PDA

View Full Version : Jr Walker - Me and My Family

test

masterblaster
07-10-2013, 07:02 AM
Just heard for the first time "Me and My Family", the B side of "Grove Thang" by Jr Walker on TCMS 1972. This is an excellent track and confirms what knock out music he was puting out in the 70's. I would love to hear the whole of the Moody Junior album [[always loved "Way Back Home") and with MAMF, it must be a great album.

Another good reason for releasing all of Juniors 1970's output.

Nothing But Soul
07-10-2013, 04:10 PM
All four of the Junior Walker tracks on TCMS 12A:1972 are from the Moody Junior album, as was the vocal version of "Way Back Home" from TCMS 11B:1971. If Moody Junior never gets reissued, at least we have half of that album on TCMS.

As for all of Junior's 1970's output ever being reissued, I think it's highly unlikely that will happen. Probably the most we can hope for is that a some of his 70's albums will eventually become available as digital downloads.

calvin
07-10-2013, 05:01 PM
As for all of Junior's 1970's output ever being reissued, I think it's highly unlikely that will happen. Probably the most we can hope for is that a some of his 70's albums will eventually become available as digital downloads.

Universal seems to be unsure what, if anything, they'd like to do with the Jr Walker LPs. But I think that, given the chance, one of the smaller labels [[SoulMusic, BBR, Funky Town Grooves, etc) would release these on cd. We've seen releases such as Ozone and the two Motown Cuba Gooding LPs on Expansion Records - surely Jr Walker could outsell these? And Wounded Bird Records did issue Jr Walker's "Back Street Boogie" on cd - I guess they could get that one because it was originally on the Whitfield label.

thomas96
07-10-2013, 06:38 PM
Should do a Rainbow Funk reissue on CD.

Kamasu_Jr
07-10-2013, 07:18 PM
What about buying Jr.'s Seventies output on vinyl? Most times used CDs are less expensive as digital discs.

tamla617
07-11-2013, 05:02 PM
You should be able to get Moody Junior on LP cheap enough. Its underated and worth getting even if you have those tracks on TCMS 12A

A1 Way Back Home [[Vocal)
A2 I Don't Want To Do Wrong
A3 Bristol's Way
A4 Don't Blame The Children
A5 Me And My Family
B1 Groove Thang
B2 Still Water Medley
B3 Never Can Say Goodbye
B4 Walk In The Night
B5 Moody Junior
I don't know where you are but on EBAY UK there is a BUY IT NOW for £1.99 + £4 p&p. Good plus condition .

Nothing But Soul
07-11-2013, 06:12 PM
Thanks for the vinyl suggestion, but in looking through my CD collection, I find that I already have eight of the ten tracks on Moody Junior.

The following are in stereo:

Nothing But Soul: The Singles Disc 2 [["Way Back Home [[Vocal)"; "Groove Thang"; " Walk In The Night")
The Essential Collection [["Moody Junior"; "Don't Blame The Children")
Motown Legends: What Does It Take Win Your Love [["Never Can Say Goodbye")

The following are mono only:

The Complete Motown Singles Vol 12A: 1972 [["I Don't Want To Do Wrong"; "Me and My Family").

I noticed that Junior's Soul Session album [[which I already have on a UK twofer) became available for download on the amazon.com and emusic.com web sites for the first time [[in the states anyway) this month. I'm optimistic that more Junior downloads are in the works.

masterblaster
07-12-2013, 05:06 AM
You should be able to get Moody Junior on LP cheap enough. Its underated and worth getting even if you have those tracks on TCMS 12A

A1 Way Back Home [[Vocal)
A2 I Don't Want To Do Wrong
A3 Bristol's Way
A4 Don't Blame The Children
A5 Me And My Family
B1 Groove Thang
B2 Still Water Medley
B3 Never Can Say Goodbye
B4 Walk In The Night
B5 Moody Junior
I don't know where you are but on EBAY UK there is a BUY IT NOW for £1.99 + £4 p&p. Good plus condition .
Thanks for that tamla617. Just bought the LP from EBAY.

robb_k
07-12-2013, 05:43 AM
I wonder if Ace/Kent might eventually decide to isue them?

tamla617
07-12-2013, 04:26 PM
Thanks for that tamla617. Just bought the LP from EBAY.

Ace! glad to help.

Nothing But Soul
07-12-2013, 05:25 PM
So let me get this straight. On one thread on this forum, the diva worshipers are whining because they can't get the latest Diana Ross deluxe edition CD product fastest enough to suit them, but Junior Walker fans are supposed to be grateful if they can cop some used vinyl. Do I have this right?

tamla617
07-12-2013, 05:40 PM
Yeah! Give me vinyl any day of the week! I don't buy CDs' unless there isn't an option, like TCMS, Cellarfull , Anthologies etc. As for whining for a new CD release...Nothing wrong with that, so long as they're quiet!

jaybs
07-14-2013, 05:56 AM
Vinyl does not interest me at all, one time I had 5,000 plus, No CD for me and would love to see more Junior Walker & The All Stars!

Kamasu_Jr
07-14-2013, 10:19 AM
So let me get this straight. On one thread on this forum, the diva worshipers are whining because they can't get the latest Diana Ross deluxe edition CD product fastest enough to suit them, but Junior Walker fans are supposed to be grateful if they can cop somej used vinyl. Do I have this right?
I say Jr. Walker fans should be smart and if they really love Junior, buy whatever you can. Vinyl is still cheaper than many CDs and most downloads. I paid $2.50 for a vinyl copy of Moody Junior that still had the shrink wrap on it. Amazon.com has some good record players. Why be at the mercy of a company that's apparently not sure what to do with Walker's later recordings?