PDA

View Full Version : Hey Everyone!

test

dinelle_watson
06-02-2013, 08:42 PM
Hi, everyone. Dinelle here. I'm sorry if I haven't been on the site for the last couple of months. I've been trying to re-adjust to life back here in the states, and it has not been easy. I got back on the morning of February 16th, 8 days after I turned 25. After getting back, I found out my laptop was seriously messed up, so I waited to get a new one. And I finally did. In-between that time I did two block leaves.

The first block leave spanned from late March to early April. I did some SERIOUS sightseeing. I spent four days in Boston, where I visited some of my father's relatives, visited Winthrop Beach, Boston Harbor, the Boston Tea Party re-enactment, the New England Aquarium, and did the Freedom Trail. The next four days were spent in NYC, a familiar place for me, especially since it was my fourth visit. I went to Little Italy-Chinatown, walked the Brooklyn Bridge, and saw Jane's Carousel in Brooklyn Bridge Park. I also went to Luna Park on Brighton Beach in Coney Island to see how much progress was done since Hurricane Sandy. Most of it has come back, well, except for Steeplechase Pier. The next week was spent between New Jersey and Philadelphia. I went to the site of where Washington and his troops crossed the Delaware, the Absecon Lighthouse, and of course, Atlantic City. In Philadelphia I saw The music Walk of Fame and saw all of my favorites, especially...Yep! You guessed it! Tammi Terrell. In fact, I made a trek to Mount Lawn Cemetery to pay respects to the family's final resting place. I also visited Independence Hall, the Constitution Center and The Liberty Bell as well as the Philadelphia Museum of Art. The icing on the cake was when I went to the Phillies-Royals game where The Phillies rallied and beat The Royals 4-3 in the bottom of the ninth.

My second leave spanned from late April to around mid-May. I went to visit my family in Mississippi the first week. I went to Port Gibson and visited the site of the Battle of Vicksburg. I went to New Orleans the second week and was lucky enough to go to Jazz Fest on the last day where I saw Hall & Oates and Frankie Beverly and MAZE. I also went to the New Orleans Museum of Art and the National WWII Museum.

I took a lot of pictures that on my Facebook Page. I still more to upload since I've been so busy. I have a few more traveling in store for the summer. I plan to go to Philadelphia again for the Fourth of July for the Phillies-Braves game. And try to go to Boston before the fall. And a friend of mine is trying to get tickets for a Smokey Robinson concert during Columbus day weekend. Wish me luck I can go see him.