PDA

View Full Version : Lala lets Darlene have it!

test

luke
08-05-2013, 11:49 AM
http://www.chachacharming.com/music/the-spector-spat/ There is also a link to lala's facebook post in its' entirety blasting Darlene.

motony
08-05-2013, 01:28 PM
The Crystals did not need Darlene Love or anyone else to sing for them. They were one of the BEST Live acts.Darlene made more money as a session singer then she would have ever made out of royalties.La La was the voice of "Da Doo Ron Ron" not Darlene Love.

detmotownguy
08-06-2013, 01:52 PM
Is there a truthful objective book that details who sang what on the Love, Crystals, Spector music? Thanks in advance. Sometime I just dont know who is telling the truth. I understand that perfomers certainly want to protect their legacy of their original work.
Thanks in advance!

marv2
08-06-2013, 08:20 PM
Lala was pretty rough on Darlene. Keep them out of the same room please. ......

luke
08-06-2013, 11:30 PM
marv - lala said she is going to darlenes show at cutting room in nyc in Sept!!

marv2
08-07-2013, 01:21 AM

She's is going to be up to no good. At the sound of "heifer or heffa" be prepared to get out of the way.......hehehehehehehe...

Roberta75
08-07-2013, 01:32 AM

you precious guys just live for a cat fight dont you? Lololol

Kamasu_Jr
08-07-2013, 08:07 AM
It seems that way doesn't it? The same drama queens who are always into the Supremes mess are naturally here. I don't have an opinion here because Ms. Brooks has her view and Darlene Love had hers. The only one who can explain what happened at that session is Phil Spector and he ain't talking.

Motown Eddie
08-07-2013, 09:12 AM
Is there a truthful objective book that details who sang what on the Love, Crystals, Spector music? Thanks in advance. Sometime I just dont know who is telling the truth. I understand that perfomers certainly want to protect their legacy of their original work.
Thanks in advance!

Darlene Love's autobiography , "My Name Is Love", goes into detail about who sang what on the songs that she was the lead vocalist on the songs produced by Phil Spector. Darlene is the singer on two songs that were credited to The Crystals- "He's A Rebel" & "He's Sure The Boy I Love".

rrussi
08-09-2013, 05:59 AM
Well, anyone can HEAR it is La La singing Da Doo Ron Ron and that it is Darlene singing He's A Rebel. Again, I don't know why Darlene wants credit for something she did not do. She has such a GREAT long resume and doesn't need to claim more.

stephanie
08-09-2013, 01:13 PM
Darlene wants attention I believe every word that La La is saying she does not crave attention she just wants her fans to know the truth.

Kamasu_Jr
08-09-2013, 02:05 PM
Darlene wants attention I believe every word that La La is saying she does not crave attention she just wants her fans to know the truth.
If Lala Brooks doesn't want attention, then why is she bringing up something that happened more than 40 years ago? To be honest, she comes across as being very jealous of Darlene Love and kind of resentful that Darlene is featured in a hit film while the Crystals are only a sidebar or a flashback in the film. LaLa isn't the only one jealous of the women in 20 ft. from Stardom. But you can't get mad at Darlene for handling her business and getting in that film. She hustles and makes things happen for her.

rod_rick
08-09-2013, 06:14 PM
If Lala Brooks doesn't want attention, then why is she bringing up something that happened more than 40 years ago? To be honest, she comes across as being very jealous of Darlene Love and kind of resentful that Darlene is featured in a hit film while the Crystals are only a sidebar or a flashback in the film. LaLa isn't the only one jealous of the women in 20 ft. from Stardom. But you can't get mad at Darlene for handling her business and getting in that film. She hustles and makes things happen for her.

I wonder if Darlene orignally recorded Da DoRun Run and Lala re-recorded vocals over Darlene vocals? If so then what Darlene says is true, she recorded the song.

Kamasu_Jr
08-09-2013, 06:16 PM
I wonder if Darlene orignally recorded Da DoRun Run and Lala re-recorded vocals over Darlene vocals? If so then what Darlene says is true, she recorded the song.

I think I've heard her say that.

detmotownguy
08-09-2013, 10:40 PM
Darlene Love's autobiography , "My Name Is Love", goes into detail about who sang what on the songs that she was the lead vocalist on the songs produced by Phil Spector. Darlene is the singer on two songs that were credited to The Crystals- "He's A Rebel" & "He's Sure The Boy I Love".

Thanks, I will give the book a try and see what happens. They are both fine singers. It sounds like another situation of protecting ones legacy from their viewpoint.

luke
08-10-2013, 10:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz3_8FVLVrA Lala posted this on her facebook page. Dont hear no Darlene. Lala adlibbed the yea yeas at the end.

marv2
08-11-2013, 11:06 PM

Lala just wants credit for her work. She doesn't like it when Darlene attempts to take credit for Lala's work on songs like "Da Doo Run, Run. It's as simple as that.

marv2
08-11-2013, 11:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz3_8FVLVrA Lala posted this on her facebook page. Dont hear no Darlene. Lala adlibbed the yea yeas at the end.

That is definitely Lala Brooks. That is definitely the voice I heard on record and radio.