PDA

View Full Version : Oh How it Hurts

test

nosey
08-26-2013, 10:32 AM
Anyone have any stories associated with a song? Here's one of mine:

Back in 1967 Barbara was engaged to Jimmy and he sorta banned her from hanging with me & Shirley. Jimmy was a Marine stationed at the Naval Base and that's where he and Barbara met because we all used to hang at the club there. Well one night there was a party off base in South Philly and Jimmy forbade Barbara to go so being young, Shirley & I punked her into going saying, you're not married to him yet, don't let him tell YOU what to do, etc, etc.

So we "gets" to the party and shortly thereafter Jimmy walks in with this female Marine and is shocked to see Barbara. As if on cue "Oh How it Hurts" is the next song to come on. Talk about timing.

Er, it's safe to say that Jimmy kicked Shirley & I out of the bridal party! Who knew!

Haven't seen Barbara whose Nefertiti now in about 20 years and she's in Stone Mountain and since I'm in GA, we plan on hooking up soon. Jimmy died after they divorced and she told me a couple of months ago, why didn't y'all stop me! That man gave me the miseries. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X_anVJVbeY

Soul Sister
08-26-2013, 12:51 PM
Great story, Nosey. The timing was perfect.
I think Barbara should have moved on that night. Seems like he wanted her on lockdown so he wouldn't get caught tippin`. :mad:

S.S.

nosey
08-26-2013, 12:54 PM
The story ended with the girl having the good sense to leave and Jimmy was able to do damage control and he and Barbara were hugged up for the rest of the night. Being young and in love, I later understood Barbara's position but that night Shirley and I were like..........wtf?! LOL