PDA

View Full Version : Bari Track - Doni Burdick

test

snakepit
05-30-2013, 10:33 AM
The instrumental track, "Bari Track" is often credited to Doni Burdick I assume it was a b side to a DB 45?
Has it been established who is the sax player. Again, I assume it's Mike Terry...anybody have information on this stormer?
thanks
snakepit

ady_croasdell
06-11-2013, 02:17 AM
The instrumental track, "Bari Track" is often credited to Doni Burdick I assume it was a b side to a DB 45?
Has it been established who is the sax player. Again, I assume it's Mike Terry...anybody have information on this stormer?
thanks
snakepit

The creditting of the song to Doni Burdick is disingenious, he re-used old Pied Piper backing tracks some months or even years after they had been recorded. It was first issued as a vocal I Miss My Baby by Rose Batiste on Revilot but that was actually a remake, we found the original version titled This Heart Is Lonely among Shelly Haims tapes and issued it on the Pied Piper Kent CD. We will be mixing the instrumental of what became the bari track by fair or foul means for Volume 2. It was Mike Terry on the baritone sax.

snakepit
06-11-2013, 09:54 AM
Many Thanks Ady
Will be getting the Pied Piper CD eventually so will hear it in , no doubt, fine form.
Thanks
PS Finder's Keepers CD is selling well , according to Motown treasures posts...any more lined up, or indeed ANY more Motown ?
Keep on Keepin' on

ady_croasdell
06-12-2013, 07:45 AM
Many Thanks Ady
Will be getting the Pied Piper CD eventually so will hear it in , no doubt, fine form.
Thanks
PS Finder's Keepers CD is selling well , according to Motown treasures posts...any more lined up, or indeed ANY more Motown ?
Keep on Keepin' on
The vocal is on the first volume that is out, inst will be on Vol 2 prob in January.

More Motown in the pipeline but they're usualy a bit sensitive until progressed further so I'll not reveal just yet. I'm sure theboyfromXtown will know before me anyway!