PDA

View Full Version : Anything new on the horizon?

test

justanothermotownfan
06-05-2013, 04:28 PM
It's been a minute since we've seen anything new from Motown via Hip-O Select and I'm wondering if anyone has any news about upcoming Motown releases?

aarondillon2011@gmail.com
06-05-2013, 07:32 PM
I have been curious too as to what the next releases are. It’sbeen considerably quiet this year for Motown-Select releases. Would be nice ifwe could at least get all of the The Supremes [[Diana, Mary, Flo) albums outsoon, some more 60’s Miracles, Mary Wells albums, Diana’s Baby It’s Me, Ross 78and some more Four Tops.

nabob
06-05-2013, 11:40 PM
I have been curious too as to what the next releases are. It’sbeen considerably quiet this year for Motown-Select releases. Would be nice ifwe could at least get all of the The Supremes [[Diana, Mary, Flo) albums outsoon, some more 60’s Miracles, Mary Wells albums, Diana’s Baby It’s Me, Ross 78and some more Four Tops. Please continue the Smokey Robinson series. The last volume started hitting my stride in terms of my favorite LPs by Smokey Robinson up to One Heartbeat. We shall see.

calvin
06-06-2013, 07:22 AM
Please continue the Smokey Robinson series. The last volume started hitting my stride in terms of my favorite LPs by Smokey Robinson up to One Heartbeat. We shall see.

I was also looking forward to the next Smokey albums: Yes It's You Lady, Touch the Sky, and Essar - which, at least as far as I know, have never appeared on cd. After writing to Classic Motown about the series I heard back from Harry that it "petered out" and that "sales just disappeared." He wrote that he'd see if another label wants to take the risk of continuing the series. I suspected this, since several volumes came out quickly and then they just stopped a couple of years ago. I'm disappointed but I understand and I'm grateful that Harry took the time to answer my email. Anyway, I bought all the volumes that were released and I'm happy to have them.

I'm still hoping to see the later Smokey Robinson & The Miracles LPs - A Pocketful of Miracles, What Love Has Joined Together [[this one was released on cd but is very hard to find now), One Dozen Roses, and Flying High Together. Yes, we will see...

RossHolloway
06-06-2013, 09:26 AM
Well we just got TCMS 1972A. They seem to space out releases so it may be a couple more months before another release drops, plus the Four Tops and Martha & The Vandellas set dropped a couple months ago.

Motown4Ever518
06-07-2013, 04:25 PM
Disappointing news about the Smokey solo series, I just purchased Volume 6, we are almost up to One Heartbeat. Second The Emotion about later Smokey + Miracles. I was listening to 1965 TCMS and thinking that by the time of the recently released TCMS 1972A, I had completely stopped buying 45's and just purchased albums. Ala the Unreleased David Ruffin LP that Hippo, re-released, it wouldn't hurt to have another run of TCMS 1966, the 6,000 units would probably sell out in no time.