PDA

View Full Version : Stevie Wonder Live in Brazil - 1970 [[1971) Awesome Concert! Must see for SW fans!

test

RossHolloway
07-02-2013, 04:56 PM
Ran across this rare concert video of SW in concert in Brazil and wanted to share. Stevie performs an incredible version of If You Really Love Me. Hope you enjoy.

P.S. Can anyone identify the background girl group and the title of the last song that he performs?

http://youtu.be/j0S4AmtCUk8

thomas96
07-02-2013, 05:35 PM
That's awesome, great find! I've seen clips of this before, but never the whole thing. Thanks.

RossHolloway
07-05-2013, 02:58 PM
That's awesome, great find! I've seen clips of this before, but never the whole thing. Thanks.

No problem. I thought there might be a few SW fans out there who would appreciate this great piece. Stevie's vocals are tight, the background singers are on point and the band is even tighter. Does anyone know if this was his usual touring band? Quite a lot of musicians in this group.

mowsville
07-05-2013, 03:47 PM
RossHolloway ....thank you so much for posting this...you have made my evening.

rod_rick
07-05-2013, 05:41 PM
No problem. I thought there might be a few SW fans out there who would appreciate this great piece. Stevie's vocals are tight, the background singers are on point and the band is even tighter. Does anyone know if this was his usual touring band? Quite a lot of musicians in this group.

The background singers look and sound like Terry Hendricks, Sundray Tucker, and Lynda [[Tucker) Laurence. Not sure about the band.

RossHolloway
07-05-2013, 05:56 PM
The background singers look and sound like Terry Hendricks, Sundray Tucker, and Lynda [[Tucker) Laurence. Not sure about the band.

Are his background singers the group known as Wonderlove?

RossHolloway
07-05-2013, 05:57 PM
RossHolloway ....thank you so much for posting this...you have made my evening.

Glad you enjoyed it! I was glued to my computer screen watching the clip. My favorite Stevie period is from '67-72 so this was like a relevation to me.

splanky
07-07-2013, 12:13 PM
Stevie pulled out all the stops for those folks down there in Brazil! Dang, I bet some of them
still remember it to this day. I couldn't place the girls but I'll take rod's word for it. I do know
so many singers passed through Wonderlove it ain't even funny...Minnie Riperton and Denise Williams among them...

RossHolloway
07-11-2013, 12:21 PM
Stevie pulled out all the stops for those folks down there in Brazil! Dang, I bet some of them
still remember it to this day. I couldn't place the girls but I'll take rod's word for it. I do know
so many singers passed through Wonderlove it ain't even funny...Minnie Riperton and Denise Williams among them...

I knew Denise had been in Wonderlove, I didn't know that Minnie Riperton was a member as well. Does anyone know if Stevie ever recorded the group?

no_place_like_motown
07-11-2013, 01:20 PM
I knew Denise had been in Wonderlove, I didn't know that Minnie Riperton was a member as well. Does anyone know if Stevie ever recorded the group?

I remember reading in Billboard circa 1973 that Stevie Wonder was producing an LP for Wonderlove, but the album was never released.