PDA

View Full Version : Rare Motown photos turned into a book - a dream wish!

test

Calv1971
06-14-2013, 05:55 PM
Further to the the recent discussions with regards to those wonderful rare photos that were on Ebay over the past few months, it would be a wonderful idea if perhaps that some were issued as a coffee table type book, might sound a little expensive, but considering the amounts that most of those photos fetched it still would be well worth it as there were some absolute great ones l would loved to have, as l presume a lot of other people would as well. I remember a fair few Martha,s, Kim Weston, Chris Clark and more obscure ones of The Dalton Boys, Lewis Sisters, Rick Robin & Him [[?) etc etc.
I was lucky to win a few but like with previous comments, am living on a shoestring budget for a while, thank goodness for the reduced sections at Sainsbury's and Asda!
Another thought was that profits of this "Dream Book" could be donated to charity.

thomas96
06-14-2013, 07:09 PM
Mr. Brad Hales acquired these to set up a Detroit Music Museum [[not just Motown, all Detroit music) in which they would be on display. He told me he's only selling some to help break even as he paid a lot of money for them [[I'd bet he's got 10,000 photos, though that's just an estimate). He's also got negatives, acetates, scores, etc. but those are all going in the museum and aren't for sale [[unfortunately). I asked him a lot about it and he's hesitant to do anything as he wants the museum to be unique, which is understandable, but nonetheless frustrating! Maybe if we knew everyone who has bought some and could all scan them and put them together, but that would be tough and I bet a lot of the buyers would be unwilling.

Kamasu_Jr
06-15-2013, 07:57 AM
There are coffee table books with photos of artists. Motown items on Ebay are not cheap and if you really want something, you gotta be willing to fight for it. Some people think they can get items cheap.