[REMOVE ADS]

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    The Clark Sisters were always ahead of themselves musically. This bumpin number from Twinkie Clark's 1979 solo debut (with The Clark Sisters bgv's) could make any church boy get up and dance. I guess you would call it disco/gospel.
    Come through, Twinkie! She took this old chestnut and turned it!

The birth of disco? A medium soul hit in 1972 , Tom Moulton got ahold of it in 1975 , tacked some of its instrumental version (PENGUIN AT THE BIG APPLE ) up front and turned it into a five minute dance floor favorite found on the cleverly named, never before released , THE LEGENDARY ZING ALBUM lp.

PS I like that Twinkie Clark piece Glen!
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 04-02-2019 at 04:27 AM.

Twinkie's "Awake O Zion" is irresistible. For a church girl, she certainly knew her way around the disco.

Hey marv,take a listen to the marvelettes version of[a breathaking guy]and tell me it's not disco!

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Hey marv,take a listen to the marvelettes version of[a breathaking guy]and tell me it's not disco!
    Ok, I'll check it out.