PDA

View Full Version : Final Supremes' Single Mary/Florence/Cindy Sang On?

test

florence
08-11-2013, 07:22 AM
I know the final Supremes' singles with Diana were in reality her solo with backing singers.

Mary and Cindy definitely sang on the collaborations with The Temptations.

When the dust has all settled what in fact was the last single that the whole group was on?

There have been a few claims recently that it was much further back than might originally be thought.

smark21
08-11-2013, 11:17 AM
Mary and Flo: The Happening
Mary and Cindy: I’m Gonna Let My Heart Do the Walking

ejluther
08-11-2013, 01:41 PM
Mary & Cindy are both the on the b-side of "Someday..." with "He's My Sunny Boy" so, technically, they are all together on the last single release w/Diana. Who knew the "Someday" in the title of the a-side meant the day you turned it over and played the b-side? ;) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/He%27s_My_Sunny_Boy

luke
08-11-2013, 04:02 PM
In and out of love A side but flo remembered being on Forever came today.

floyjoy678
08-11-2013, 04:41 PM
Mary and Flo sang on "In and Out of Love" but their vocals were overdubbed by the Andantes. Now whether this means Mary and Flo are still in the mix I don't know but it sounds like just the Andantes to me. So technically the last single Mary and Flo sang on together is "Reflections". Yes I'm a believer that she is on that song, there's no reason why she shouldn't have been, she was back in the group by that point. I heard that story too of Flo saying she is on "Forever Came Today" but then I found out it came from Tony Turner's mouth and right away dismissed the claim lol. Mary and Cindy never sang on a single together during the DMC era, that's the Andantes on "I'm Gonna Make You Love Me" so as someone else said it would be "I'm Gonna Let My Heart Do the Walking".

thisoldheart
08-11-2013, 05:03 PM
no way are anyone but ross & the andantes on "forever came today"!

luke
08-11-2013, 05:37 PM
Cindy and many others have stated she and Mary on I'm gonna make u love me etc...Flo and Mary quite audible on In & out of Love..
Cindy quite audible on I'm gonna make..

franjoy56
08-12-2013, 08:48 PM
I can't see why Mary & Cindy would not be on IGMULM, it was the groups first collaboration with the Temptation why would they deny mary and cindy the opportunity to sing esp on the single, the expanded cd shows Mary and Cindy with microphones on in the studio.

marv2
08-12-2013, 09:42 PM
I can't see why Mary & Cindy would not be on IGMULM, it was the groups first collaboration with the Temptation why would they deny mary and cindy the opportunity to sing esp on the single, the expanded cd shows Mary and Cindy with microphones on in the studio.

Mary Wilson and Cindy Birdsong are singing on "I'm Gonna Make You Love Me" along with Diane, Paul Williams, Eddie Kendricks, Otis Williams, Melvin Franklin and Dennis Edwards.

jobeterob
08-13-2013, 12:35 AM
Mary Wilson and Cindy Birdsong are singing on "I'm Gonna Make You Love Me" along with Diane, Paul Williams, Eddie Kendricks, Otis Williams, Melvin Franklin and Dennis Edwards.

Well, there we now have the Official Word!