PDA

View Full Version : Susaye on the Big Screen

test

thommg
07-18-2013, 01:56 PM
Just came back from seeing Twenty Feet From Stardom, a documentary about background vocalists . If you haven't seen it, well, you must. I demand it! In the opening sequence, we get pictures of a lot of the women who did backgrounds including Motwn artists such as The Supremes and The Vandellas. Most exciting of all, though, is that Susaye Greene shows up a few times to discuss various topics. So beautiful and so eloquent.

By the way, my fiend whispered to me, "How do I know her? She seems familiar." I said, "She was the final Supreme." A moment later he said, "High Energy. She is fantastic!" I could do nothing but nod my head in agreement. Seriously though, if you have a chance to see this, do not pass it up. The music will carry you for 90 minutes and you will have goosebumps.

milven
07-26-2013, 12:57 AM
I agree with you. Anyone reading these boards would have a natural interest in the movie. It was informative and entertaining. I was surprised to see Susaye.

The DVD was supposed to come out last week, but they postponed its release - probably because it is doing so well in the theaters. Usually, when I go to one of these documentary type movies, the theatre is empty. There was a nice sized audience when I attended.

By the way, there is a whole thread here discussing the movie. Here is the link
http://soulfuldetroit.com/showthread.php?8900-20-Feet-From-Stardom-Opens-June-14th!

thommg
07-26-2013, 12:51 PM
I saw it in a small theatre but it was packed. I understand that it is opening in more theatres this week as well. I'll definitely be buying the DVD when it is released but can wait until it makes more from the theatrical release. If this does well then, perhaps, we will get more documentaries about the music of my youth.