PDA

View Full Version : Should Diana Ross cancel her Florida concerts this September?

test

smark21
07-25-2013, 08:41 PM
Should Diana Ross cancel her Florida concerts this September?

Should she follow the example set by Stevie Wonder and Dionne Warwick and not play the shows she’s scheduled to perform in Florida in September? Or if the legal ramifications are too much to cancel, should she take time in her performance to make a musical comment about what went down with Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman case, such as adding “Strange Fruit” to her set list?

thomas96
07-25-2013, 08:48 PM
No. Why punish the fans like that? They had absolutely nothing to do with what happened or the Stand Your Ground law. Stevie is immature to do what he did, and Diane shouldn't do it.

marv2
07-25-2013, 08:50 PM
YES! She should cancel, but she will not do it. It would be great if she sang "Strange Fruit" as a tribute to Trayvon Martion [[excellent idea by the way) at all her upcoming shows regardless of location. Her own brother was treated in similar horrible, racist way.

Roberta75
07-25-2013, 08:51 PM
Should Diana Ross cancel her Florida concerts this September?

Should she follow the example set by Stevie Wonder and Dionne Warwick and not play the shows she’s scheduled to perform in Florida in September? Or if the legal ramifications are too much to cancel, should she take time in her performance to make a musical comment about what went down with Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman case, such as adding “Strange Fruit” to her set list?

I dont think Diane Ross can cancel concerts when they are booked and cotracts have been signed but I think adding strange fruit to her set list would be a real good thing to do.

Mary Wilson has a few Florida concerts in next March so maybe Mary can sing another song like We shall overcome at her concerts.

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta

jobeterob
07-26-2013, 01:08 AM
They'll just get a bad reputation for cancelling scheduled appearances. We Shall Overcome and Strange Fruit are excellent ideas.

captainjames
07-26-2013, 07:58 AM
Wow I like the ideas you came up with songs for Mary and Diana to sing if they do decide to perform. That makes a bigger statement than canceling in my opinion.

warehserat2911
08-07-2013, 07:56 PM
Yes singing Strange Fruit would send a very strong message

BayouMotownMan
08-07-2013, 09:52 PM
I strongly disagreed with Stevie Wonder's decision. I understand the reasoning, but why punish an entire state for the actions of a few. It's not going to change what happened. If you are going to be an entertainer, then be one.

thanxal
08-07-2013, 10:09 PM
Strange Fruit needs to be performed correctly, though. When Billie Holiday sang it originally they turned off the stage lights and had minimal backing. It would be a powerful statement. Diana and Mary should both sing it... And any other performer with a conscience.

motony
08-09-2013, 01:31 PM
they should cancel all dates in Chicago, the highest murder rate this year of children. Such a HORRIBLE place.