PDA

View Full Version : The Marvelettes

test

mysterysinger
07-17-2013, 05:23 PM
I don't know whether this has been posted before. Marvelettes Live!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2f345Dz6SY

Kamasu_Jr
07-17-2013, 06:54 PM
Many times, but newcomers may have not seen it. If Gordy owns this why won't he release it comercially?

BayouMotownMan
07-17-2013, 07:06 PM
I gather the quality of the original is quite poor. At some point the sounds is not matching the video quite right

Kamasu_Jr
07-17-2013, 07:12 PM
But I've seen cleaned up or better copies of the Revue.

marv2
07-17-2013, 10:14 PM
I have an excellent quality [[audio and visual) copy of this show. I don't where it was generated from so I have to believe there are other copies of the quality I have.

theboyfromxtown
07-18-2013, 02:48 AM
I watched a VHS copy that the Museum showed at the Embassy Convention in September 1990 and the quality and the synchronisation was excellent. Clearly, the VHS version was a copy since such tapes were not available in the early 1960's.

Kamasu_Jr
07-18-2013, 08:04 AM
The tapes shown at that convention supposedly came directly from Motown and Suzanne DePasse. That's the story organizers told.

reese
07-18-2013, 10:03 AM
The tapes shown at that convention suposedly came directly from Motown and Suzanne DePasse. That's the story organizers told.

I was at that convention as well, but I remember this tape being slightly out of sync at times. That said, with today's technology I'm sure that can and probably has already been fixed. Part of the Miracles' section was released on their dvd, and it looked great.

At the convention, I remember watching many of the specials over and over, thinking I would never see them again. Of course, this was before I found out about bootlegs.

mr_june
07-25-2013, 12:49 PM
How can one get their hands on tapes from the convention [[I'm willing to pay). My 6 year old great granddaughter likes the Marvelettes very much.

Kamasu_Jr
07-25-2013, 01:39 PM
How can one get their hands on tapes from the convention [[I'm willing to pay). My 6 year old great granddaughter likes the Marvelettes very much.
Do you mean video shot by someone of the convention activities or the Motortown Revue Show that was shown at the convention? The tapes shown at the convention were loaned to organizers by Motown. However, copies of the Motortown Revue have been on the collector's market for years now.

thomas96
07-26-2013, 12:14 PM
I'm pretty sure that they video-taped and professionally recorded the audio of all the revues. Why none have been released in full is a mystery to me. Same goes with a lot of the Motown acts on tv shows, especially the Temptations show, and the Jackson 5 shows [[including the cartoon).

carole cucumber
07-26-2013, 12:19 PM
I'm pretty sure that they video-taped and professionally recorded the audio of all the revues. Why none have been released in full is a mystery to me. Same goes with a lot of the Motown acts on tv shows, especially the Temptations show, and the Jackson 5 shows [[including the cartoon).

Somehow this release must have escaped your notice:

http://www.amazon.com/Jackson-Five-Completed-Joel-Cooper/dp/B0084NZEE2/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1374855412&sr=1-1&keywords=Jackson+5 [[http://www.amazon.com/Jackson-Five-Completed-Joel-Cooper/dp/B0084NZEE2/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1374855412&sr=1-1&keywords=Jackson+5)

mr_june
07-26-2013, 01:59 PM
Do you mean video shot by someone of the convention activities or the Motortown Revue Show that was shown at the convention? The tapes shown at the convention were loaned to organizers by Motown. However, copies of the Motortown Revue have been on the collector's market for years now.

Hi Kamasu, I mean the Motortown Revue Show videos. Is there a list of artist who performed at it? I've never seen these before and if possible would like to have copies.