PDA

View Full Version : Chaka Khan

test

skooldem1
08-07-2013, 04:06 PM
Reports are that Chaka has recently been in rehab. Hope she is doing ok.

Kamasu_Jr
08-07-2013, 04:47 PM
Rehab again is a possibility. She seems straight lately to me.

skooldem1
08-07-2013, 05:04 PM
News reports are saying that she recently left her rehab stint early because of dealing with Lindsay Lohan. I wasn't sure of the validity of these claims- if it was even true that she was in rehab let alone the Lindsay mess. Chaka cleared up the rumors and just put this on her website:

August 7, 2013

“To choose to do what is necessary to better one's self is commendable. I applaud Lindsay Lohan for doing the work. She is a lovely young lady and I pray for her well-being. The battle of addiction is a serious and long process, which is why I chose to address my use of prescription medications—which came about as a result of the knee surgery I had a few years ago. When and if necessary, I will seek alternative methods and traditional treatment to stay ahead of any potential problem. So many are not here today, and have lost this battle with addiction. Because these medications are legal, their abuse is often unknown—until it's too late. If not handled they are a silent killer.”

http://www.chakakhan.com/news/statement-from-chaka-khan-regarding-lindsay-lohan-rehab/

Kamasu_Jr
08-07-2013, 07:58 PM
Prescription pills. OK Chaka. Painkillers ...this time. But as she said I have to applaud anyone who decides to free themselves from addiction hell.

daddyacey
08-10-2013, 04:26 AM
CHAKA has been at it a looonng time. Addict's will go from one drug to another. Addiction is not based on one drug or another ,but is based on the feeling of being high. Be it from dope ,herb ,alcohol etc. It's all about the feeling of being high and that's what you have to overcome. Painkillers are just another form of narcotic. The buzz is what you go for. It's a hard thing to kick. The only thing you can do is to face the addiction and keep it in perspective ,which is the real issue to face.

glencro
08-12-2013, 11:53 AM
I tip my hat to Chaka for recognizing the problem and doing something about it. She has made some great changes in her life recently with the healthy lifestyle that has resulted in her shedding 80 lbs and looking incredible. So many others would still be here today had they done the same thing

skooldem1
08-12-2013, 12:00 PM
I question her weight loss now.