PDA

View Full Version : Jet lagged Diana Ross suffers a Plane Reaction as she steps off flight looki

test

jobeterob
06-27-2013, 07:47 PM
Home News U.S. Sport TV&Showbiz Femail Health Science Money RightMinds Coffee Break Travel Columnists TV&Showbiz Home U.S. Showbiz Headlines Arts A-Z Star Search Pictures Showbiz Boards Blogs TV Listings Login Find a Job M&S Wine Feedback Friday, Jun 28 2013 12AM 16°C 3AM 13°C 5-Day Forecast Jet lagged Diana Ross suffers a Plane Reaction as she steps off flight looking tired... then gets refreshments at Brazil hotel
By Alanna Lynott
PUBLISHED: 22:58 GMT, 27 June 2013 | UPDATED: 22:58 GMT, 27 June 2013
View
comments
It would be enough to tire a woman half her age.
And Diana Ross, 69, certainly seemed to be feeling the effects of her globe trotting as she landed in Brazil on Thursday.

The Chain Reaction singer appeared tired and swollen from her flight upon her arrival in Rio de Janeiro, but - ever the show woman - she flashed smiles for the cameras like the pro she is.
Plane Reaction: Diana Ross, 69, appeared tired and worn by her jet-setting lifestyle as she touched down in Rio de Janeiro on Thursday

Black stretchy leggings and fluffy Ugg-style boots were certainly a far cry from her usual glitzy outfits, while the layering of a black top, white jumper and red coat showed her seasoned-flyer savvy.

In fact, comfort seemed to be the order of the day as the soul singer eschewed all jewellery, simply sporting sunglasses - no doubt to hide her tired eyes.

Not the diva you might expect, she pulled her own hand luggage behind her.
Jet lag: The veteran singer went for a very casual, comfortable look in stretchy black leggings and layers to keep her warm on the flight
Hello Brazil: Stopping to recharge her batteries, the tired star waved and smiled to her adoring fans waiting below her hotel balcony
Thankfully there was a cool, refreshing drink waiting for her at her hotel, which the songstress took out onto her balcony to enjoy as she took in the view.
Waving to fans and the press below, Ross seemed to be enjoying the attention, despite her jet lag.
By this time, The Supremes singer had stripped off her layers, no doubt to combat the infamous humidity of the seaside town, revealing just a loose-fitting black vest top over her dark trousers.

One thing left unaffected by the flight was Diana's trademark black hair, which tumbled about her in wild curls and made her easy to spot.
Ross also removed her sunglasses, revealing a make-up free face and puffy eyes - hardly surprising after a long flight from Sao Paulo, where she performed on Wednesday night.
Phew: Finally the star got to relax on her hotel balcony after the grueling flight took its toll on the aging singer

The hit-maker must be looking forward to a well deserved three day rest before she performs at the HSBC arena in Rio on Sunday.
Earlier in the month, the mother-of-five was seen holidaying with her daughter Tracee, 41, in Portofino, Italy.
Dressed down in baggy blue trousers and a loose blue and ivory-petal smock, she shaded her face from the sun with a newspaper while Tracee strode beside her wearing a visor similar to her mother's.
Diana has two more shows to give in Brazil, before she moves on to Uruguay and Argentina, proving she still has international appeal despite her years.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2350292/Jet-lagged-Diana-Ross-suffers-Plane-Reaction-steps-flight-looking-tired--gets-refreshments-Brazil-hotel.html#ixzz2XSnMFQyg
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

jobeterob
06-27-2013, 07:48 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2350292/Jet-lagged-Diana-Ross-suffers-Plane-Reaction-steps-flight-looking-tired--gets-refreshments-Brazil-hotel.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Plenty of pictures.

luke
06-28-2013, 10:39 AM
She looks pretty good though her face seems swollen. Whats with the boots-arent they for winter?

thommg
06-28-2013, 12:00 PM
She looks pretty good though her face seems swollen. Whats with the boots-arent they for winter?

I think she looks pretty normal. She seems happy in the shots from the balcony. BTW, UGG Boots are very fashionable in LA. Women wear them all the time, winter and summer. I don't get it but they must be very comfortable.

Roberta75
06-28-2013, 12:08 PM

Ugg boots are real popular and great for wearing on a flight as most people over 50 feet tend to swell up during long flights. They are real easy to slip on and off. I have a black pair and a brown pair of the Payless knockoff versions and wear them all the time. You should treat yourself to a pair Luke. Your feet will thank you.

