PDA

View Full Version : O'jays in philadelphia

test

Kamasu_Jr
05-26-2013, 04:02 AM
Although it's available on Amazon and Ebay, BBR records in the UK has reissued The O'Jays In Philadelphia. The album that foretold of the arrival of the Philly SOUND to the big time AND THE O'Jays to major group status. No bonus tracks. But this disc and We'll Never Forget You: The Imperial Years and Back On Top combined tell the early musical story of this legendary group.

Soul Sister
05-26-2013, 01:08 PM
Hey Kam,
It's no secret Eddie Levert is my favorite lead singer after "Smitty". :) So I still have the original vynal albums from back in the day as well as the CD's individually.
From Imperial days one of their first big hits is still my fav "Stand In For Love", followed by "Lonely Drifter".
From the Philadelphia album I love "Your The Best Thing Since Candy" and "Let Me Into Your World".

My favorite album as a whole is "Back On Top" from 1968 with "I'll Be Sweeter Tomorrow", "Going Going Gone", "I Dig Your Act", "Look Over Your Shoulder" and "Love Is Everywhere", the whole album is great!!!

All 3 albums were the "original" 5 O'Jays ~

S.S.

Kamasu_Jr
05-26-2013, 09:33 PM
Soul Sister, do you know anything about an O,Jays record called Oh How You Move Me? We have it on an odd CD, but can't place when it was released.

Soul Sister
05-26-2013, 10:22 PM
Yes, you mean "Baby You Move Me", it's one of my favs! I can't remember which O'Jays album it's on offhand, that would take me a lot of diggin` thru them.
It is on another album too, The O'Jays vs. The Moments.

Linda Jones covered it too!!

Love both versions!!

S.S.

It's

heikki
05-27-2013, 01:37 AM
Hi!

The O'Jays actually cut a song called "Oh How You Hurt Me" for a single on Imperial in 1964. It also appeared on their "Comin' Through" album in 1965. I like the song very, very much. You can see it on YouTube, too.

Best regards
Heikki

sunshineonacloudyday
06-03-2013, 03:05 AM
That O'Jays vs The Moments Lp on Stang Records is a goodie, with some fine obscure tracks from both groups. Another pre PIR O'Jays Lp with some lesser known tunes is called Super Bad on Trip Records. Like Soul Sister, I'm a big O'Jays fan, and my all-time favorite O'Jays song is also Stand In For Love! Another seldom heard favorite is off the [[PIR) Backstabbers Lp, [[They Call Me) Mr Lucky. Such a feel good song :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-elLTiaOm8w

Soul Sister
06-03-2013, 12:15 PM
HA HA HA!!! I can see you are sunshineonacloudyday! I also have "Super Bad" LP too, yup, it's a goodie!!!

S.S.