Fire" featuring the powerhouse vocals of Loleatta Holloway. Maybe I went slightly overboard, as this monster runs 17 1/2 minutes long (I TOLD you it was EPIC, LOL), but once I got started I couldn't stop. Oh well, if you're looking to dance all night, you can't do worse than this. Enjoy!

DJ Moch

This was a big one in NYC back in the day.

Ricky Martin's version, which was supposed to have Anastacia on backing vocals, but ended up with the original Loleatta Holloway vocal, is quite good also!
    https://youtu.be/uGqOkc5Do3k

Mary Wilson - Red Hot!

Gladys Knight and The Pips - A Better Than Good Time!

Nice one DJ Moch

VERTIGO /RELIGHT was one of many "peak" records of the night to choose from during that period in 1979 when it was crazy how many records there were for a DJ to choose from. So much good stuff, all at once , there was really no where for disco to go after this climatic period than down.

A few years later Dan Hartman would pass from AIDS, but not before handing James Brown a huge career resurgence with :

Last edited by Boogiedown; 04-19-2018 at 10:11 PM.

That was a HUGE hit for James Brown! It single-handedly revived his recording career. Prior to this one, James had started to playing small clubs around the country.