PDA

View Full Version : Defense of Marriage Act is DEAD because it was unconstitutional!

test

midnight johnny
06-26-2013, 05:53 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/26/supreme-court-doma-decision_n_3454811.html

Roberta75
06-26-2013, 07:01 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/26/supreme-court-doma-decision_n_3454811.html

Praise Jesus for it was wrong and treated homosexual gentlemen and lesbian ladies like 2nd class citizens. The Supreme court did the right thing imo.

"It doesn't matter who you love or how you love. The only thing that matters is that you love, and it doesn't matter what you are, as long as you are good."

Roberta

soulster
06-26-2013, 07:40 PM
And, yet, the Voting Rights Act was essentially gutted yesterday. It's a sad day for All U.S. Americans. Many of those voter suppression laws went into effect yesterday.

Roberta75
06-26-2013, 07:42 PM
And, yet, the Voting Rights Act was essentially gutted yesterday. It's a sad day for All U.S. Americans. Many of those voter suppression laws went into effect yesterday.

Sad day yesterday but real happy news today. This thread is about the defeat of doma. Now i was real upset over the Voting rights act yesterday but this is a thread about the defeat of doma which is real happy news. Perhaps we should start a seperate Voting Rights Act thread as it isnt fair to spoil this thread.

Sincerely.

Roberta

Jerry Oz
06-26-2013, 07:56 PM
The Voting Rights decision saddened me. One more thing that Justice Thomas can use to show everybody that he loves sucking conservative penis more than objectively viewing the Constitution. Bravo, boy. Maybe they'll let you come into the country club through the front door now.

Naaaahhh... Not even now.

soulster
06-26-2013, 09:43 PM
GAY marriage! Oh, where is the outrage on this forum? Where? ;)

Jerry Oz
06-27-2013, 12:22 AM
GAY marriage! Oh, where is the outrage on this forum? Where? ;)
Soulster, they are out paying for their marriage licenses and do not have time post.

drlorne
06-27-2013, 12:12 PM
It's been over 10 years in Canada, now that all provinces and territories and the federal government recognize the same sex marriages and long term relationships and the rights and responsibilities that go along with it. Rights and protections are important for everyone.

Jerry Oz
06-27-2013, 12:33 PM
It's been over 10 years in Canada, now that all provinces and territories and the federal government recognize the same sex marriages and long term relationships and the rights and responsibilities that go along with it. Rights and protections are important for everyone.
Well, you guys have it all wrong. Here in America, we recognize the right of anyone to keep and bear arms, even to the point that people who are unable to responsibly own them obtain them for all manner of illegal ends. Tens of thousands of murders aren't as important as our narrowly-interpreted Constitution. However, we do recognize that there are a couple of hundred fraudulent voters who cast ballots every four years in the presidential elections, so if we have to disenfranchise tens of thousands of legitimate electors to keep that few from influencing the election [[sarcasm intended), then so be it! You Canucks need to get your priorities right.

Roberta75
06-27-2013, 03:33 PM

Its real obvious to me that homosexual gentlemen and lesbian ladies should have had the right to marry the partner that they love just like hetrosexual men and ladies. I was real happy with the Supreme court ruling yesterday. Whoopi Goldberg said it best years ago when she said on the view If you dont agree with gay marriage then dont marry a gay. Its that simple folks. Ive said it before and ill say it again tolerance and acceptance is Gods way.

""It doesn't matter who you love or how you love. The only thing that matters is that you love, and it doesn't matter what you are, as long as you are good."

My pastor is prepared to marry my gay nephew and his boyfried when they decide to marry and Aunt Roberta will be standing proudly beside them.

Roberta

soulster
06-27-2013, 03:55 PM
Well, you guys have it all wrong. Here in America, we recognize the right of anyone to keep and bear arms, even to the point that people who are unable to responsibly own them obtain them for all manner of illegal ends. Tens of thousands of murders aren't as important as our narrowly-interpreted Constitution. However, we do recognize that there are a couple of hundred fraudulent voters who cast ballots every four years in the presidential elections, so if we have to disenfranchise tens of thousands of legitimate electors to keep that few from influencing the election [[sarcasm intended), then so be it! You Canucks need to get your priorities right.
Man! You're on a roll!:cool:

soulster
06-27-2013, 03:59 PM
Its real obvious to me that homosexual gentlemen and lesbian ladies should have had the right to marry the partner that they love just like hetrosexual men and ladies. I was real happy with the Supreme court ruling yesterday. Whoopi Goldberg said it best years ago when she said on the view If you dont agree with gay marriage then dont marry a gay. Its that simple folks. Ive said it before and ill say it again tolerance and acceptance is Gods way.

""It doesn't matter who you love or how you love. The only thing that matters is that you love, and it doesn't matter what you are, as long as you are good."

My pastor is prepared to marry my gay nephew and his boyfried when they decide to marry and Aunt Roberta will be standing proudly beside them.

Roberta
I know a few gays/lesbians who married straight back in those "good 'ol 80s", the time of Jerry Falwell and Ronald Reagan. What good did that do anyone? It hurt the person they married because it was under false pretenses, and if there were kids involved, they had to deal with a divorce and embarrassment.

I think the positive thing this ruling does is encourage people to come out of the closet and not live lies just because society tells them what they want is wrong.

I am straight, but I support humans being able to make the choices that's right for them.

Roberta75
06-27-2013, 04:17 PM
I know a few gays/lesbians who married straight back in those "good 'ol 80s", the time of Jerry Falwell and Ronald Reagan. What good did that do anyone? It hurt the person they married because it was under false pretenses, and if there were kids involved, they had to deal with a divorce and embarrassment.

I think the positive thing this ruling does is encourage people to come out of the closet and not live lies just because society tells them what they want is wrong.

I am straight, but I support humans being able to make the choices that's right for them.

Great posting soulster and like you im also straight but I fully support marriage equality for all. What I find real hypocritical is when you have folks like draft dodger Rush Limbaugh holling on and on about upholding traditional marriage and marriage is between one man and one woman when Limbaughs now on his 4th marriage.

Best to you.

Roberta

marv2
06-28-2013, 07:38 AM

Jerry you nailed ! I vote in every election that I can. I always think about those that fought and died so that I and everyone else good excersize our franchise.

Clarence Thomas is a jerk from the word Go!

soulster
06-28-2013, 03:06 PM
Clarence Thomas is a jerk from the word Go!
And, he participates in his wife's tea-bagger activities. he should be kicked off the Supreme Court for all his conflict of interests.

Jerry Oz
06-28-2013, 06:35 PM
Clarence Thomas went for years on SCOTUS without asking a single question, which is unprecedented. He was the deciding vote on Citizens United, after he spoke before the group in favor of their cause before their case was heard. He is an activist, not a jurist.

marv2
06-28-2013, 08:02 PM
And, he participates in his wife's tea-bagger activities. he should be kicked off the Supreme Court for all his conflict of interests.

I remember that now! They looked the other way when it was discovered that he spoke at some of his wife's tea party gatherings. That was a total conflict of interest and he should be ashamed.

marv2
06-28-2013, 08:03 PM
Clarence Thomas went for years on SCOTUS without asking a single question, which is unprecedented. He was the deciding vote on Citizens United, after he spoke before the group in favor of their cause before their case was heard. He is an activist, not a jurist.

He is also a first class, grade A, asshole........!