PDA

View Full Version : Moody Jr

test

masterblaster
07-24-2013, 12:15 PM
Just received a vinyl copy of Moody Jr by Junior Walker and am not disappointed. Just wish this was available on CD to appreciate the music better. Three of the tracks, I Don't Want To Do Wrong , Way Back Home and Me And my Family were co-written by Gladys Knight. Was she especially assigned to this project and did she ever record the latter two tracks?

RossHolloway
07-24-2013, 01:48 PM
Great get Masterblaster. Where did you find your copy? What's the tracklisting?

762rob
07-24-2013, 02:08 PM
Great album! Just picked one up myself!

It was sealed and sounds great on my vintage Pioneer SX 1080 Receiver and Pl 570 turntable...maybe it will release on CD in Japan some time soon.

carole cucumber
07-24-2013, 02:46 PM
What's the tracklisting?

The tracklisting for S-733L can be found here :

http://bsnpubs.com/motown/soul/soul.html

tamla617
07-25-2013, 05:21 PM
Here you go...Track listing for Moody Junior

A1 Way Back Home [[Vocal)
A2 I Don't Want To Do Wrong
A3 Bristol's Way
A4 Don't Blame The Children
A5 Me And My Family
B1 Groove Thang
B2 Still Water Medley
B3 Never Can Say Goodbye
B4 Walk In The Night
B5 Moody Junior

thomas96
07-25-2013, 05:24 PM
Johnny Bristol did a whole lot of work with Gladys and Junior in particular and on those tracks she co-wrote the lyrics with Johnny. Way Back Home was originally a Crusaders' instrumental song, that Gladys and Johnny put lyrics to for Junior. I Don't Want to Do Wrong was originally done by Gladys and the Pips, and was co-written by other Pips. [[I forget which specifically) She never did Me And My Family. I doubt she was specifically assigned to the tracks, it was probably just helpful musical ideas being provided and lyrics, as Johnny worked extensively with Gladys and Junior. I absolutely love this album. And all of Johnny's work with Gladys and Junior. My all-time musical dream is for them to have done a duet album produced by Johnny Bristol and then a tour together. Would have been so amazing!