[REMOVE ADS]

Petula Clark, Blue Lady: The Nashville Sessions

I believe there is a big Petula fan on this forum.

Petula Clark, Blue Lady: The Nashville Sessions [[UMe) [[iTunes / Amazon)

On November 15 of this year, Petula Clark celebrated her milestone 90th birthday. The legendary performer was hardly sitting idle; she's still performing eight shows a week at London's Prince Edward Theatre as the Bird Woman in Mary Poppins, bringing down the house nightly with her impassioned plea to "Feed the Birds." Clark has always been an artist of enormous range and variety, and in 1975, she recorded one of her most special albums in Nashville with producer Chips Moman [[Elvis Presley, B.J. Thomas). Blue Lady was intended for release in 1976 on ABC Records with such songs as Bacharach and David's "Don't Make Me Over," Paul Francis Webster and Jerry Livingston's "The Twelfth of Never," Clark's own title track, and Bobby Emmons' "It's Midnight [[Do You Know Where Your Baby Is)." But despite being completed and assigned a catalogue number, ABC opted to leave the LP on the shelf. It remained there until 1995 when Varese Sarabande released it in full for the first time along with three single sides helmed by Tony Scotti and Phil Gernhard. Now, that expanded edition is itself getting expanded. This newly-remastered digital edition adds the previously unreleased Blue Lady outtake "Another Major Tragedy" written by Toni Wine [["A Groovy KInd of Love") who also wrote the album's single "Gimme a Smile." The only other major tragedy here would be if you don't give a listen to this remarkablealbum from the one and only Ms. Petula Clark.

Is this digital only?

Digital only! Say it ain't so!

Thanks Jack! I will be checking this out.

I came across this thread and it seems this digital release didn't come out? I know there was a CD version that was released in 1995, which has been long out of print. I'm guessing this digital version was ultimately blocked due to some sort of rights issue. Too bad.

There are several well priced copies on eBay.

I myself would like to hear this. My local library has some CD's of Pet's earlier ABC/Dunhill material, but I've never bothered to check them out. Eventually, I will.

Best,

Mark