PDA

View Full Version : V-P Biden and Congress finds it hard to top Mary Wilson

test

luke
07-11-2013, 11:21 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/mary-wilson-sings-ceremony-feting-rep-dingell-210816538.html Here's silly Mary playing another hick venue out in nowhere land. Actually I think it's praiseworthy she will play where people want to see her. From Texas to Capitol Hill.

Roberta75
07-11-2013, 12:04 PM
"silly Mary" oh you are so funny. heheheheheheheheheheheheh

Kamasu_Jr
07-11-2013, 03:07 PM
That's Luke's weak attempt at trying to be funny. His idol visits DC all of the time. She has sycophants there who do whatever she wants them too just to be in her presence. They probably alerted the media that she would be there. It kind of makes sense that she would be invited. John Dingell is from Michigan as she is too. But it sounds like he's also a Republican. What is he?

supremester
07-11-2013, 03:40 PM
Well if they are, maybe they just hate waiting in line! hehehehe

Kamasu_Jr
07-11-2013, 03:45 PM
I wouldn't doubt it. They consider themselves Mary Wilson's "A-list" fans. They are the ones who show up to all of her DC shows and once when Tony Turner snapped on them, they told her. I could tell you some of the things some of these A-listers have done for their idol just to get into a show for free.

marv2
07-11-2013, 06:47 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/mary-wilson-sings-ceremony-feting-rep-dingell-210816538.html Here's silly Mary playing another hick venue out in nowhere land. Actually I think it's praiseworthy she will play where people want to see her. From Texas to Capitol Hill.

I agree! Mary should stop playing for a bunch of nobodies. It will hurt her reputation and prevent her from playing more prestigous venues. Never mind the fact that every major news outlet in the country covered this performance on Capital Hill, it should be sooooooooo beneath her!

Kamasu_Jr
07-11-2013, 06:59 PM
I only saw this here on the forum. There was no mention of it on CNN, CBS, ABC or NBC. If there was any coverage I missed them.

marv2
07-11-2013, 07:20 PM
It was shown every hour that day on CNN, on MSNBC's Hardball with Chris Matthews twice that day, on all the major network nightly news that day,. NPR, Yahoo, USA Today etc, etc, Here's CBS' News coverage here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJBSJqDFfkU

Kamasu_Jr
07-11-2013, 07:31 PM
I was/probably busy doing something else that day.

marv2
07-11-2013, 07:38 PM
Mary Wilson is the bomb! Not many other singers of her generation can get this great of media coverage.......unless they explode in a restaurant or generally
acting like a fool in public.

Kamasu_Jr
07-11-2013, 07:41 PM
This happened last month. It's old. I thought it happened this week. I shoulda known if Luke brought it up.

smark21
07-11-2013, 09:19 PM
It was last month. But given how Supremes fans like to rehash events from 50 years ago, all considering the launch of this thread is a sign that a Supremes fan can be engaged with an event from this decade, so that’s progress.

As for the event, it was a ceremony to honor John Dingell, Democratic Congressman from suburban Detroit for reaching a milestone of being the longest serving member of the House of Representatives as he has been in office since the late 50s, when Eisenhower was President. John’s father held the same seat until his death when his son took over so the seat has been in the Dingell family since the New Deal era. IN the 90s when Michigan lost Congressional seats, my district that I lived in at the time [[ I was in Ann Arbor then) was merged with Dingell’s. He beat my Representative in the primary which was a shame as she was much more progressive than Dingell who was a UAW Dinosaur. I wonder if he’s finally going to retire?

Kamasu_Jr
07-11-2013, 09:51 PM
It was last month. But given how Supremes fans like to rehash events from 50 years ago, all considering the launch of this thread is a sign that a Supremes fan can be engaged with an event from this decade, so that’s progress.

