PDA

View Full Version : Brenda Holloway Unreleased?

test

mysterysinger
05-29-2013, 07:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnffUHggFeg

thomas96
05-29-2013, 08:08 PM
What's your question! Or was the question mark not meant to be there? Isn't she great though. There's gotta be more great unreleased songs of hers. Too bad I missed out on an acetate not too long ago of hers with unfamiliar songs to me. It was on ebay about a year ago.

http://www.popsike.com/MOTOWN-ACETATE-Brenda-Holloway-Stevie-Wonder-Northern-Soul/140874678232.html

mysterysinger
05-29-2013, 08:42 PM
The question is are they new discoveries or all now released [[such as the track that appears on the ACE Finders Keepers CD)?

thomas96
05-30-2013, 12:08 AM
Oh, not sure of that. I know the guy who uploaded all of those video's and most of his stuff is unique to him but I can't guarantee that none of the others weren't released. He has the full versions as well not just the partial like in his uploads but I think he wants to keep them for himself.

snakepit
05-30-2013, 02:01 PM
"You've changed Me" and "i'll be alright " have been released on BH CDs.

RossHolloway
05-30-2013, 03:20 PM
All those songs have been released in recent years.

snakepit
05-30-2013, 05:22 PM
Don't think "After all you've done for me" has been issued...shame, sounds an excellent track....Smokey???

lakedistrictlad1
05-31-2013, 08:27 AM
What's the second song in [[at 1.24)? It really caught my attention.

I don't recall it at all. Can anyone point me in the direction of what cd this is on?

Thanks

Methuselah2
05-31-2013, 09:39 AM
This might do it:

http://www.discogs.com/Brenda-Holloway-The-Motown-Anthology/release/932398

Seems to have several of what's being heard on the video. Not sure about all of them, though.

snakepit
05-31-2013, 12:44 PM
What's the second song in [[at 1.24)? It really caught my attention.

I don't recall it at all. Can anyone point me in the direction of what cd this is on?

Thanks

"After all you've done"
This hasn't been released to my knowledge.

lakedistrictlad1
05-31-2013, 05:26 PM
Thanks Snakepit. I didn't think so. It's just that it is so good I can't believe it has been passed by for her anthology set or the 4 COM's sets. It has Smokey's stamp all over it. Maybe ACE will do the honours.

splanky
06-01-2013, 09:18 AM
I'm wondering who it is backing Brenda on You've Changed Me. Maybe her sister Patrice...
Certainly doesn't sound like The Andantes. Anyway, letting Brenda go was probably one
of the biggest mistakes BG ever made. Not only was she beautiful, baby could sing her
butt off!...

Buttered Popcorn and so forth
06-02-2013, 12:25 AM
"After All That You've Done" sounds fantastic--hopefully we'll get to hear the full song soon! According to the liner notes from the Finders Keepers CD, there are still plenty of unreleased Brenda songs in the vault!

If you have Brenda's 2CD Motown Anthology, then these are the rest of the Motown songs you'll need that have been released on various compilations:

THIS IS NORTHERN SOUL! THE MOTOWN SOUND
Lonely Boy

TAMLA MOTOWN CONNOISSEURS
Tell Me Your Story

A CELLARFUL OF MOTOWN!
All Your Love
How Can I
My World Is Crumbling
Who You Gonna Run To
Trapped In A Love Affair

A CELLARFUL OF MOTOWN! VOL. 2
Crying Time

A CELLARFUL OF MOTOWN! VOL. 3
You’re Walking Out With My Heart
We’ll Keep On Rolling
Going To A Go-Go

A CELLARFUL OF MOTOWN! VOL. 4
My Baby Moves Me
Little Miss Loser

MOTOWN SINGS MOTOWN TREASURES
Ooo Baby Baby

FINDERS KEEPERS: MOTOWN GIRLS 1961-67
Don’t Turn Your Back On Me

144man
06-03-2013, 05:07 AM
"After All That You've Done" is listed in the 1995 edition of DFTMC without any information as to composers or producer. Approximate recording date is given as Jan 1965. There were two versions recorded by Brenda, but no known pressing.

lakedistrictlad1
06-03-2013, 07:09 AM
Thanks for the info 144man.

If that isn't a Smokey song and production i'll eat my shorts!

keith_hughes
06-03-2013, 07:19 AM
Lakedistrictlad: as you'll find out sometime in the next few months [[yup: a hint!), I entirely agree with you. Please keep your shorts on. Please.

lakedistrictlad1
06-03-2013, 09:05 AM
Oh Keith - What can I say?.....WELL DONE THAT MAN!!
And I can keep my shorts intact.

RossHolloway
06-04-2013, 01:23 PM
I would love a Lost & Found set from Brenda that includes any live recordings.

Motown4Ever518
06-07-2013, 05:04 PM
Lakedistrictlad: as you'll find out sometime in the next few months [[yup: a hint!), I entirely agree with you. Please keep your shorts on. Please.

Keith, thank you for advising LakeDistrictLad to keep his shorts on, this is a family site after all. I am in love with Ms. Holloways voice, however the West Coast produced versions of songs that we know and love left me flat. The songs that were new, or covers of non Motown material I was OK with. I think I am seeing a potential Lost and Found.