PDA

View Full Version : Forum members please take note!!

test

ralpht
10-18-2010, 11:40 AM
I just got back into town and it seems there is a bit of out of control situations taking place. The Tony Turner threads were a joke and I stopped them. Look guys, I'm sick with the flu and I'm a little short on temper right now, but those of you that know how I operate, know I will let things slide for just so long. Enough is enough. Time to return to good old Soulful Detroit civility. If you can't do that then leave. I'll help you do that. I'll be watching as closely as I can right now, so lets get down to some real business and quit all the silly crap. I'm dead serious on this.

abfan
10-18-2010, 11:47 AM
I took one look in the Motown Forum and ran 4 my life.......No wonder I never posted over there.The only reason I even took a look, because some of those members tend to spill their troubles onto the main forum....I never heard of TT.Let it go

arrr&bee
10-18-2010, 12:04 PM
Hey ralph,get well soon.

tamla617
10-18-2010, 12:15 PM
posts#1,2 and 3...............seconded

thats one post we can agree on then!

luke
10-18-2010, 12:28 PM
Thanks Ralph; get well soon!

jobeterob
10-18-2010, 12:35 PM
Good man; nice to see you back. Throw a chair too if you need to.

paladin
10-18-2010, 12:39 PM
:):):):):) man you got me feeling like Bruce Willis.......so cowboy up and beat that flu bug......

ralpht
10-18-2010, 12:43 PM
You guys are making this old sick dude smile. Thanks.

adrian
10-18-2010, 01:00 PM
How about a nice relaxing trip to Wales? On second thoughts .......

Hope you feel better soon, Ralph.

edafan
10-18-2010, 01:03 PM
Ralph

good thoughts

Guys and gals

LISTEN

Keep to the original spirit of Soulful Detroit

thanks

edafan

sophisticated_soul
10-18-2010, 01:09 PM
Thank you, Ralph. Good to have you back. Get well now!:-)

jonc
10-18-2010, 01:12 PM
I just got back into town and it seems there is a bit of out of control situations taking place. The Tony Turner threads were a joke and I stopped them.

Well done Ralph now get well.

marv2
10-18-2010, 01:53 PM
Ralph feel better soon.

ralpht
10-18-2010, 03:22 PM
Thanks for all the good wishes, guys. I think I'm starting to turn the corner.

StuBass1
10-18-2010, 04:21 PM
Something Junior Seau apparently forgot to do!

edafan
10-18-2010, 06:03 PM
Get well Ralph

Here's how to do it.

FIRST ANNUAL SOULFUL DETROIT
POKER PARTY

Participants will be Ralph's nominations
of obnoxious unkindly wordings of stuff posters

not a card game

but real red hot fire pokers just out of the fireplace

edafan

phyl
10-18-2010, 06:59 PM
im new aroeund here but that tony turner and topidiva pisseed me off and i got reallly mad at htem and there wers acouple of opther pepele who pisised me off lsst week. i m sory if i broke the rules aroudn here if youll treat me with respect and you respect yoeruself i got no prolbems with you but if you act nasty it gets me mad i got to tget i t of fmy chest so i can movoe on.

ralpht
10-18-2010, 07:02 PM
Phyl,
Yes you are new here. In the future, if you feel you are not being respected, you tell me about it. Getting things off ones chest on the forum is what, at times, creates the problems.

MotownSteve
10-18-2010, 09:08 PM
Hi Ralph,
Wishing you a speedy recovery.

mark speck
10-18-2010, 09:40 PM
Hope you feel better soon, Ralph!

Best,

Mark

Doug-Morgan
10-18-2010, 09:53 PM
Ralph.....
.....put de lime IN de coconut, you drink em both together
put de lime in de coconut, then you'll feel better......

Get Well Soon!

doug

ralpht
10-18-2010, 11:13 PM
Thanks, guys. Much appreciated.

tallone
10-19-2010, 12:40 AM
Ralph,
If you really want to get rid of that flu, remember the three "J's"........
JACK, JIM, OR JOHNNY.
Works for me.
Now go get better.

ollie
10-19-2010, 06:21 AM
It should be noted that we have a serious Moderator.
SDF isn't a place to bring personal issues too, it was and is a learning place with in-depth information about cool music.

144man
10-19-2010, 06:50 AM
Ralph, hope you're better now. Maybe you should consider having a flu jab next year.

soulwally
10-19-2010, 07:57 AM
Well done Ralph. I never usually read the Tony Turner-linked threads but did yesterday because Dennis Edwards was also mentioned in the thread title.

I couldn't believe how quickly it descended into farce, and how [[presumably) grown adults had nothing better to do than act like children. Grow up or ship out, or spend your time rearranging your wardrobe.

timmyfunk
10-19-2010, 09:42 AM
I don't think I've posted on the Motown forum more than once. Now I see why.
Ralph, get well soon and make it do what it do.

soulster
10-19-2010, 09:48 AM
I sort of got sucked into it because of boredom [[i've also been on vacation). But, I did address the issue, even reported certain posts to the mods. I even started two or three threads about other Motown artists to try to divert attention from the Tony Turner crap.

