PDA

View Full Version : James Gandolfini RIP

test

moe
06-19-2013, 08:08 PM
Yes, I know. Not music, but if you ever watched The Sopranos nobody did it better than Tony! Age 51..........:[[

Roberta75
06-19-2013, 08:26 PM
May God transport James to heaven and may he watch over him in his heavenly mansion for eternity. 51 is young to call someone home but he has his reasons.

Go forth, Christian soul, from this world in the name of God the almighty Father, who created you, in the name of Jesus Christ, the Son of the living God who suffered for you, in the name of the Holy Spirit, who was poured out upon you. Go forth, faithful Christian. May you live in peace from this day forth, may your home be with God in Heaven, May you return to your Creator who formed you from the dust of the earth. May you see your maker face to face for all eternity. I ask this in the name of your son Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior.

Amen.

Roberta

Jerry Oz
06-19-2013, 08:36 PM
This just wrecked my day. Sad news that seems to almost be unfair.

JIVE FIVE Mary G.
06-19-2013, 09:10 PM
I'm saddened and shocked. [[The Sopranos had lots of good music in it, including "What Time Is It" by The Jive Five. Steven Van Zandt chose all the music for the show.)

He passed from a massive heart attack in Italy where he was vacationing acc. to The New York Dail News. James was 51 years old.

My condolences to his family and friends. Thank you Mr.Gandolfini for some of the best television ever made.

May he Rest In Peace...

~~Mary~~

Kamasu_Jr
06-19-2013, 09:13 PM
I know who Gandolfini is or was, but I had a problem with the character he was famous for and I was not a fan of the show and often found it offensive. Still may this man rest in peace.

midnightman
06-19-2013, 09:28 PM
RIP Mr. Gandolfini.

timmyfunk
06-19-2013, 09:49 PM
I know who Gandolfini is or was, but I had a problem with the character he was famous for and I was not a fan of the show and often found it offensive. Still may this man rest in peace.
Can you elaborate?

marv2
06-19-2013, 09:54 PM
I just caught this news on CNN. I am shocked! He and his show were my absolute favorites in the late 90's and early 2000's! I never missed an episode. He was excellent in the role of Tony Soprano. I was hoping that someday they would bring the show back, but that can never happen now.

Well, my condolences to his family, friends and the crew at the "Bada Bing Club" in Jersey. Rest in peace James, ya done good!

Marv

Kamasu_Jr
06-19-2013, 10:36 PM
Can you elaborate?
All I will say is that Spike Lee addressed one of the issues I had problems with in Do the Right Thing. I don't fault James Gandolfini, he was just playing a role.

Soul Sister
06-19-2013, 10:44 PM
May he rest in peace. He was a good damn actor.

S.S.

marv2
06-21-2013, 03:58 PM
I am now realizing, James Gandofini was the biggest TV star in the last 15-20 years!

timmyfunk
06-24-2013, 01:07 PM
Kam, I believe that I know where you're coming from. Probably because I might have similiar opinions. James Gandolfini should be applauded for his stellar portrayal of mob boss Tony Soprano. He earned every Emmy he received. But I believe the problem arises whrn fictional characters like Tony Soprano, Tony Montana, and real life characters like John Gotti are elevated to the level of folk heroes. I have a huge problem with this, even though the Sopranos were a Sunday night fixture during the early 2000's.

There are feelings of conflict trying to maintain the balancing act. I for one love the Wire. It is probably the greatest crime oriented dramatic series that has ever been shown on TV. But that doesn't mean that I'm going to go around sporting an Omar Little or Avon Barksdale t-shirt. When Gandolfini died, I was hearing tributes [[which as an actor he totally deserved) and then I hear the tributes to his signature character, describing him as a good family man even though he cheated on his wife repeatedly. His character was, for all intents and purposes, a narcissistic, racist, homicidal maniac that should never be honored under any circumstances. David Chase, the creator of the Sopranos said on numerous occasions that he made the show to be ultra violent for the expressed purpose of letting viewers know that the TS and his associates are not to be idolized or admired.

This is probably the reason for why I don't watch Mob Wives. I refuse to give creedence to a show that focuses on the spouses of killers [[that could also be due to my allergic reaction to reality shows in general, most of which are a complete waste).

Just wanted to throw my two cents into the equation.