PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday to Dr Martha Reeves who turn 72 tomorrow.

test

Roberta75
07-17-2013, 03:01 PM
Wishing the First lady of motown Records and my queen Dr Martha Reeves a very happy birthday tomorrow. Miss Martha will be 72 but look 42. Shes the most beautiful and talented performer to ever come out of Motown records.

I love you.

Roberta

daviddesper
07-17-2013, 11:38 PM
Happy Birthday to one of the greatest!

smark21
07-18-2013, 07:55 AM
Happy Birthday Martha Reeves!

smark21
07-18-2013, 08:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17yfqxoSTFM

woodward
07-18-2013, 08:43 AM
The USA Africa Journal recently photographed Berry and Claudette and stated that Berry had named Claudette the FIRST LADY OF MOTOWN. A lot of sources differ and say that Mary Wells was the First Lady of Motown, but it appears that Roberta disagrees with the masses. What source of information does Roberta have that nobody else has? I wholeheartedly agree with all Roberta has praised Martha for, but let's give credit where credit is due. Let's have factual information, not someones personal thoughts on Martha.

Roberta75
07-18-2013, 09:30 AM
The USA Africa Journal recently photographed Berry and Claudette and stated that Berry had named Claudette the FIRST LADY OF MOTOWN. A lot of sources differ and say that Mary Wells was the First Lady of Motown, but it appears that Roberta disagrees with the masses. What source of information does Roberta have that nobody else has? I wholeheartedly agree with all Roberta has praised Martha for, but let's give credit where credit is due. Let's have factual information, not someones personal thoughts on Martha.

Dr Martha Reeves is the first Lady of motown Records and the queen of Motown and the best singer ever to come out of Motown Records and the greatest star to come out from Motown records imo and thats what I believe and thats what im sticking to. Its also Dr. Marthas birthday today and im praying she has a blessed and beautiful day cause she deserve it. i love Martha reeves.

Respectfully.

Roberta

Roberta75
07-18-2013, 09:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17yfqxoSTFM

Thank you smark21 this video also makes me smile.

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta

Roberta75
07-18-2013, 09:35 AM
Today I pray to God that every path you take becomes free of obstacles, every step you take becomes elevated towards success and every breath you takes bring you closer to the peace of heavens. With these wishes, may you usher in a special new year in your life. Happy Birthday to the First Lady of Motown Records Dr Martha Reeves.

With love and admiration.

Roberta

REDHOT
07-18-2013, 09:53 AM
Happy B-Day Miss Martha Reeves,here's hopin' you have The Best Birthday ever.

rrussi
07-18-2013, 02:32 PM
Happy Day, my dear Martha--I sent u an email; posted on facebook. Have a great day! God Bless You always.

motony
07-18-2013, 02:44 PM
Happy Birthday dear, sweet, Martha...wow, we been friends since Nov. 1962...when I recover maybe we can come to Detroit.

marv2
07-18-2013, 06:21 PM
Happy Birthday to Ms. Martha Reeves!

smark21
07-18-2013, 08:31 PM
Woodward, you really shouldn’t take all this “First Lady of Motown” talk so seriously. It’s PR and a show of fan love when the title is applied to whomever. In the larger frame of things, it doesn’t matter. So why are you so worked up if Roberta considers Martha Reeves the First Lady of Motown? It’s her right as a fan and a person to deem whomever she wants as First Lady of Motown just as you have a right to think someone else should hold what is ultimately an honorary title. It’s not an official position with duties and responsibilities for running Motown in 2013.

JL2648
07-18-2013, 08:50 PM
Woodward, you really shouldn’t take all this “First Lady of Motown” talk so seriously. It’s PR and a show of fan love when the title is applied to whomever. In the larger frame of things, it doesn’t matter. So why are you so worked up if Roberta considers Martha Reeves the First Lady of Motown? It’s her right as a fan and a person to deem whomever she wants as First Lady of Motown just as you have a right to think someone else should hold what is ultimately an honorary title. It’s not an official position with duties and responsibilities for running Motown in 2013.

Claudette is the First Lady of Motown. Period. To attempt to give someone else that honor is disrespectful.

smark21
07-18-2013, 09:29 PM
Claudette is the First Lady of Motown. Period. To attempt to give someone else that honor is disrespectful.

May I ask for your reasoning on this? I’m trying to understand why anyone would get so angry and worked up on such a matter.

Roberta75
07-18-2013, 10:08 PM

Thank you smark21. Dr Martha Reeves was is and always will be the First Lady of Motown imo and the best voice to ever come out of Motown Record and the best ambassador for Motown Records and a lady and a legend.

Happy Birthday Dr Martha Reeves. God knew what He was doing when He made you cause He knew that the world needed someone uniquely wonderful and talented and beautiful and kind and blessed,

With love and respect.

Roberta

detmotownguy
07-18-2013, 10:59 PM
Happy birthday Martha Reeves! You are one on the nicest people in Detroit. I fondly remember all the times you stop and talked in Renaissance Center when your car was waiting for you.

JL2648
07-19-2013, 06:45 AM
May I ask for your reasoning on this? I’m trying to understand why anyone would get so angry and worked up on such a matter.

Smirk, sure...first, I'm not angry and I apologize if it came across this way. I see now that the poster has now indicated "imo" regarding the claim that Martha is the First Lady of Motown. In that case I have no issue. But that hasn't been the case before with this poster and her statements come across as stating "fact". The concern is that when a "fact" is repeated over and over at least some will believe that it is the truth. Berry has made it clear that Claudette is the First Lady. Believe it or not, I like Martha...I just want to make sure the record is straight here.

Jeff

Methuselah2
07-19-2013, 04:15 PM
Jeff, I'm with you--view-wise, position-wise, Claudette-wise.

But in the final analysis, the actual First Lady of Motown just might be:

Raynoma Mayberry Liles Gordy Singleton

http://faac.us/adf/messages/188095/187728.jpg

Roberta75
07-19-2013, 04:57 PM
And who keeps the Motown legacy alive today? Well i can tell you who does and thats the First Lady of Motown Records Dr Martha Reeves.

Who takes care of Mrs Powell and look after her when shes ill? Well i can tell you who does and thats the First Lady of Motown Records Dr Martha Reeves.

Who always headline any Motown Revue or motown tour? Well i can tell you who does and thats the First Lady of Motown Records Dr Martha Reeves.

Whos the first artist they talk to about Motopwn records? Well i can tell you who does and thats the First Lady of Motown Records Dr Martha Reeves.

Whos always at the Motown Museum in Detroit and take people on personally guided tours of studio A? Well i can tell you who does and thats the First Lady of Motown Records Dr Martha Reeves.

Dr Martha Reeves is the true First Lady of Motown Records and Dr Martha Reeves has earned that title.

Roberat

Roberta75
07-19-2013, 04:58 PM

You tell it like it is smark12.

Thank you kindly.

Roberta