I also rarely look into the Motown section if I am aware of it.

I use the "new Posts" feature along with tabbed browsing, so I don't notice which forum posts appear in.

Kamasu_Jr
10-19-2010, 10:13 AM
I sort of got sucked into it because of boredom [[i've also been on vacation). But, I did address the issue, even reported certain posts to the mods. I even started two or three threads about other Motown artists to try to divert attention from the Tony Turner crap.

I also rarely look into the Motown section if I am aware of it.

I use the "new Posts" feature along with tabbed browsing, so I don't notice which forum posts appear in.

I think the main problem is you have someone on the forum insulting the intelligence of other members by pretending to be someone they are not. This makes usually intelligent and pleasant people angry and they get testy and nasty. It's like Judge Judy says: "Don't p** on my leg and tell me it's rain." But I agree threads devoted to someone who never sang on a Motown record, never turned a knob in Studio A, never wrote a Motown song was uncalled for.

jobeterob
10-19-2010, 02:24 PM
Two of the best guys around ~ Soulster and Kam.

I love that line - Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's rain. That's a good metaphor for what was happening. It doesn't rain much in this neck of the woods and it's pouring here today; it's gotta be rain!

soulster
10-19-2010, 04:18 PM
I think the main problem is you have someone on the forum insulting the intelligence of other members by pretending to be someone they are not. This makes usually intelligent and pleasant people angry and they get testy and nasty. It's like Judge Judy says: "Don't p** on my leg and tell me it's rain." But I agree threads devoted to someone who never sang on a Motown record, never turned a knob in Studio A, never wrote a Motown song was uncalled for.

Personally, I would ban such people. People with two accounts, people masquerading as someone else, there would be no place for that foolishness on my forum. And, despite how Ralph feels, I would see someone who spells as horribly as a certain new member as a troll. No one writes that bad unless it's on purpose! No one! If you can operate a computer, you can spell better than that. Ahh...but it's not my forum. I'm just a guest here.

This place is called "Soulful Detroit". That does not mean this place is exclusive to Motown discussion. There is a clubhouse where topics of a wide-ranging nature can be discussed.

GeeTee(HPK)
10-19-2010, 04:22 PM
Welcome back Ralph,and I hope you'll feeling better. I pick and chose which threads I'll reply to,and I stay away from the ones that becomes toxic. We can agree to disagree,but sometimes certain folks don't know how to do that,and become very personal and nasty. People seem to forget that there are people that lurk without ever posting a word,and they see this type of behavior. :[[ [[not good ) Think about it ! [[I'm just saying ...........)

soulster
10-19-2010, 04:25 PM
Two of the best guys around ~ Soulster and Kam.

I am not here to stir the shit. I jump into politics, but my main interest is music, especially the more technical aspects of the production process. I started three or four music-oriented threads to show that's what i'm heere for, not tabloid crap.

And, notice how everyone straightened up when Ralph came back?

soulster
10-19-2010, 04:28 PM
People seem to forget that there are people that lurk without ever posting a word,and they see this type of behavior. :[[ [[not good ) Think about it ! [[I'm just saying ...........)

I think they act out for that very reason: they know everyone is watching them. That's the way they get their 15-minutes of fame. Doesn't matter if it's positive or negative.

I would say that in this age of the internet and 24-hour cable TV, it's even harder to get noticed, so the more outrageous one has to be.

GeeTee(HPK)
10-19-2010, 05:47 PM
I guess ... :[[

abfan
10-19-2010, 06:21 PM
Soulster my buddy are u a bit guilty.....slow down..... no one's accusing you soley but yes I did see you over there enjoying yourself a bit.....Anyway it's over now but I do have to agree and laugh

I would see someone who spells as horribly as a certain new member as a troll. No one writes that bad unless it's on purpose!
at your troll statement above

ralpht
10-19-2010, 06:25 PM
GeeTee,
I'm catching up on a lot of things since I got back home. Too bad I feel so lousey, though. But have no fear my good friend. The new forum set-up is a dream for moderating and I'm going on a rampage with the trouble makers very very soon. Slice and dice...slice and dice....

GeeTee(HPK)
10-19-2010, 07:15 PM
Great ! Get well and rest up. :)

moe
10-19-2010, 07:43 PM
Hey Ralph!
Why is it when you come back from Detroit you usually get sick? Think about it.
Chicken Soup will help!!

pshark
10-19-2010, 07:53 PM
Think about all the nasty germs a plane carries
************************************************** ***********************************

May 20, 2007 Dan Florio [[http://www.suite101.com/profile.cfm/danflorio)
http://images.suite101.com/181079_fluvirus.jpg Flu Virus - NIAID

Use these tips to prevent catching colds, the flu and other germs when you fly.

