PDA

View Full Version : Gladys Knight & Lenny Kravitz On Letterman Tonight 8/29

test

milven
08-29-2013, 12:00 PM
Gladys Knight and Lenny Kravitz will be on Letterman tonight. She will sing the new song that Lenny wrote for her. It is played in THE BUTLER.

The movie has a clip of Gladys Knight & The Pips singing Midnight Train In Georgia. People who saw the screenings of the show hear Midnight. But since then, Lenny wrote a new song for Gladys and it is what is now heard in the movie while seeing GK&P singing Midnight. It is a short clip, but I guess it is long enough for it to be considered a new song written for a movie and will probably be nominated. The nomination would go to Lenny, but I am sure that they will invite Gladys to sing it on the Oscar Telecast.

I saw the movie yesterday and it was amazing. It's even more amazing to bring youngsters to see it and then discuss the movie afterwards with them.

The movie is more than just history. It's the story of a family. The father of that family just happens to work in the White House as a butler and witnesses a lot of history.

Here is a clip of Gladys in rehearsal recording the song for the movie. The full song is available on Amazon and probably I-Tunes too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV34sKKHpXM

milven
08-30-2013, 07:24 AM
If you missed her stunning performannce last night, here is a link to it.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/live-letterman-gladys-knight-lenny-193310137-cbs.html

Letterman spared no expense. The band was augmented with full strings, Lenny sat beside her playing, and her background singers were also with her.

RossHolloway
08-30-2013, 11:10 AM
Thanks for posting both of those clips. Glady's still has such a strong and pure voice after all these years, her voice has not aged one bit.

Kamasu_Jr
08-30-2013, 11:31 AM
I didn't like the song. It's OK for a movie, but it was dreary to me. She was in good voice though. It was Gladys Knight's first appearance ever on David Letterman's Show. I hope Letterman will have her back again.

skooldem1
08-30-2013, 11:36 AM
I was channel surfing last night and caught this. Gladys sounded great. It was her first time there and she acted so excited. She wasn't interviewed, she just sang the song at the end of the show.

R. Mark Desjardins
08-30-2013, 02:09 PM
Miss Knight has ALWAYS been "Perfection In Performance!" It is so good to hear her voice again!

milven
08-30-2013, 03:19 PM
I didn't realize that she was never on Dave's show. Was she ever on Leno? GK&P must've been on Carson.

I like the song now. It would fit nicely into a Broadway Show. As for it being a commercial hit, I don't know. I don't know what sells in what is left of today's music industry.

Gladys looked and sounded great.

nysister
08-30-2013, 08:47 PM
It was funny when Letterman said, she's here let's see how she does....lol! Seriously, Gladys reading of the line "you and I aint nothing no more." Mercy!!!

If you missed her stunning performannce last night, here is a link to it.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/live-letterman-gladys-knight-lenny-193310137-cbs.html

Letterman spared no expense. The band was augmented with full strings, Lenny sat beside her playing, and her background singers were also with her.

REDHOT
09-05-2013, 11:13 AM
Love it,Gladys is such a pro,she still in the game of music,and entertainment,THE BEST.Please stay positive