PDA

View Full Version : A Motown Icon and His Bucket List Needs Our Help

test

stalebagel
05-27-2013, 11:37 AM
A Motown legend needs our help with his bucket list request

I never had the pleasure of meeting Pastor Thomas Rachal, or Tom Rachal as he was then called, during his stint with Suzanne de Passe's Motown Productions.

For that matter, I've never met or spoken with Ms. de Passe.

But recently I've had the privilege and honor of corresponding with Pastor Rachal whom many on this Forum may remember as a talented choreographer who worked on the iconic Motown 25 special as well as Motown Returns to the Apollo.

Pastor Rachal’s life has changed. He has been diagnosed with HIV and is currently undergoing treatment for Hepatitis C. But his health is showing signs of improvement. Yet his spirit remains unbroken. He has not lost his faith in man and God. He lives in Los Angeles, and only recently he had to put his beloved dog up for adoption.

Working with Suzanne de Passe was a rare opportunity for Pastor Rachal to put the B.F.A. Degree in Theatre Arts he received from Michigan State University to good use.

He has told me that the last item on his Bucket List is to see Motown the Musical on Broadway.

That is why I am posting this on the Forum.

I am hoping that someone with personal access to Berry Gordy, Suzanne de Passe or even a honcho at Universal Music or Sony will bring this to their attention and they will help Pastor Rachal. All he needs is his airfare, a one-night hotel accommodation and a ticket to the show. Surely this is not an unreasonable request. Thomas Rachal has approved my posting this on the forum.

I am not soliciting funds for Pastor Rachal. I am only asking those who know this man's work and contributions to Motown to make his bucket wish a reality.

Thank you for reading this. I hope you can help. If you prefer, you can send me a private message and I will forward it to Pastor Rachal.

luke
05-28-2013, 01:31 PM
I may have an extra ticket for Jume 8 --just in case...

stalebagel
05-29-2013, 09:46 AM
Thanks Luke for the gracious gesture. I'll get back to you after I speak with Pastor Rachal.

marybrewster
05-29-2013, 11:29 AM

I could use an extra ticket as well.

stalebagel
06-04-2013, 06:41 PM

Luke:

Thank you again but we just couldn't work out the logistics. We're still trying to arrange air fare for Pastor Rachal to eventually get to New York for the show.

Al