PDA

View Full Version : Who Would You Like To Thank For The Music?

test

wonder_woman
08-02-2013, 05:46 PM
1. Michael James Kirkland
2. The Intruders
3. Barbara Lynn
4.Bobby Womack
5.Ronnie McNeir

wonder_woman
08-02-2013, 05:55 PM
1. Michael James Kirkland
2. The Intruders
3. Barbara Lynn
4.Bobby Womack
5.Ronnie McNeir
plus:

Marlena Shaw
Sam Dees
The Dells
The Detroit Emeralds

THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU FOR THE MUSIC

Roberta75
08-02-2013, 05:58 PM
Berry Gordy
HDH
Martha Reeves
Marvin Gaye
Diane Ross
Sarah Vaughn
Eartha Kitt
Peggy Lee.

Thank you for the music for giving it to us.

Roberta

thomas96
08-02-2013, 06:01 PM
All the Funk Brothers, Arrangers, and Producers at Motown, and Berry Gordy.

wonder_woman
08-02-2013, 06:54 PM
Jerry Butler

the man omg how could i foget this genious!

daddyacey
08-03-2013, 01:26 AM
I got to go way back to start with ,

Louis Armstrong
Duke Ellington
Count Basie
Cab Calloway
Bessie Smith
"Billie"
"Miles"
"Coltrane"
John Hammond
Quincy Jones
James Brown
Sly Stone
"Minnie"

Soul Sister
08-03-2013, 04:02 AM
Little Jimmy Scott
Jimmy Scott
Legendary Jimmy Scott

:cool:,
S.S.

Soul Sister
08-03-2013, 04:04 AM
Female Vocalist's ~

Dinah Washington
Big Maybelle
Linda Jones

S.S.

grapevine
08-03-2013, 05:34 AM
...Marvin Gaye ...Stevie Wonder ...Curtis Mayfield ...Isaac Hayes ...and Al Green :)

splanky
08-03-2013, 06:25 AM
Scott Joplin,Louis Armstrong,Sidney Bechet,Cole Porter, Duke Ellington,Count Basie,Fletcher Henderson,Billie Holliday,Lester Young,Charlie Parker,Red Garland,John
William Coltrane,Coleman Hawkins,Clark Terry,Miles Davis, Herbie Hancock,Eric Dolphy,Charles Mingus, SUN RA,Earth Wind and Fire, Parliament Funkadelic, Sly Stone,John Lee Hooker, Son House, Manu Dibango, Fela Kuti, Papa Wemba, Aster Aweke, Gigi,The
Temptations, The Delfonics, The Emotions,Shirley Ceasar,The Cookies, Public Enemy, De La
Soul, Rene Marie,Angelique Kidjo, Ryan Shaw,Abbey Lincoln,Cassandra Wilson, The Marvelettes, Smoky Robinson and the Miracles, Isaac hayes, Thelonius Monk, Led Zeppelin,
Fleetwod Mac, The Toys, Chopin, Dvorak, Dr Buzzard's Original Savannah Band, hell, I could
be here all day long...

Jerry Oz
08-03-2013, 03:07 PM
This might be all over the place, but I'll start with:
Ella - Most. Beautiful. Voice. Ever.
Bob James - Underappreciated [[in my opinion) but I loved everything he did back in the '70s.
John Norwood Fisher [[bassist for rock band Fishbone) - I don't deal often with absolutes, but Norwood could be the most versatile and wonderful bassist I've ever had the pleasure to hear.
Luther Vandross - Especially his early albums, every note was sung to perfection. Unmatched in that regard.
George Clinton - I honestly can't explain why. If I was able to interview my idols, I'd pick him to interview first and before turning on the tape recorder, I'd say "Thank you."
Frankie Beverly - Nobody ever listened to an album more than I listened to "Maze: Live From New Orleans".
Grover Washington, Jr. - I felt like I knew the man. His personality was singular. You recognize Grover's sax, regardless of the song or accompaniment.
Marcus Miller - All over the '80s map. Simple, elegant, and complex all at the same time. My favorite musician for years.
George Benson - Per my statement about Norwood Fisher, Benson was so good, I never bothered to seriously practice guitar. He's so far ahead, he'll never be caught.
My list would take days to complete.

arrr&bee
08-05-2013, 10:14 AM
How about god,for instilling in us imperfect humans a wonderful way to express ourselves.

Jerry Oz
08-05-2013, 12:22 PM
How about god,for instilling in us imperfect humans a wonderful way to express ourselves and touch others.
I like that, arrr&bee, but I changed it for you to match what I wish I had said.

arrr&bee
08-06-2013, 09:57 AM
i like that, arrr&bee, but i changed it for you to match what i wish i had said.cool jerry,nice touch!

wonder_woman
08-06-2013, 05:42 PM
Thanks to Lonnie Liston Smith another great artist whom I love to listen to.............

goomba
08-06-2013, 08:34 PM
Russell Thompkins Jr.