How to prevent catching germs when you fly:

Take Airborne [[http://businesstravel.suite101.com/article.cfm/portable_antioxidants_for_flights). This supercharged vitamin and mineral cocktail fizzes in water and doesn't taste bad at all. I actually like my Airborne a little more concentrated than recommended for a super fizzy sensation. Airborne users need to keep taking the tablets once they start, however, as recommended [[every two hours, for a few hours before the flight, during and after). Taking this pill just once isn't going to cut it. Travelers serious about not coming down with a flu from their flight take heed and follow directions.
Some travelers swear by massive doses of Vitamin C, taking antioxidants, Zinc lozenges or Selenium tablets, or even fortifying their systems with pre-flight doses of herbal Echinacea. Do your research and ask your doctor before you try any self-prescribed herbal concoctions, especially if you are taking medications that might be contraindicated.
Hydrate your body and sinuses. Drink lots of water, hot tea and juice [[and less dehydrating coffee, cola and booze). Arid cabin air dries out crucial protective sinuses, leaving travelers more vulnerable to microbial infection. Steam from hydrating beverages like herbal teas will help keep mucous membranes moist. Basically, just keep drinking fluids all flight long. An aisle seat will make things easier for those inevitable trips to the toilet.
Look into flu shots, nasal flu sprays [[http://www3.niaid.nih.gov/news/focuson/flu/research/prevention/flumist.htm), and other new antivirals coming out all the time.
Try not to fly during high flu seasons or when the news is reporting an outbreak. The world is very small these days - a microbe from New Guinea could lurk on a armrest, right next to you, on tomorrow's commuter flight.
Consider avoiding the most popular international travel routes [[http://www.who.int/infectious-disease-report/pages/graph35.html).
Wear a face filter mask. This would work if people had the nerve to wear them during a flight. A mask could almost completely prevent illness via air droplets, used properly.
Wear gloves. Surgical gloves might be less obvious than a facial mask. This won't provide protection against airborne droplets, but will keep you from touching things and wiping your face.
Fly First Class or Business Class. The better class seats are further apart. This can only be helpful when someones sneezes. Or think about a private jet.
No gloves or masks handy? Try not to touch anything with your hands. Don't shake hands with anyone. Avoid opening the overhead compartment or toilet handles with your bare hands - use your sleeve or a bandana/hanky. If you do have to touch something, remember to wash your hands briskly, with hot water and soap, before touching your face or eating.
Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer - a germicidal gel - if you cannot wash your hands.
Use a travel sized container of a germ killing mouthwash like Listerine during flights.
Wipe surfaces like arm rests, tray tables, seat belt buckles, vent controls and other non-porous surfaces with something like Clorox Wipes. Bring your own wipes and don't be afraid to use them.
Try not to talk to too many passengers in general. People can be contagious with something and not even show signs of illness.
Move your seat, if possible, if your seatmates are sneezing, coughing or exhibiting obvious signs of flu or cold illness. You have the right to protect your health.

The Single Best Way to Prevent Illness:

Live a healthy lifestyle - eat right, sleep lots, prevent stress, don't smoke, and get some exercise. Yes, easier said than done for the busy businessman/woman. Living right will help your immune system do its job. Business travelers would do well to allow slack time in their busy lives to this sort of flu prevention. Remember, sick time is downtime, after all.

Read more at Suite101: Avoid Flu Germs in Planes: Tips for Preventing Airplane Illness [[http://www.suite101.com/content/avoid-flu-germs-in-planes-a21708#ixzz12qsJvYZB) http://www.suite101.com/content/avoid-flu-germs-in-planes-a21708#ixzz12qsJvYZB

ralpht
10-19-2010, 07:57 PM
Moe,
I've done chicken soup. I got sick IN Detroit. Not after I got home.

Shark,
I've done Airborne in the past. I guess I should have this time also.

soulster
10-19-2010, 08:37 PM
Soulster my buddy are u a bit guilty.....slow down..... no one's accusing you soley but yes I did see you over there enjoying yourself a bit.....Anyway it's over now but I do have to agree and laugh

at your troll statement above

Na i woud not spl tah bad as th troll u asscuseme of :)

soulster
10-19-2010, 08:39 PM
pshark,

You forgot the most important thing to do to reduce your risk of getting ill: listen to lots of music!

edafan
10-20-2010, 11:13 AM
I take 1500 mg of vitamin C every day.
I take a multi vitamin
I swear by echinacea, I take 3 or 4 every day.
I don't get sick.

edafan

smark21
10-20-2010, 06:49 PM
I take 1500 mg of vitamin C every day.
I take a multi vitamin
I swear by echinacea, I take 3 or 4 every day.
I don't get sick.

edafan

Fascinating.

blueskies
10-20-2010, 08:21 PM
I've been away from the forum for about a week. Couldn't take the Tony Turner crap anymore and needed a break from the insanity. So glad you're back Ralph and hope you're on the mend. I was thrilled to see that Tony Turner bile deleted. Now, we can get back to the SDF we all know and love. Feel better.

robbert
10-20-2010, 08:28 PM
Let's not stray, guys. Stay on topic. Ralph will get better [[if not very well...) as soon as we prove we can behave ourselves.

I may have been somewhat short fused in a few threads... please, accept my apologies. I can only repeat what I said before [[to them naughty-naughty): get a life.