PDA

View Full Version : Kanye West - Yeezus Opinions Please!

test

marv2
06-18-2013, 09:56 PM
I have my thoughts about this new Kanye West CD and it's imagery. I'd like to hear what others think here. This is the artwork:

marv2
06-18-2013, 09:57 PM
Here is the complete CD . In one of the songs he proclaims himself "God". Please comment.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m29g_k6ODE

Jerry Oz
06-18-2013, 11:03 PM
I have no opinion on that. I would probably pray for him, but he does not know my God. I will therefore save my prayers for his fans. Pushing boundaries is accepted in today's society, but there are places that even the most talented "artist" need not go.

Kamasu_Jr
06-18-2013, 11:21 PM
Shaking my head. I don't have any comment. I'm trying to get away from judging people.

marv2
06-19-2013, 12:13 AM
I have no opinion on that. I would probably pray for him, but he does not know my God. I will therefore save my prayers for his fans. Pushing boundaries is accepted in today's society, but there are places that even the most talented "artist" need not go.

Agreed...........

marv2
06-19-2013, 12:14 AM
Shaking my head. I don't have any comment. I'm trying to get away from judging people.

and understood..........!

midnightman
06-19-2013, 12:28 PM
I listened to it once and that's the last time I listened to it.

He had only one really good song on it and two decent fillers but everything else was a travesty.

Kanye was brilliant in his first album and he's never recovered since.

marv2
06-19-2013, 12:43 PM
What do you think of the photo? I hear there are others for this CD that are quite controversial.

midnightman
06-19-2013, 07:32 PM
That's not the official album cover. They didn't have one. It's fan made I think.

soulster
06-19-2013, 07:54 PM
First, of all, if you look at the title of that song, and listen to the lyrics, he is NOT proclaiming himself god. The title of that song is "I Am A God" , not "I Am God".

Second: I did listen to the album last night, and I haven't quite decided if I want to buy it or not, bit it is over the top. That is the whole point. He seems to be having a little fun over all the crap that has been said about him over the last few years. Call it self-parody. That is all.

As for the music itself, it's also over the top, just like the lyrics. It is "out there".

Looking at the responses in this thread, I guess a lot of people just don't understand humor.

That's not the official album cover. They didn't have one. It's fan made I think.
There is no cover for the CD.

Oh, and one more thing: that version of the album on YouTube is probably not the final version. Seems there are a few slightly varying mixes of the album out there. The one on iTunes is probably the final version, and the one I listened to.

Carry on...

skooldem1
06-21-2013, 07:08 PM
I don't think that is the cover of the CD. I believe the CD has no cover art.

marv2
06-21-2013, 07:58 PM
Here's one alleged version of the album cover:

marv2
06-21-2013, 08:00 PM
Here is another.

nysister
06-21-2013, 09:15 PM
Agreed...........

Agreed too!!

midnightman
06-21-2013, 10:30 PM
It does sound like depreciating humor. That said, it's not really a pleasant listen. Not one of those "it'll be pleasant years later" albums either but not pleasant in a not-so-good way.

alanh
06-24-2013, 11:50 AM
Kanye got himself a UK number one album, on first week of release - but selling only 25,400 copies to achieve that position. I'm not sure whether it shows the rather paltry numbers an artist has to sell to get to number one these days, or the fact that despite the controversy, people still buy the album.

soulster
06-24-2013, 07:15 PM
Kanye got himself a UK number one album, on first week of release - but selling only 25,400 copies to achieve that position. I'm not sure whether it shows the rather paltry numbers an artist has to sell to get to number one these days, or the fact that despite the controversy, people still buy the album. What controversy? I think most of his fans realize that there is nothing blasphemous in his lyrics or song title. They also do not care that he has a kid with Kim Kardashian. And, the Taylor Swift thing is ancient history for which he long ago apologized to her for.

However, he does use the "n" word freely.

midnightman
06-29-2013, 02:50 AM
The hype of the album seems to have dropped.

After opening at around 328K this week, he'll drop to around 70-75K according to HITS Daily Double. Soundscan might have something similar [[since that's the one that is used for the Billboard charts). It also may be dropping to No. 5 in the UK.