[REMOVE ADS]

Remembering The Five Stairsteps

A short piece about the The Five Stairsteps:

Always big with UK fans. From their early Windy C tracks, thru the Buddah & Curtom eras and onto their Dark Horse album. Beyond that, Keni Burke's solo stuff & the Invisible Mans Band cuts.
    The biggest UK dance club track was always [[though 2 /3 of Keni's solo efforts also became anthems here) ....
    Last edited by jsmith; 02-16-2024 at 08:13 PM.

"Don't Change Your Love" is my fave by them They deserve to be in the Rythmn & Blues Hall of Fame.I saw them LIVE several times during the late 60's/early 70's & they were GREAT.

Here's a two part overview of The Five Stairsteps which goes into more details about their career.

LOVE The 5 Stairsteps music back in the day, I use to buy all their records, but Stay Close To Me and We Must Be In Love sound to much like The Impressions, unfortunately i never saw them LIVE.
    Last edited by REDHOT; 03-07-2024 at 04:37 AM.

Me and the wife were talking about the group the other day. My wife had a good friend that knew the family but she passed away. She would always tell us positive things about the family. Time is something else and shows that we are just passing through. I never saw them in person either even though they were based in Chicago back then.

Quote Originally Posted by motony View Post
    "Don't Change Your Love" is my fave by them They deserve to be in the Rythmn & Blues Hall of Fame.I saw them LIVE several times during the late 60's/early 70's & they were GREAT.
    Are they not in the R&B Hall of Fame? It seems they'll let anyone in there...I mean, S.O.U.L. from my hometown of Cleveland is in, and really, how many folks outside of Cleveland know their music? [[Well, obviously some folks overseas, seeing that BGP/Ace released a CD or two of their music, but still...).

Best,

Mark