PDA

View Full Version : Lord Help Us - More Bushes!

test

jobeterob
10-22-2010, 06:44 PM
GO TO CNNPOLITICS.COM
Latest Posts
TRENDING: Jeb Bush says 'you betcha' about Palin

[[CNN) – Former Florida Republican Governor, Jeb Bush said Friday he isn't running for president, but would support Sarah Palin if she were to run.

In an interview with CNN Chief National Correspondent John King Friday, Bush - whose brother and father are former presidents - said he'd support former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin if she were the Republican presidential nominee in 2012.

stephanie
10-22-2010, 08:45 PM
You know although i am not a Republican there was a time where there were THINKING Republicans in the world [[Gerald Ford, Richard Nixon, etc..) It is beyond my natural way of thinking and comprehension to understand how anybody on this planet would vote Christine "I am not a witch" ODonnell or Sarah "you betcha" Palin into any type of office. I think this "teabagging thing" has lowered the image of the Republican party. At least at one time they had a certain amount of respect now its just a bunch of loonies voting for any and everything to stop bills from getting passed and to put cutie pie face women on tv to raise money. I know the left has its loons too but at least with the women we have an intelligent representation [[Hilary Clinton, Kathleen Sebelius, etc). I even admire the poise and intelligence of Condie Rice this bunch that is coming out now is like the Mickey Mouse club of conservatives. It makes me squirm.

jobeterob
10-23-2010, 06:45 PM
NEW YORK [[TheStreet) -- A new poll is pointing to a major victory for the Republicans in November's congressional elections.

According to the Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll, Republicans are running ahead of Democrats, 50% to 43%, among likely voters enjoying a 3% increase from a month ago.
The poll surveyed 1,000 voters -- 48% male and 52% female -- from Oct. 14-18, and was conducted by Democratic pollster Peter Hart and Republican pollster Bill McInturff.
The WSJ article said the GOP is leading by 20 points in the 92 districts of the House of Representatives that are considered the most competitive.
"It's hard to say Democrats are facing anything less than a category four hurricane," Hart told the Journal. McInturff estimated the Republican's lead would translate to the party picking up 52 to 53 seats in the House, beyond the 39 it needs to seize control, the article said.
In other takeaways from the poll, respondents showed an increase in optimism about economic conditions with 37% saying they expect the economy will get better in the next 12 months, up from 32% a month ago.
The mid-term elections are slated to take place on Nov. 2.
--Written by Michael Baron in New York.