PDA

View Full Version : Riley Cooper..........Thoughts Please!

test

marv2
08-04-2013, 08:45 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dEQxO8Yuas

Kamasu_Jr
08-04-2013, 09:14 AM
He needs a good ass kicking! He has been excused from all team activities by the Eagles organization - probably to keep several black Eagles players from beating dat ass. Why would he say something so stupid knowing how many n----s there are in the NFL?

marv2
08-04-2013, 10:07 AM
He needs a good ass kicking! He has been excused from all team activities by the Eagles organization - probably to keep several black Eagles players from beating dat ass. Why would he say something so stupid knowinG how man n----s there are in the NFL?

Exactly! I just read where this black man on youtube said that it doesn't bother him at all and that there are too many other important things to focus on.

Could the guy that responded that way, been dumbed down too much?

Jerry Oz
08-04-2013, 10:08 AM
I've had that word hurled at me when I was in a mostly white crowd. To my knowledge, it was two of us vs. 300 of them. He wouldn't have said it if it was just me and him in the room. Coward. Not everybody in the crowd said it or probably would have, but what do you do when it happens? Start a riot? Or realize that they can go somewhere with the use of that word from where we cannot appropriately respond?

In my opinion, nobody should use the word in any context. But for whomever that bastard hurled that insult, it was them against literally thousands of roused up drunken would-be Southerners. The natural response would predictably result in a massive beat down and that sorry son of a bitch knew it. There's comfort in numbers, after all. I'm extremely happy this was recorded and came to life. He deserves any bad thing that results from this incident.

marv2
08-04-2013, 10:22 AM
I've had that word hurled at me when I was in a mostly white crowd. To my knowledge, it was two of us vs. 300 of them. He wouldn't have said it if it was just me and him in the room. Coward. Not everybody in the crowd said it or probably would have, but what do you do when it happens? Start a riot? Or realize that they can go somewhere with the use of that word from where we cannot appropriately respond?

In my opinion, nobody should use the word in any context. But for whomever that bastard hurled that insult, it was them against literally thousands of roused up drunken would-be Southerners. The natural response would predictably result in a massive beat down and that sorry son of a bitch knew it. There's comfort in numbers, after all. I'm extremely happy this was recorded and came to life. He deserves any bad thing that results from this incident.

Jerry that is when you would mostly likely here the word directed at a black person. In a crowd when they out number everyone else.

I had it used on my by a speeding car of white dudes passing me back in the early 80's. I didn't care that there were more of them in the car than me. It just greatly frustrated me that I could not get at their assess LOL! Yeah even at that age I was ready to beat shit out of anyone disrespecting me while I am minding my own business.

Didn't the nearly crucify Michael Vick over some dogs a few years ago?

Jerry Oz
08-04-2013, 10:32 AM
Yeah, dogs that require $100,000 of liability insurance to own because they were deemed to be too vicious to keep as pets. Or as I refer to Pit Bulls "dogs" [[quotation marks intended).

marv2
08-04-2013, 11:14 AM
Yeah, dogs that require $100,000 of liability insurance to own because they were deemed to be too vicious to keep as pets. Or as I refer to Pit Bulls "dogs" [[quotation marks intended).

Ok I did not know that.

marv2
08-04-2013, 11:15 AM
Ok some folks wanted to give Paula Deen a pass because she was old school. What excuse does Riley Cooper have?

thomas96
08-04-2013, 12:15 PM
He was drunk and he's a dumbass... But that's no excuse. He deserves severe punishment for it, but getting kicked off the team... Really. That's just stupid. I bet half the locker room uses this word and other racial slurs towards whites [[such as cracker, honky, etc.) and nobody gives one damn about that. Clear double standard. I don't typically love Mike Vick, but his response to the situation was the absolute best possible response anyone could have. He handled it the best.

marv2
08-04-2013, 12:18 PM
He was drunk and he's a dumbass... But that's no excuse. He deserves severe punishment for it, but getting kicked off the team... Really. That's just stupid. I bet half the locker room uses this word and other racial slurs towards whites [[such as cracker, honky, etc.) and nobody gives one damn about that. Clear double standard. I don't typically love Mike Vick, but his response to the situation was the absolute best possible response anyone could have. He handled it the best.

But there were those out there that wanted to murder Michael Vick over some dogs. I remember the flood of hateful comments during his situation.

Kamasu_Jr
08-04-2013, 01:29 PM
I Would like to think the black man who said Cooper's comments didn't bother him probably meant at least Cooper said what he really thought and did not try to hide his racism like most whites, Italians and other non blacks do. I hate it when some white person tells me they aren't racist when I know they are. If you are not a racist, you don't have to tell me, your actions will let me know.

Kamasu_Jr
08-04-2013, 01:36 PM
Southern whites are very careful not to publicly use that word because of the history of racism down here. The last time I was called nigger, I was up North, riding in a nice car when an old truck with four or five white boys rolled up and stopped next to me at a red light and one of them said it before they sped off. I wanted to chase them and ram my rental into the old funky truck andget my pistol and blast them. But they were punk ass cowards like Jerry Oz said. They get brave in numbers, but don't say shit when it's just you and one of them.

marv2
08-04-2013, 01:57 PM
I Would like to think the black man who said Cooper's comments didn't bother him probably meant at least Cooper said what he really thought and did not try to hide his racism like most whites, Italians and other non blacks do. I hate it when some white person tells me they aren't racist when I know they are. If you are not a racist, you don't have to tell me, your actions will let me know.

Yeah, but I believe it is all of our responsibility to speak up and against this type of thing. I do not like with blacks/people of color use that term amongst themselves, on recordings or anywhere. Sure many times they use the term "nigga" as a term of endearment, but this dude used the word "nigger" in clear fit of anger at one, perhaps two African American security guards. He would never be brave enough to use it one on one with one of those guys or in situation where we did not feel that he was in the majority.

He needs to be punished.......HARD! He is too old to go around saying shit like this. The NFL is 75% black and they need to show him the light.........

Jerry Oz
08-04-2013, 02:25 PM
Nobody gives a damn because they don't have it on YouTube. I dare you to find a video of a pro football player saying it on tape. You won't because whether they say it among themselves is not the point. Saying it in public and directing it toward others is.

And here's the news: There is no word that black people can use toward whites that will be intertwined with hundreds of years of slavery and dehumanization. And that was the context that Cooper's drunken assholery was revealed. Ignorance by black or white people who use this or other pejorative phrases toward themselves or others is never an excuse.

Kamasu_Jr
08-04-2013, 04:07 PM
You said it Jerry. We [[blacks) do not have a derogatory slur for whites that can hurt them down to their soul, the way that word can. Cracker or honky is not as ugly as that word. A member of my former band was gay and had a white boyfriend who thought it was OK for him to call his man "nigga" I gave them both a good cussing out when I heard the dude use that word. I told them they were both insane.

Jerry Oz
08-04-2013, 05:43 PM
I'm tired of hearing people say "they call themselves that word, so why act mad when a white person says it"? Truth be told, I've heard Italians refer to themselves as dagos, Mexicans call themselves beaners, gays call each other faggots, women call their girlfriends bitches, and country folk call each other hllbillies. And worse names, by the way. Let a black man use those words in their communities and see what happens. I am tired of the false equivalency that it's the same no matter who says it.