PDA

View Full Version : "Nightflight" Tue Jul 9, 9P-12M ET: Motown Male Solo Artists!

test

midnight johnny
07-09-2013, 04:05 PM
Howdy, Nightflighters!! Hope you had a terrific Fourth of July!! Tonight...I have toasted Motown's Ladies and Motown groups...but I can't remember ever paying tribute to Motown's Male solo artists...so tonight....you got 'em! Marvin and Jimmy and David and Eddie and Eddie and Lionel and Rick....and so many more!! Also...we lost another wonderful soul artist a few weeks ago that really touched me...Mary Love. She had the loveliest of voices and recorded a number of great tunes during starting in the '60's for Modern Records. So I'll be paying tribute to her, playing some of her tracks throughout the show. So join me for this and so much more...tonight...on "Nightflight"...on WOMR 92.1 FM Provincetown and WFMR 91.3 FM Orleans and we are streaming live worldwide in digital stereo at www.womr.org/listen/online [[http://www.womr.org/listen/online)
Thanks! John PS:to get the best online reception on your computer, etc, please bookmark and use this new WOMR address....www.womr.org/listen/online If you use the old address, you will hear the previous not-as-good receptions. Thanks!

sophisticated_soul
07-09-2013, 08:24 PM
This should be a very educational show since I generally don't listen to male singers!;) Except of course the MoTown guys - and Johnny Mathis.:) Glad you will be playing some Mary Love tonight as well. Looking forward to the show. So I'll man-up in the man cave and see you and the gang on the Radiola.:rolleyes:

midnight johnny
07-09-2013, 08:47 PM
See you in that cave, my friend!

Glenpwood
07-09-2013, 08:57 PM
Ready with my wine and cheese to have my airwaves injected with a big shot of Motown Male Testosterone...... See everyone shortly!

thomas96
07-09-2013, 08:59 PM
I hope you play some Edwin Starr, and Shorty Long!

midnight johnny
07-09-2013, 09:06 PM
Ready with my wine and cheese to have my airwaves injected with a big shot of Motown Male Testosterone...... See everyone shortly!

Man UP!!!!! Great to see you, Glen!

Glenpwood
07-09-2013, 09:08 PM
The sax playing on this Rick James track is hotter than a crack pipe:D

midnight johnny
07-09-2013, 09:08 PM
I hope you play some Edwin Starr, and Shorty Long!

Absolutely....welcome, Thomas!!!

midnight johnny
07-09-2013, 09:09 PM
The sax playing on this Rick James track is hotter than a crack pipe:D

You will have to explain...I've never done ANYTHING like that......how hot is that?

sophisticated_soul
07-09-2013, 09:17 PM
You will have to explain...I've never done ANYTHING like that......how hot is that?

Some Like It Hot!:cool:

Glenpwood
07-09-2013, 09:17 PM
Baby I'll Come is on the Surrender expanded

midnight johnny
07-09-2013, 09:18 PM
Baby I'll Come is on the Surrender expanded

Thank you, Glexpert!!!!

Glenpwood
07-09-2013, 09:19 PM

Nor have I.... Whitney taught me Crack is whack... But according to legend Rick would be able to tell us if he were still with us......

midnight johnny
07-09-2013, 09:24 PM
Nor have I.... Whitney taught me Crack is whack... But according to legend Rick would be able to tell us if he were still with us......

Now....I totally believe you!!!

sophisticated_soul
07-09-2013, 09:41 PM
"As Long As There Is L-O-V-E". I used to play this 45 a lot back in the day. Can't believe they left it off his Motown Anthology [[UK). Would love to hear "I've Passed This Way Before" as well.:cool:

sophisticated_soul
07-09-2013, 10:15 PM
I logged in the new way today and yes, the sound is definitely improved. It was fine before but now it is even better. Good job. Thanks!:)

midnight johnny
07-09-2013, 10:17 PM
I logged in the new way today and yes, the sound is definitely improved. It was fine before but now it is even better. Good job. Thanks!:)

Well....we aim to please....it's our business to be at your service! And there's your Jimmy song!

sophisticated_soul
07-09-2013, 10:18 PM
Thanks John!:cool: "Life lands a crashing blow . . ." Such teen angst! I loved it!:rolleyes:

sophisticated_soul
07-09-2013, 10:21 PM
I highly recommend Rich Rubino's show. I even recommend it when I'm not high.:p:rolleyes::cool:

carole cucumber
07-09-2013, 10:23 PM
I'm late, but I'm here. if you haven't already played it, do you have G.C. Cameron's "No Matter Where"?

midnight johnny
07-09-2013, 10:27 PM
I highly recommend Rich Rubino's show. I even recommend it when I'm not high.:p:rolleyes::cool:

VERY gooooooooode!

Glenpwood
07-09-2013, 11:24 PM
Wow great version of Cloud Nine.....

midnight johnny
07-09-2013, 11:33 PM
I'm late, but I'm here. if you haven't already played it, do you have G.C. Cameron's "No Matter Where"?

Nice to see you, Carole!!! I'll play G C momentarily!!

kenneth
07-09-2013, 11:36 PM
Love "No Matter Where." Good choice, Carole!

midnight johnny
07-09-2013, 11:43 PM
Wow great version of Cloud Nine.....

isn't that HOT?

midnight johnny
07-09-2013, 11:47 PM
Folks....thanks for a lovely evening!!! Take good care...be safe!! See ya next week!!!

sophisticated_soul
07-09-2013, 11:59 PM
Perfect closing song, John. Thanks for a great show. Thanks one and all. See you all next time.:cool:

Listening to "Walk Away From Love" makes me wonder. I think the guys at Motown sang more sad songs than the girls did. Hmmmm. Of course a lot of Motown songs were about love gone wrong anyway. It just didn't matter because the beat was so good.:)

midnight johnny
07-10-2013, 08:15 AM
Perfect closing song, John. Thanks for a great show. Thanks one and all. See you all next time.:cool:

Listening to "Walk Away From Love" makes me wonder. I think the guys at Motown sang more sad songs than the girls did. Hmmmm. Of course a lot of Motown songs were about love gone wrong anyway. It just didn't matter because the beat was so good.:)Thanks, Joseph! I know what you mean about the guys' songs...