PDA

View Full Version : Tammi Terrell - Green Grow The Lilacs

test

RossHolloway
07-08-2013, 02:32 PM
So what gives? In the liner notes in TCMS V: 9- 1969 [[page 54) it states that the track Green Grow The Lilacs was cut on Tammi Terrell, yet if I recall correctly her anthology stated there were no other unrleased tracks by her in the vault. Does anyone know which statement is correct?

robb_k
07-08-2013, 02:37 PM
I hope it is true that she recorded that song. I LOVE The Originals' version. And Tammi should have been able to nail it, too. I must admit that I've never heard that she had recorded it.

RossHolloway
07-08-2013, 03:01 PM
@Robb_k - I had never heard about her version as well. It's a really nice song, I hope that Tammi did have a chance to lay her vocals down on this track.

thomas96
07-08-2013, 06:44 PM
I have a hard time believing this recording exists, though I really hope it does.

bradsupremes
07-08-2013, 06:50 PM
Most likely the track was intended for Tammi and then reassigned to the Originals. It doesn't always mean a vocal was recorded.

jboy88
07-08-2013, 07:30 PM
Most likely the track was intended for Tammi and then reassigned to the Originals. It doesn't always mean a vocal was recorded.

Actually, it was meant for the Temptations.

midnightman
07-09-2013, 04:13 AM
I doubt Tammi recorded this.

At the time this was written [[1969), Tammi was really sick and she wasn't recording solo tracks anymore. Just tracks allegedly with Marvin [[though it's unclear if that's even true considering the stories that were going around at the time but that's for another topic).

jboy88
07-09-2013, 03:28 PM
It's possible that Tammi's version of this and Why'd she have to leave me, were never finished. If that's the case, I wonder why they didn't put Marvin's vocals on Green Grow the Lilacs. It would of made a nice inclusion on "Easy" instead of that horrendous version of "Baby I Need your Lovin'" my LEAST favorite from them regardless of who the female voice is.

RossHolloway
07-09-2013, 03:47 PM
I doubt Tammi recorded this.

At the time this was written [[1969), Tammi was really sick and she wasn't recording solo tracks anymore. Just tracks allegedly with Marvin [[though it's unclear if that's even true considering the stories that were going around at the time but that's for another topic).

I think Tammi's last solo recording was done in November 1967.

midnightman
07-09-2013, 09:30 PM
I think Tammi's last solo recording was done in November 1967.

That would make sense... I wonder what year Ron Miller wrote the song.