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta

Kamasu_Jr
06-28-2013, 08:31 PM
Why do we need to read things like the initial post? I think it's trivial and a bit obsessive. I respect the woman's hustle, but do we need to have posts on everything related to Diana Ross? If she goes to the bathroom, do we need to hear about it?

smark21
06-28-2013, 09:45 PM
Why do we need to read things like the initial post? I think it's trivial and a bit obsessive. I respect the woman's hustle, but do we need to have posts on everything related to Diana Ross? If she goes to the bathroom, do we need to hear about it?
Well I’m sure there are some Ross fans who would like to know how much urine she leaves in the toilet bowl and what is the shade, size and shape of her feces deposits.

jobeterob
06-28-2013, 10:48 PM
Generally, I'm hoping all the Supremes just keep going..........cuz when that stops they are in trouble.

The Daily Mail or wherever this came from does big articles on Ross with a lot of pictures; it must be a kind of entertainment style paper catering to the old crowd.

lakedistrictlad1
06-29-2013, 05:41 AM
Jobeterob-the Daily Mail is a vile gutter rag that peddles racism and homophobia on a daily basis to the white, middle class, middle aged folk of Britain who really should know better than to buy it. Sadly my parents are two of its regular readers.

jobeterob
06-29-2013, 12:27 PM
It amazes me that there is a market for that in Great Britain; but there seems to be a small market for it everywhere I guess. In Canada, that garbage will not be tolerated anymore and will get challenged fast.

Kamasu_Jr
06-29-2013, 03:22 PM
Sorry Rob, but obsessive threads like this one had to be challenged. I DON'T NEED TO KNOW- nor do I care what Diana Ross or Mary Wilson are doing 24/7 or every hour of the day. Ultimately, It doesn't mean anything nor put money in my pocket.

jobeterob
06-29-2013, 08:56 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2351460/Diana-Ross-indulges-appetite-dinner-Brazilian-steak-house.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

supremester
06-29-2013, 09:12 PM
It takes longer to write your challenge than to ignore it. Now that we all know what you don't need or care to know [[and why) what are Rob and others supposed to do with this information? Clearly you are not suggesting that since this thread is not of interest to you that it has no place in this forum and the members who contributed to the thread are to be ignored or labeled as obsessive [[not that there's anything WRONG with that)........I hope. Personally, I like seeing pics of Miss Ross in her Uggs, pulling her Tumi Voyager carry-on or drinking her diet Snapple on her terrace. I just skip the threads that don't interest me and go on about doing things that do. Send me an S.A.S.E. and everytime Rob starts a thread like this, I'll send you a dollar so that it WILL put something in your pocket.
Sorry Rob, but obsessive threads like this one had to be challenged. I DON'T NEED TO KNOW- nor do I care what Diana Ross or Mary Wilson are doing 24/7 or every hour of the day. Ultimately, It doesn't mean anything nor put money in my pocket.

supremester
06-29-2013, 09:15 PM
Miss Ross does NOT "pooh"......... she has people to do that for her!!!!!!!!
Well I’m sure there are some Ross fans who would like to know how much urine she leaves in the toilet bowl and what is the shade, size and shape of her feces deposits.

Jimi LaLumia
06-29-2013, 09:16 PM
keep it coming.. I want to see it all..no one is forcing anyone to look at Diana Ross threads if they don't want to.. I WANT to !!!

jobeterob
06-29-2013, 09:41 PM
keep it coming.. I want to see it all..no one is forcing anyone to look at Diana Ross threads if they don't want to.. I WANT to !!!

It is just some minor entertainment news. But likely in a somewhat happier vein than attacking gay people or other unhappy rants.

I scan the articles and take a look at the pictures ~ wonder why she wears those boots ~ and why she bothers with the newspaper ~ it's just a waste of time waving it but maybe the fresh air is good.

Kamasu_Jr
06-30-2013, 09:43 AM
IF YOU GUYS want every tidbit of minutia about Diana Ross, can't you look it up yourselves rather than be spoon fed by someone else? That would fill your time. Generally, I like Rob. he's one of oldest forum buddies. He knows I just get concerned about obsessiveness over Diana Ross. It is not healthy. LOL

LuvHangOva
06-30-2013, 06:25 PM
Rob,

Thank you for sharing the article and the pics

supremester
06-30-2013, 07:40 PM
I get concerned about people obsessing about other people's obsessiveness - it's way too much obsessnosity and causes me to obsess about it. Now I gotta go buy Uggs and a Tumi Voyager Carry-On in black.....

IF YOU GUYS want every tidbit of minutia about Diana Ross, can't you look it up yourselves rather than be spoon fed by someone else? That would fill your time. Generally, I like Rob. he's one of oldest forum buddies. He knows I just get concerned about obsessiveness over Diana Ross. It is not healthy. LOL