As for the event, it was a ceremony to honor John Dingell, Democratic Congressman from suburban Detroit for reaching a milestone of being the longest serving member of the House of Representatives as he has been in office since the late 50s, when Eisenhower was President. John’s father held the same seat until his death when his son took over so the seat has been in the Dingell family since the New Deal era. IN the 90s when Michigan lost Congressional seats, my district that I lived in at the time [[ I was in Ann Arbor then) was merged with Dingell’s. He beat my Representative in the primary which was a shame as she was much more progressive than Dingell who was a UAW Dinosaur. I wonder if he’s finally going to retire?
Gosh, he's been in office since Eisenhower was president? Hell, Mary Wilson probably met him when she was with Diana and Florence.

luke
07-12-2013, 09:07 AM
Now Marv youre getting a little wild. The president wasnt there. Just a little nothing gig in the nation's capital with silly ol Congressional leaders. [[Actually Mary is a superstar now. As big if not bigger than some other people you may have heard of!)

Kamasu_Jr
07-12-2013, 09:24 AM
Yeah, Mary Wilson's name is often mentioned along with Aretha, Madonna, Mariah, Streisand, hell even J- Lo. Superstar? In what altered universe? Ha!

marv2
07-12-2013, 01:29 PM
Now Marv youre getting a little wild. The president wasnt there. Just a little nothing gig in the nation's capital with silly ol Congressional leaders. [[Actually Mary is a superstar now. As big if not bigger than some other people you may have heard of!)

I know Luke. Maybe I need to calm down some. Anyway, here Mary is performing for the President [[Clinton) at the White House during the Millineium New Year's Eve celebration. Two hours non-stop of Mary Wilson rocking that old place! LOL!

marv2
07-12-2013, 01:35 PM
But then she had the nerve to come back a few years later and teach Hillary, "Stop In the Name of Love"! Mary needs to learn to stop hanging around with these nobodies........

smark21
07-12-2013, 08:16 PM
I’m sure one reason why Mary was booked for this [[beside being a one time resident of Michigan and associated with Motown) was because I’m sure they only had so much money allotted to pay for entertainment and Mary’s fee fit the budget.

Kamasu_Jr
07-12-2013, 08:35 PM
I’m sure one reason why Mary was booked for this [[beside being a one time resident of Michigan and associated with Motown) was because I’m sure they only had so much money allotted to pay for entertainment and Mary’s fee fit the budget. Where have I heard that before?;)

jobeterob
07-12-2013, 09:48 PM
Where have I heard that before?;)

Mary so often attaches herself to the wrong train. I wonder why she supported Hilary Clinton instead of Barack Obama.

luke
07-13-2013, 10:37 AM
Now Marv come on. Clinton no longer president and Hillary is only rumored to running. So they were really sort of lame gigs.

marv2
07-13-2013, 05:08 PM
Now Marv come on. Clinton no longer president and Hillary is only rumored to running. So they were really sort of lame gigs.

I know what you mean. Throw in that one at the Vactican for Pope John Paul II [[ who should be declared a Saint any moment now.....) and you summize the type of lame, hum-drum gigs that Mary Wilson gets! Why Obama invited her TWICE to the Inauguration Balls is beyond me.......

luke
07-13-2013, 05:23 PM
Hmmm do you think maybe shes like a huge, respected American icon?

marv2
07-13-2013, 05:47 PM
Hmmm do you think maybe shes like a huge, respected American icon?

I have to tend to believe so when the Federal Government of the United
States [[represented by General Colin Powell) chose Mary Wilson from some 300 million citizens to represent our country around the World as a U. S. Cultural Ambassador! This occurred prior to her being named spokeswoman [[replacing Princess Diana of Wales) for the Humpty Dumpty Institute an NGO/ International Organization to represent them around the World.

BayouMotownMan
07-13-2013, 05:58 PM
My first thought when viewing the vid of Mary with Pelosi, Lynda Carter et al, was...it's nice to know where my tax dollars are going. No jobs, no insurance, no security and Pelosi and gang are doing bad dancing making bad Supremes. Just...BAD