PDA

View Full Version : The Temptations Revue featuring Nate Evans ............REALLY???

test

marv2
06-08-2013, 05:51 PM
I vaguely remember Nate Evans being a replacement member of The Impressions back in the 70's, but can some one explain what the deal is here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PO3W-GfQeCs

carole cucumber
06-08-2013, 06:29 PM
http://www.turboproductions.org/The_Temptations.htm

Nate Evans - As former lead singer of the Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame
inductees, The Impressions, Evans was specially selected by original Temptations lead singers Eddie Kendrick, David Ruffin, and Dennis Edwards to join the group. Following the passing of these original members, Evans now leads the group with his soulful voice in this spectacular tribute performance.
Much more than a tribute! This show is a musical extravaganza dedicated to the late Temptations... filled with songs from the library of one of the greatest Motown acts of all time...
Therefore, the moves and arrangements performed by this group are a replica of the original Temptations show.
This group assembled by Nate Evans... is comprised of Ollie Bolds, Ritchie Stanley, Reggie Reed and Lawrence Jefferson
http://www.turboproductions.org/The-Temptations-Revue---Live-at-the-Bellagio-Hotel-in-Las-Vegas-2.gif

nosey
06-09-2013, 09:51 AM
At this stage of the game, I'm just happy to see that the music is still out there and reaching the masses.

splanky
06-09-2013, 10:03 AM
The wording there is deceptive...It implies that Dennis Edwards was an original Tempt
which everybody and their mama knows he wasn't and also that he's deceased which as far
as I know he is not...I'll stick with my real Tempt collection, thank you....

marv2
06-09-2013, 10:22 AM
The wording there is deceptive...It implies that Dennis Edwards was an original Tempt
which everybody and their mama knows he wasn't and also that he's deceased which as far
as I know he is not...I'll stick with my real Tempt collection, thank you....

The wording was misleading and confusing. This is what I remember:

On New Year's Eve 1984, Iwent to see Mary Wilson [[& her Supremes) with Eddie Kendricks in concert at the Premier Center. During the show, David Ruffin joins Eddie onstage from the audience. This was the genesis of the Kendricks/Ruffin Act.

Later on they added Dennis Edwards backed by Josie [[?), David Sea and Nate Evans.

After David Ruffin passed in '91, Eddie and Dennis continued on. After Eddie passed, Dennis Edwards went on to form his own "Temptations Revue featuring Dennis Edwards" taking with him David Sea. What happened to Josie is unknown to me. Nate Evans would have been the only one left from the David-Eddie-Dennis group act. For him to go and form an entirely new group to compete with Dennis' Tempts Revue makes no sense at all to me.

detmotownguy
06-10-2013, 03:53 AM
Hi Marv:
I was there also! Do you remember who Mary's background singers were? That was quite a show.....a nice Detroit event. I couldn't believe how many people said, "I didn't know she could sing like that lol!

roger
06-10-2013, 05:16 AM
which everybody and their mama knows he wasn't ....

And DAVID RUFFIN was a relative "latecomer" to the group as well, only joining in 1964 .. :)

I wish they had used the word "legendary" rather than "original".

And of course it is wrong to suggest that DENNIS EDWARDS is deceased.

Roger

marv2
06-10-2013, 08:33 AM
Hi Marv:
I was there also! Do you remember who Mary's background singers were? That was quite a show.....a nice Detroit event. I couldn't believe how many people said, "I didn't know she could sing like that lol!

You werethere? Did you realize it was an historical evening? I didn't until years later and several people wrote about it. Oh Mary's singers were Robin Alexander and Karen Jackson. Everyone went crazy when David Ruffin [[he walked right passed our table) came from out of the audience and up on stage without being announced. That place was packed! I remember Mary, David and Eddie along with Mary's ladies sang "Auld Lang Syne" during the finale. Whew!

marv2
06-10-2013, 08:35 AM
And DAVID RUFFIN was a relative "latecomer" to the group as well, only joining in 1964 .. :)

I wish they had used the word "legendary" rather than "original".

And of course it is wrong to suggest that DENNIS EDWARDS is deceased.

Roger

Yes! So much for coping and pasting from the internet...................

dvus7
06-10-2013, 02:17 PM
You werethere? Did you realize it was an historical evening? I didn't until years later and several people wrote about it. Oh Mary's singers were Robin Alexander and Karen Jackson. Everyone went crazy when David Ruffin [[he walked right passed our table) came from out of the audience and up on stage without being announced. That place was packed! I remember Mary, David and Eddie along with Mary's ladies sang "Auld Lang Syne" during the finale. Whew!

Hey, marv2........How was this a historical evening?????

marv2
06-10-2013, 05:39 PM
Hey, marv2........How was this a historical evening?????

It was the first time in years that David Ruffin shared the stage with Eddie Kendrick [[as a duo) and with Mary Wilson. Fresh from rehab, David sang his butt off that night!

That night Eddie and David decided to team up for what would be the remaining years of the careers and lives.