PDA

View Full Version : Self Book Publishing

test

jsmith
06-06-2013, 06:10 AM
Been working on a soul related book for some time & the writing process is just nearing its conclusion.
Have to think about turning my text into 'book format' soon and wondered just what software is the best to use.
There seems to be loads out there, too much to find the best programme by luck alone. So can anyone here recommend some decent software to use [[much of it seems to be freeware, so that helps).
A lot of the tools available for use look as though they are tied to a particular publisher and I know some such publishers have been known to rip off folk who sign up with them.
So again, which is a reliable outfit to check out with a view to getting such a book published ?

smark21
06-06-2013, 08:06 PM
I recently self published a novel as an e book via Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing. I didn’t use any special software to format the book for publishing. I downloaded for free a “how-to” book on getting your book self published via Kindle. You can find it Amazon. There was a lot of formatting work involved. You do need to create a jpeg file to certain specifications for your book cover. There are also rules to follow if your book has illustrations, pictures and graphs. As my book is a novel, I skipped over this, but rules are spelled out and the how to instructions are easy to follow. Once it was ready, I created an account with Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing and uploaded the cover and manuscript. There, I had a chance to give it one last look over in which the book was displayed as how it would look on various Kindle e reader platforms [[such as Original Kindle, Fire, iphone, etc.) and if you found errors, you can correct any mistakes and then re upload. Then you complete the on line contract and hit send. About 12 hours later my book was up for sale on Amazon. Today, I learned I received my first user review and it was from a reader over in Europe. I wish you the best with whatever route and publisher you choose to take to self publish your book. Once it’s published, you will likely feel a great sense of satisfaction and accomplishment.

jsmith
06-07-2013, 01:37 AM
Thanks for that.