PDA

View Full Version : RIP Michael

test

thomas96
06-25-2013, 02:03 PM
Four years ago today we lost Michael Jackson. Seems like just yesterday... RIP

R. Mark Desjardins
06-25-2013, 05:47 PM
I've just returned from a three week visit to Los Angeles, and while in the downtown edge I found myself on the platform of the metro train to Long Beach. That stop, just before the underground tunnel, faces the Staples Centre, where his memorial service was held. I reflected back on that day, and miss the energy of his music more than ever.

marv2
06-25-2013, 05:58 PM

I know. It's hard to believe sometimes. They doing tributes to him right now on various radio stations I heard.

marv2
06-25-2013, 05:59 PM
I've just returned from a three week visit to Los Angeles, and while in the downtown edge I found myself on the platform of the metro train to Long Beach. That stop, just before the underground tunnel, faces the Staples Centre, where his memorial service was held. I reflected back on that day, and miss the energy of his music more than ever.

Mark. A while back you asked about Motown's connection to Canada or something along those lines. Did you ever see my response?

R. Mark Desjardins
06-25-2013, 08:58 PM
Marv2
Many thanks for the links and my apology for not replying to you at the time you posted. I appreciate your links. Happily some of these programs were saved. I am going to be in Ottawa for a month in July/August and plan on tracking down a review of a Diana Ross & Supremes press conference circa August 1968 when they appeared at the Ottawa Exhibition. As I remember, Diana, Mary & Cindy were all present at the press scrum and they were asked about their thoughts on the Black Panthers and other current issues of the day, and were taken aback about that line of questioning. That article will most likely be on microfilm and is not available online. I'll happily share what I come up with upon my return in mid August.

marv2
06-25-2013, 09:13 PM
Marv2
Many thanks for the links and my apology for not replying to you at the time you posted. I appreciate your links. Happily some of these programs were saved. I am going to be in Ottawa for a month in July/August and plan on tracking down a review of a Diana Ross & Supremes press conference circa August 1968 when they appeared at the Ottawa Exhibition. As I remember, Diana, Mary & Cindy were all present at the press scrum and they were asked about their thoughts on the Black Panthers and other current issues of the day, and were taken aback about that line of questioning. That article will most likely be on microfilm and is not available online. I'll happily share what I come up with upon my return in mid August.

That would be great Mark and thanks. I will be in Toronto and Montreal later this summer. I have not been in Ottawa in a good long while, but I do try to keep up with what's going on there. I hope i can revisit "The Capital" this summer as well.

jobeterob
06-25-2013, 11:27 PM
Evan Ross

13 hours ago via mobile.

To my fam and everybody out there The loss of a loved one is so hard to face,you just want to hide,cry so hard screem so loud
go some where and escape!
But death is something,
we all must go through,
I know it’s hard,
when it’s someone you loved and knew.
Just know now,
he is in a better place,
no more hurt or pain shall he face.
It seems unfair and yes this is true,
but he is in Heaven now

watching over me and you!
God has called him home to rest!!
And he’s being well taken care of
Because God knows best still hard but RIP M.j

Motown4Ever518
06-26-2013, 07:41 PM
I just finished the Jermaine jackson book about MJ, it could be had for under $5.00 including S&H @ Amazon. Interesting take from someone who was there.