PDA

View Full Version : Criticism from People About D.R. Being Picky About Interview Questions

test

Koach
08-23-2013, 10:01 AM
I know that certain people on here are critical about Diana Ross being picky about which questions can be asked of her during interviews. Can you blame her, though? She knows that those interviewers would grill her with intrusive questions about her relationship with the Supremes and others. I just don't understand people not understanding her reasoning.

soulster
08-23-2013, 10:10 AM
I don't understand this obsession with all things Diana Ross around here.

Carry on...:)

jobeterob
08-23-2013, 10:48 AM
I don't understand this obsession with all things Diana Ross around here.

Carry on...:)

She made it big; she made it into the movies; she's lasted; she attracts crowds and the press and has through three generations.

And then on this Forum, you throw in a completely obsessed anti Ross gadfly.

And then you get what we have.

smark21
08-23-2013, 08:40 PM
Most stars with publicists set conditions and limits on what can be asked in interviews. What I find annoying about most Diana Ross interviews is that she doesn’t provide interesting answers or insights to questions that are asked of her. At best she comes off as dull and prone to cliche; at worse, she comes off as shallow and superficial. I suppose some of this can be traced back to her Motown training in the 60s where artists were taught to be non-controversial and non revealing in interviews; Ross learned well. However, she can sometimes give a good interview, such as parts of Inside the Actors Studio in 07 in the segments where she was asked about her preparation work as she took on her acting roles. So maybe what she needs to do is grant interviews to people who are well prepared and well informed and can engage her about her work as a singer, performer and actor?

jillfoster
08-23-2013, 09:24 PM
She made it big; she made it into the movies; she's lasted; she attracts crowds and the press and has through three generations.

Too bad she's not on the charts anymore like CHER IS.

vgalindo
08-23-2013, 10:33 PM
Too bad she's not on the charts anymore like CHER IS.
Well she hasn't had any new material released. Her last album "I love you" was the highest debut of that week on the billboard album charts. It hit at #32.... So she still does hit the charts when she has new material.

soulster
08-23-2013, 10:38 PM

And then on this Forum, you throw in a completely obsessed anti Ross gadfly.

And then you get what we have. I ain't obsessed with hating her. I just fail to understand the obsession with her, or any other artist a fan may have.

I love the music first.

marv2
08-23-2013, 11:59 PM
Well she hasn't had any new material released. Her last album "I love you" was the highest debut of that week on the billboard album charts. It hit at #32.... So she still does hit the charts when she has new material.

Yeah but that was set up so that it was not released until after the holiday season when hardly any new albums/cds are released to compete. She charted by default, no big deal whatsoever.

thomas96
08-24-2013, 12:13 AM
I ain't obsessed with hating her. I just fail to understand the obsession with her, or any other artist a fan may have.

I love the music first.

I agree. Why does any fan care about any artist's personal life? You don't know them personally so what does any of that matter? How does the Supremes' relationships behind the curtain affect any fans' lives? I love the artists as artists and love their art, but could care less who they were married to, were mean to, or whatever.

vgalindo
08-24-2013, 01:47 AM
Yeah but that was set up so that it was not released until after the holiday season when hardly any new albums/cds are released to compete. She charted by default, no big deal whatsoever.

Anytime you hit the top 40 it is a big deal. If it were Mary Wilson you would have acted as if it was the biggest thing in the world. And don't tell me otherwise! Lol

soulster
08-24-2013, 07:27 AM
I agree. Why does any fan care about any artist's personal life? You don't know them personally so what does any of that matter? How does the Supremes' relationships behind the curtain affect any fans' lives? I love the artists as artists and love their art, but could care less who they were married to, were mean to, or whatever. Well, I do care if they are bigots/racists, or just total assholes like Justin Beiber.

I don't hate Ross.

REDHOT
08-24-2013, 08:28 AM
LOL,it's sad,but a lot of these fans take it personal,and they think they know everything about them,and some time they never even met the artist,that they[[fans)are OBSESSED with,sure they have seen these artist shows,10 or 15 times,and there's nothing wrong with that,i just wish people would stop taking it so personal,just because a person don't agree with you,it's not the end of the world.Please stay positive

thomas96
08-24-2013, 02:44 PM
Well, I do care if they are bigots/racists, or just total assholes like Justin Beiber.

I don't hate Ross.

Well that's understandable. I would never go see any of the 'artists' of today like Justin Bieber who are just complete douchebags and don't care about their fans... Even if their music was the best thing ever. Out of principle.

stephanie
08-24-2013, 10:26 PM
You are right V Galindo .....If Mary hit the top 60 he would have made sure that it was an important event! Anything Mary! If Johnny Rivers hit the top 50 right now if I had anything to do with it the whole world would know.!