PDA

View Full Version : Is This The Most Embarrassing Interview Fox News Has Ever Done?

test

Roberta75
07-29-2013, 02:40 PM
http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/is-this-the-most-embarrassing-interview-fox-news-has-ever-do

soulster
07-29-2013, 11:45 PM
Faux news...there's just no words...

stephanie
07-30-2013, 02:42 AM
As a black woman who went to school and studied Journalism I am ashamed of this. Instead of talking about the book she kept harping on the same thing over and over again and then going to the questions of others. Her mission was to point out that he is an historian and get that out of the way and then go to the questions. The poor man being interviewed had to defend his scholarly position several times. It was not a muslim opinion that was just his faith.

144man
07-30-2013, 07:39 AM
Would it have been asking too much to have part of the interview devoted to the contents of the book? As Jesus is a prophet in the Islam religion, there is no reason why a Moslem should have to justify writing about him.

soulster
07-30-2013, 09:51 AM
As a black woman who went to school and studied Journalism I am ashamed of this. Instead of talking about the book she kept harping on the same thing over and over again and then going to the questions of others. Her mission was to point out that he is an historian and get that out of the way and then go to the questions. The poor man being interviewed had to defend his scholarly position several times. It was not a muslim opinion that was just his faith. It's...Fox! That's what they do. They are not interested in journalism, all they care about is waging a culture war against anything they see as a threat to the conservative worldview.

Jerry Oz
07-30-2013, 10:07 AM
Faux News panders to the lowest rung of intellectualism. They have not the decency to be embarrassed by something like this. It's as if Morton Downy, Jr. decided to start a "news" network whereby he breathes his foul smoke in the faces of his "guests" while shouting them down. Sadly, the people who watch this sham media outlet will think that there's nothing wrong with it.

I'm acquainted with a guy who lives, sleeps, and breathes Faux News, Rush Limbaugh, and the rest. He's actually a smart guy. Before the election, he told me that he was a Santorum fan, that he would never vote for Obama, who was a muslim although he claimed to be a Christian. I asked him how he knew what Santorum's faith was and he said he's on record as being a Catholic. He didn't have a reply when I asked him why he would take Santorum's word for what his faith is, but not Obama's.

These people are nasty, self-centered, hate-filled, and agenda-driven. They know they have many mindless folks in their ranks, so they give them what they want.

soulster
07-30-2013, 10:52 AM
Faux News panders to the lowest rung of intellectualism. They have not the decency to be embarrassed by something like this. It's as if Morton Downy, Jr. decided to start a "news" network whereby he breathes his foul smoke in the faces of his "guests" while shouting them down. Sadly, the people who watch this sham media outlet will think that there's nothing wrong with it.

I'm acquainted with a guy who lives, sleeps, and breathes Faux News, Rush Limbaugh, and the rest. He's actually a smart guy. Before the election, he told me that he was a Santorum fan, that he would never vote for Obama, who was a muslim although he claimed to be a Christian. I asked him how he knew what Santorum's faith was and he said he's on record as being a Catholic. He didn't have a reply when I asked him why he would take Santorum's word for what his faith is, but not Obama's.

These people are nasty, self-centered, hate-filled, and agenda-driven. They know they have many mindless folks in their ranks, so they give them what they want. Your acquaintance doesn't sound so smart to me.

Jerry Oz
07-30-2013, 12:22 PM
Your acquaintance doesn't sound so smart to me.When I said "smart", it's more from the standpoint that he sucks up information like a sponge and will have a counter-point to every logical point I throw at him, even though reasonable people know that it's bullshit. I didn't call him "wise" or "intelligent", necessarily, but the sponge between his ears soaks up every "conservative" talking point that's thrown up by ALEC and the Tea Baggers.

[[BTW: "ALEC and the Tea Baggers" would be one hell of a name for a rock band.)

marv2
07-30-2013, 06:27 PM
That "interview" was ridiculous and Fox News is nothing more than a bad, played out joke.