[REMOVE ADS]

Why is it taking pbs stations so long to mail pledge items?

I have yet to receive that Girl Groups DVD from my local station. I called to see what was taking so long and was told it would take 4 to 6 weeks. My pledge was paid in full , but no gift. Has anyone received their gifts? I'm starting to get annoyed.

It might just be your particular station, or what you ordered.

I pledged for the Hullabaloo and Burt Bacharach dvds, and they both came in reasonable time. I did receive a note that the latter would be delayed, but it still came in what I thought was a decent time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamasu_Jr View Post
    I have yet to receive that Girl Groups DVD from my local station. I called to see what was taking so long and was told it would take 4 to 6 weeks. My pledge was paid in full , but no gift. Has anyone received their gifts? I'm starting to get annoyed.
    I watched the program and enjoyed it, but did not pledge. But I pledged on an earlier program and got the DVD in less than two weeks. Maybe there is a delay with this DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Another great program. Mary was superb as usual and looked amazing. Thank you TJ for all the work you put into these special tributes. Now I have some ordering to do!

Marv
    Marv, did you get yours yet?

I called my local PBS affiliate to ask where were my items from the Girl Groups telecast. It's been eight or nine weeks now and my pledge was paid in full. I got a call back from a woman at WKNO- Memphis saying the station had put my order through to PITTSBURGH, but they could no longer find the order in the computer. She blamed it on the people in PITTSBURGH and promised she'd order my items again and expedite it. I don't know if she told the truth but I do know TJL reads this forum. He should know that Memphis PBS viewers are not being treated nice.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 09-25-2013 at 06:06 PM.

Thanks for letting me know - I'll look into it.

We're usually 3-6 weeks [[business days) from date of order as the items are custom made by order. Not sure about the glitch, but I'll check into it.

I should clarify we're usually 3-6 weeks from here, with shipping to and from the duplicator and to the station then to a viewer - would be about 4-8 weeks.

It's like custom furniture - - there not made in mass quantities in advance, and once they are out of print, they are typically gone from the market. But I will definately check into it for you.

Please feel free to email me here or to tjlproductions@aol.com.

I did finally get the Girl Grooves DVDs. They aren't bad, some of the clips are not perfect [[they are old), and there's some dubbing but they were worth the pledge. A lot of the clips are from Dick Clark Productions which is like Fort Know for rare rock videos. There's not much information in the way of notes or dates, but to see Aretha [[doing Chain Of Fools live with the Sweet Inspirations) , and Betty Everett, the Ikettes, Velvelettes, Carla Thomas and others in their primes is priceless.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 10-04-2013 at 08:36 AM.